Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You're It!

You're It!

So an internet tag has been going around where  the blogger answers eight questions, and then tags people to answer the same. If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!

1. If you could have a superpower, what would you have? Why?
 
I would fly. I have dreams all the time where I can fly or even jump for a really long way... (must be all those video games). I also really like the Jumper concept. You know, form the film with that super cute Canadian actor??? Hmm, my mind is drawing a blank..... he has that effect on me. ;) But I'd pop in all parts of the world at any time. What a great feeling that'd be.
 
2. Who is your style icon?
 
Madonna. Love her.
 

3. What is your favorite quote?
 
"Less is more" Mies Van der Rohe
 
4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?
 
A girl once told me in college that if her boyfriend had to break up with her for someone else, she was glad it was for me. That was huge. Because she hated me when it happened. But I didn't know her at the time. Later, when she got to know me thru mutual friends she told me that. Neither one of us ended up with him.
 
Second best was my German friend who lives in UK. We met in London like 10 years ago and he was a senior in high school on a class trip. My hostel room window let out onto the roof so we had kids coming in and out of our room to hang out and drink on the roof. Peter and I met and kept in touch (were pen pals before Facebook came around). Anyway, we still KIT and he's getting his PHD in engineering in Bristol, UK. He told me once that it was because of me he decided to get out into the world. I was traveling all over back then and it had an effect on him. That was a really special compliment from a really special guy.
 

5. What playlist/cd is on your ipod/cd player right now?
 
I'm listening to all kinds of Indian music. Prepping for my next ms.
 

6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
 
This has changed from decade to decade. Right now, I'm a total morning person. I write best in the early hours.

7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?

 
I love cats. Always have. I miss having one but my hubby is allergic. We have a dog right now, and I love him, but he's a total pain---very needy. I love cats' independence.
 
8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
 
Chronicles of an Author at Large is about my path to publication. It's a hopeful title that someday someone will capture me and throw me into their literary genius and sell my books. :) 

    3 comments:

    Summer Ross said...

    Not a morning person LOL I hate mornings.

    Jen said...

    Flying, Madonna and your love of cats! That's it, you're officiallly awesome in my book!!!

    I love the last question, I wonder how a lot of people come to their blog name!!! Super neat to learn!

    Nicole Zoltack said...

    I used to be a morning person. Then I was a night owl for a long time. My newborn son has turned me back into a morning person. Ugh.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I'm following yours now.