Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday Weekly Spotlight

Wow, awards are so much fun--giving and getting both. I mean, they're not even tangible--just a photo--but they have such a positive effect.

Wednesdays, as you know, are the day of the week when I shine the spotlight on one of the blogs I follow. It's my opportunity to show appreciation to them for a job well done and let others know about them (if they don't already.)

Today, the Oscar goes to....... *trumpets sounding*



Sheri A. Larsen       of      Writer's Alley

Sheri's blog is fantastic! She always has groovy contests going on and throws an I Got U Blogfest to show blog love around the blogosphere. It's because of Sheri that I started this little weekly spotlight to begin with. I was so impressed with her blogfest, I thought, "Wow! We need to do more for each other because it feels great!"

As writers we tend to relish our time alone and sequester ourselves away whenever possible so we can toil away at spinning tales. We don't get a lot of appreciation and understanding from those around us (if we're not yet published) so having fellow bloggers to support us is invaluable.

I love Sher's positive energy and outlook on life. Just check out her blog and you'll see what I mean. She's also running a Halloween contest with smashing prizes, and there's still time to sign up! Which reminds me.... I need to get my story to her ASAP....

On that note, I bid you adieu. Happy hump day! The weekend is in sight. I can't wait to tell you about my special Book Club event on Saturday, so be sure to check back. Tomorrow, more on revisions.

8 comments:

salarsenッ said...

AW, PK, this is so sweet of you! I love it, and to say you started it because of me. My heart is melting. It's amazing how things work, sometimes. I so needed to hear this. Been down, lately. Just so much going on with four kids. I'm feeling a bit inadequate. Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3

Quinn said...

On my way to check out Writers' Alley now. I think it's really great that you do this each Wednesday.

T C Mckee said...

This is so cool. I just checked out Writer's Alley and I'm now a follower.

Kittie Howard said...

PK, I couldn't agree more. Writer's Alley is a super great blog!! I also think you've got a great blog going and richly deserve your awards!

Kathryn said...

You're the second person to say "Happy Hump Day", and I'm wondering if I've been doing Wednesday all wrong now.

What DOES that mean??

Cool spotlight! Will check it out! :)

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great blog, I'll hop over and check it out.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The friendships and support are what make this community so awesome!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Wonderful post. A new blog to visit. Will go there when I leave here.

BTW, I see in your profile that your husband's a firefighter. Mine is a retired firefighter. Love em.