Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Just Wanna Show This Off ....

Presenting my book cover for my WIP:


Isn't it cool? It was done by Fena Lee. Feel free to check out her blog here. She's fantastic and super nice.

She may be able to help you with your own eBook covers.


On a completely different subject, I saw Tron Legacy yesterday. It had fantastic special effects and a stellar eighties style soundtrack/score. The concept is awesome, but I had a little trouble suspending disbelief. I couldn't quite grasp the idea of The Grid--not that I didn't understand it--but that I found it too hard to buy into. Aside from that, it's a fantastic 2.5 hours of entertainment.

Well, I feel like I've been so distant. Sorry for that. Work has been a bear with all the cancelled flights from weather problems in the UK and US over past week. Plus, with the holidays I just haven't had the usual blog time I like in order to peruse your blogs and update mine. Hopefully, that will be changing once kids are back in school.

If you've stopped by, thank you so much! Hope the remainder of your year is extraordinary. How are your WIPs coming along? Had any chance to work on them? I know I haven't. :(

19 comments:

Jamie - I'm a guy, btw! said...

Love that cover...it's beautiful! I'm hoping to make one for my WIP just to help keep me inspired on a daily basis. I'm a sucker for covers!

The Happy Whisk said...

Looks like you're having fun celebrating your manuscript - that's great stuff. Go you.

christicorbett said...

PK,
Loving your cover...very intriguing.

You're not the only one not working on your WIP over the holidays :)

Christi Corbett

William Kendall said...

Very good cover!

gideon 86 said...

Very cool cover. When does it come out?

Michael

Oddyoddyo13 said...

That's a fantastic cover! I'd buy it. :) Understandable that you're busy...just hurry back, please!

I am taking a break from my WIP. (In other words, I'm procrastinating. *sigh*)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was nice of her!
Tron's nothing deep - just a lot of fun.

The Golden Eagle said...

That's a great cover! I love the blue, and the font.

I've been writing like crazy in my WIP--I want to finish within the next few weeks (I had planned on the New Year, but since I have a lot to go and there are only three more days left . . . that's looking unlikely).

Elena Solodow said...

Love the cover!

JEFritz said...

Great cover. I'd definitely click on it and check it out. Hope the rest of your year is less stressful!

Norma Beishir said...

Cool cover, PK!

Rayna M. Iyer said...

That is a stunning cover!
Looking forward to your WiP no longer remaining a WiP.

Creepy Query Girl said...

that IS a really neat cover! Ugh, I can't imagine how hard the christmas weekend must have been for those working or trying to fly out of airports! Hope you were able to have a great holiday anyway!

kmckendry said...

Great cover! I love it when the kids are on break but I too have a hard time getting any real writing done. Have a Happy New Year!

Kathryn said...

This is the coolest!!! I like how edgy it looks! Got a lot of done in airports (thought of you the ENTIRE time, btw... how could would it have been if we'd crossed paths?) but still have two more chapters to edit on hardcopies before moving them all over to my file. Whew!

Florence said...

Love your book cover, your new facebook photo and the updated name. I was thinking about how much work you must have had with the storms delaying or canceling so many flights.

Take heart. You will soon have some of your "write" time back.

Pk Hrezo said...

THank you my lovely friends! Work has been grueling but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

BTW my WIP hasnt been published or anything, I just wanted a cover for inspiration. :)

Nas Dean said...

Great cover and very good tactic for inspiration!

Rachael Harrie said...

That is so cool!!! Love it.

Rach