Friday, January 7, 2011

Awards!


Recently, I was given some awards and I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Donna Yates and Quinn for bestowing such honor upon little ol' me. So in return, I must answer a few questions and then leave the awards for other bloggers I admire. Don't worry, I'll keep it short and sweet!



and


For the Versatile Blogger award you must tell seven things about yourself:
1. I'm only 5'2
2. I hate celery
3. I've never been to a country I didn't like
4. I'm a fifth generation Florida native (a true cracker)
5. I have a dog but I'm more of a cat person
6.I can dance to anything at any time
7. I always have a bottle of water with me

Now for the 10 questions for the Life is Good award:

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now? 

I love that you all know who I really am. I have nothing to hide. Nor will I assume a pen name, unless I change genres or something.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

Ha ha... just talk to my hubby. I'm sure he can give you plenty of instances. But stubborn in a good way, all week my son's been trying to stay home from school, feigning sickness. I've been the pig headed mom. I just said NO!

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

Someone who's been very blessed. I've been fortunate enough to have people who really love me in my life. 

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Oh, I'm pretty boring there... WATER. The only thing that quenches my thirst is good ol fashioned water.
 
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do? 

Write! 

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it? 

I'm not published yet ... so that. I want to visit all seven continents (I've only hit 3 so far). I didn't have to change this from Quinn's answer. I've been to 20 different countries, but only 3 continents.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching? 

Actually, I was nominated for class clown. I was a total underachiever tho.. if it didn't come easy, I didn't do it. I wasn't shy because I grew up with most of the kids I graduated with. I think I ditched half my senior year. lol 
 
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

Becoming a parent. I always knew I wanted kids, but it wasn't until my son first arrived that my life truly made sense.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I don't mind doing either.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why? 

Read a book. I talk on the phone for a living, so I hate talking on the phone. Plus, I never have time to read anymore. It's a struggle and I'm usually so tired at end of the day I fall asleep reading.

Well, that's it for me. I'm supposed to pass these awards on to other bloggers I think are fantastic. And if you're here reading this now, I think YOU are fantastic. So please help yourself to one or both of these awards. I know it's kind of cheating and all, but what can I say... sue me! lol 

Big thanks again to Quinn and Donna for thinking of me and sharing the blog lurve! You guys rock!

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the awards! I like all your answers!!! I hate talking on the phone too.

Tracy said...

Ugh! I can't STAND talking on the phone. I think it stems from my old call-center days.

And I own cats (2) even though I'm more of a dog person. (I never admit that in front of them though. Wouldn't want to hurt their feelings)

Jules said...

Congrats on the awards! Seems we are the same age and have a dancing thing in common :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Summer Ross said...

Congrats on the award and I could see you as the class clown.

Kindros said...

Congrats on the awards. Talking on the phone is no good. I do voice chat online though, feels completely different.

Grats on being the class clown too. :) Sounds like a great time in school.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the awards.
And no one really likes celery. We only choke it down if lathered in peanut butter or cheese.

Florence said...

Both awards are very much "you." I loved your answers and admire your energy and determination.

Congrats :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the awards!

Loved reading your answers.

Nas Dean said...

Congratulations on the awards!

I loved learning something new about you.

Colene Murphy said...

Awesome to learn more about you!!! Congratulations on your awards!

Florence said...

I am a "versatile" kind of gal, so look for that one on my side board with you in giant letters :)

erica and christy said...

I read that first one three times thinking "She can't be 52 years old". Hello, erica, pay attention!! Congrats on your awards and for being so young (haha)!

Lindsay N. Currie said...

LOL this was a fun list to read, especially for my first visit to your site. I stumbled across it from the comments section of Trisha Leaver's site and am looking forward to following, and visiting more often:)

LTM said...

Congrats on your awards, and no, YOU are fantastic! :D I'm a water-girl, too... ;p

T C Mckee said...

Congrats on the award!! 5'2, no way! 5'4 and a half over here. I hate talking on the phone too. Sometimes the kids tell me its ringing and I swear to them that its all in their head. I don't hear a thing.

DL Hammons said...

Congrats on your awards!!! And count me as another person who hates talking on the phone. I won't even call to order pizza, I have my wife do it. :)