Friday, October 1, 2010

LETHAM GRANGE

Crazy cool blogfest going on at Serena's blog  I See You See  ....

Bloggers pick a name from Serena's selection and write a few words about that location, using only.... what's that? Yes, our imagination!

I picked:

 LETHAM GRANGE

Follow the yellow brick road north of Topeka, Kansas and you will be in Nowhere. Drive a few hundred miles west of Nowhere, and eventually you'll run into Letham Grange. In the fall, the yellow-gold fields of wheat rustle in the breeze agains the cobalt sky, for acre after acre as far as the eye can see. Nestled amidst it all is a giant,delapidated old barn, the russet colored paint faded from time's unforgiving seasons. It's been attempted before to demolish the old barn--rumor in the nearby town is that it's the main source of eerie mischief that causes livestock to disappear and children to wake up screaming. Sherriff Tomkins and his men tried to investigate once, but they were never the same afterwards, their hair soon a permanent shade of gray. Only answer anyone ever got was, "Even after his death, Farmer Letham's never changed." 


Okay, so I left you hanging with that... but that was kinda the point. Let your own imagination run with it. Have some fun! Use it for a prompt and write something spooky for Halloween!

Be sure to visit Serena's blog for the rest of the entries and enjoy all the locations!

Happy Friday! And Happy October! It's my fave time of year.... I can feel fall in the air (and when you live in Florida it's like a glass of cold water on a hot day.) Fall can never come fast enough.

Have a most excellent weekend! :)

6 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Odd how our minds work. When I thought of a place named Letham Grange, I thought of a small, isolated English hamlet whose inhabitants sullenly guard secrets as in an arcane Lovecraft tale. I need to get more sleep, right? LOL.

clp3333 said...

I like the Topeka Ks reference. I grew up a half hour from there. Also like how you pictured the dilapidated barn. I love old rundown farm houses and barns like that.

Madeleine said...

Sounds very Thomas Hardy. I like your take on it :O)

J.C. Martin said...

Ooh, spooky! Love the atmosphere you injected into it!

Tabitha Bird said...

Very cool!

You have a great weekend too.

Thank you for visiting my blog. It is wonderful to read such a supportive comment. Makes me feel like maybe the journey is worth it. :))

Alison Stevens said...

This was great! And perfect for October. :)