Thursday, January 6, 2011

Critique Opportunities

I was going to do a Weekly Spotlight today, but instead decided to share these awesome opportunities to win a critique. Having just won a couple myself, I can tell you how helpful and rewarding it is to have additional eyes on your first few hundred words. After all, they're so crucial to keep  the reader reading.

So check them out and enter... you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Lydia Sharp is offering a first 500 words critique to anyone who enters by January 15. WOW!! Plus, the grand prize winner will receive a double critique on the first chapter, a query critique, free book, and guest spotlight on her blog. So hop on over to The Sharp Angle and get the lowdown on  this fantastic opportunity.

And that's not all ...

The Trilogy Contest is also happening where you could win
3 x query or synopsis (max. 2 pages) critiques (winner's choice)
3 x first 300 words critiques
3 x first 3 pages critiques
AND
3 x first 30 pages critiques

Total coolness!!  Hop on over to Rach Writes for all the details.


I won't keep you any longer so you can get all signed up for these golden opportunities. Hope the new year is treating you good so far!

16 comments:

LM Preston said...

Oh goody!! Always seeking a free eye on my work!

Quinn said...

Thanks for this! I didn't know about Lydia's critique.

By the way, I gave you an award on my blog.

LTM said...

awesome. I'll check these out. Critiques are just the best thing ever. They're... I can't think of a good enough word... OK, I'll stop. :D <3

E.J. Wesley said...

I've won a couple here, and they can be extremely helpful. Thanks for the FYI!

Also, Happy New Year PK!

Elena Solodow said...

Thanks for the Sharp link. Just submitted to it!

Donna Hole said...

Thanks for the tips.

.........dhole

Holly Ruggiero said...

Thanks for the information.

Lydia Sharp said...

Thanks for linking! :)

kmckendry said...

Ohh thx Pk. I think this is just what I needed to kick start my writing this year. I will check them out!

Summer Ross said...

Oh thanks for the links to these opportunities!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Thanks!

T C Mckee said...

Thanks these are wonderful!

The Golden Eagle said...

Thanks for the post! :)

Lola Sharp said...

I don't need any critiques as I have great CPs, but I will try and spread the word.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. :)
Happy 2011! *hugs*

Jules said...

This is exactly why I love this blog community! It feels like a real community. Thanks for the links :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Regina said...

Awesome heads up. Thanks.