Okay this took some genuine thought, mainly because there are so many darn good songs out there. Music provides the soundtrack to our lives, and I flat out can't imagine a world without it. My most current ms deals a lot with music.
Remember how invested in certain songs you were when you were young?? Man, it felt like the world was speaking to me through certain lyrics. I'm such a music nut, I coordinated / choreographed my own wedding to individual songs I picked. I honestly believe there's a song out there for every kind of feeling.
Check out my TOP 10 here, then head on over to Mr. Alex J. Cavanaugh's blog to peruse the rest of the entries. Should be a fun day!!
And without firther ado ... (in no particular order)
10. River of Deceit Mad Season (Reminds me of the good old days. And just a kick-ass song)
9. Beautiful Day U2 (Played this song at my wedding right after our first kiss. The whole wedding party exited the ceremony to this song... it was so great! To this day everyone at my wedding thinks of it when they hear that song. I know because they tell me so ;) )
8. On a Clear Day PM Dawn (Reminds me of college days and being so free)
7. Riders on the Storm The Doors (Perfect for driving on rainy days)
6. Here Comes the Rain Again Eurhythmics (Just love this song. Reminds me of college days and winding down an evening of dancing with this song)
5. Storms in Africa Enya (Something so hypnotic about this one. I walked down the aisle to marry my hubby to this song. I'd always wanted to, and it was completely untraditional, but I did it anyway, and everyone loved it.)
4. Don't Stop til You Get Enough Michael Jackson (Gets my feet moving. Have to dance to this one)
3. Ramble On Led Zepplin (Cranking this song up just puts me into "rock out" zone)
2. Iiieee Tori Amos (Yes it's really the title. Tori is my all time fave singer and this one just never gets old for me)
1. Like a Prayer Madonna (So Madonna's songs ain't deep or anything, but they make me dance. And this one gets me on the floor quicker than anything. It's just a darn good song)
Here are just a few runners-up off the top of my head:
Nightshift ( Commodores); Free Bird (Lynnrd Skynnrd) In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel); If You Leave (OMD ); Dreams (Cranberries); Homeward Bound (Simon & Garfunkle); Where the Streets Have No Name (U2);Barons of Suburbia (Tori Amos) Sexual Healing (Marvin Gaye)
Alright, so of course there are MANY more songs I adore, and this just barely grazes the surface, but I sure had fun giving it a go. Can you imagine a world without music? It would be so very blah.
So tell me what some of your fave songs are? If your participating in the blogfest, I'll be stopping by for a visit soon! Happy Monday!