Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday Weekly Spotlight

Wow, Blogger's slow this morning. Must be like congestion in a traffic jam. A kind of blogging rush hour, if you will. :s (I'm a dork, I know.)

Welcome to my new followers. Glad you're here. Feel free to comment. Love to hear from you. :)

Wednesday is the day I shine the spotlight on one of the blogs I follow and tell you why I follow them. If you're following me, then I should be following you. If I'm not please let me know. Because unless your blog is rude, crude, or offensive my face should be one of the many in your little sea of floating heads. (I know that doesn't include any one of my lovely followers.)

Love my blogging friends, and while I can't read every blog every day, there are those I read regularly for their awesome writing, voice, tips, humor, etc. You never know when it may be YOUR blog in the spotlight, so check back each Wednesday ... it's always a surprise. :o

Today, the Blogger Oscar goes to .....    

 *drumroll*

*gasps of anticipation*



RAYNA M. IYER      of         COFFEE RINGS EVERYWHERE


You may be following her blog already. If you are, don't you love it?? I'm always eager to learn what she will post next. She's over in India and every day has been posting a drabble. What's a drabble you ask? A drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words. And Rayna always has a great one.

Her posts make me stop and think. They make me appreciate the world, and question what's wrong with it. Just read her post from yesterday on what wives do for their husbands. If you're not following her already, you should be. Read a few posts and you'll be making it a point to read her blog daily.

So what are you waiting for? Click on the link above and check her out.

And if you don't see your name in the spotlight this week, don't worry ... keep posting on those awesome blogs and you never know when it'll be your name in the spotligt next.  

Cheers my firends!
                                             

16 comments:

salarsenッ said...

Sounds interesting. Off to check out the drabble. LOL

Lizz said...

Awesome, and congrats to Coffee Rings Everywhere! I'll be stopping by soon to check it out.

Kathryn said...

I've NEVER heard of a drabble before. I'll check it out! Thanks! :)

Maria McKenzie said...

Just read Coffee Rings Everywhere. Very enjoyable! And now I know what a drabble is!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've followed Rayna for a long time now!

Summer Ross said...

I don't think i am following that one...hops like a bunny to quickly click the link and check it out!

Melissa said...

She has such a great blog! I love all the love you share here.

Julie Musil said...

Rayna's blog is AWESOME! I'm always amazed at how much emotion she can pack into 100 words. Excellent choice!

Jennifer Hillier said...

Now that is a super cool blog. Thanks for pointing the way!

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Oh my grapes, what an AMAZING blog she has!

Elena Solodow said...

Following Rayna's blog on your recommendation - awesome idea to give the shout-outs!

klahanie said...

Great idea you've got going here. I shall duly check the link out. Must be a very good day for me. I've had the great pleasure of discovering your wonderful blog and thank you for linking in to my shy and humble blog. Much appreciated.
In kindness and respect, Gary:-)

Matthew Rush said...

I love that you do this. What a great idea for a series of posts. However ... I'm ashamed to admit that I wasn't following. I've read your blog before so I'm not sure what's wrong with me.

It's been corrected now. Look for the little Yoda with a green lightsaber in your follower widget!

LTM said...

AWESOME!!! Rayna is an EXCELLENT choice! Yesss... her blog is always fantastic, she takes those pix herself. And she's a wonderful friend. Bonus! :o) <3

kmckendry said...

I love India. I was there 2 years ago and I'm looking forward to reading some good drabble. Thanks for the post and the contest is a great idea!

Rayna M. Iyer said...

Thank you so very very much for throwing the spotlight on me. I was in rural Uttar Pradesh all day yesterday, spent today morning catching up on work, and only now went to my blog, and found the absolutely wonderful surprise.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

And throwing the spotlight is a great idea. I'm going to adopt it too, because there are so many awesome blogs out there that do not have as many followers as they should have.

Thank you, again.