Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday Weekly Spotlight .... Could Be You!

It's that time again! Yippee skippee. First off, I just got my critique back from Lydia Sharp over at the Sharp Angle and wow is she a brainiac! I am amazed what that woman pulled off in a matter of weeks with 85 contest entries!! Stay tuned to her blog because she may offer another contest like this in another few months. You won't want to miss it.

Also, can I just say how disappointed I am I missed Miss Snark's secret agent contest this last round?? UGH! I sent my entry in at 7pm on the nose, and got no response for like five minutes. Finally, I thought, "I better send another one." And at that moment a rejection email came through saying I was to early and it was 659pm when it went through. So I skidaddled to get a new entry in, and at 707pm got my second rejection that the contest was full. Double UGH!!! Oh well ...

Anyway ...

If you're new to my blog, Wednesdays are the day I shine the spotlight on a blog I follow and tell you why I follow them. Today, the Blogger Oscar goes to ...

*drumroll*

*tosses confetti*


Sarah Falen  of   FALEN FORMULATES FICTION


So I am brand spankin' new to Sarah's blog, but I wanted to share it with you today because she has this awesome run down of last week's webinar with Sara Megibow--lit agent extraordinaire.

I really wanted to attend this one, but didn't have the extra cash. I know first hand how amazing Sara is, and now to see how equally amazing Sarah is to post the notes she took during the other Sara's webinar--just fantastic! So if you, like me, are new to Sarah Falen too, don't delay! Get thee over to her blog right now and read up on how you can make your first three pages rock. And if you already think you know, check it out for a reminder.

I'm excited to see what future posts Sarah has for us. I just lurve making new bloggy friends.

Are you new here to my bog? If so, I'm so happy to meet you! What about you--find any new blogs you want to share? Tell me everything....

17 comments:

DEZMOND said...

ah, Falen can be hilarious sometimes, especially when she posts crazy pics of her animal kingdom :)
Too bad, my site is banned at her workplace :) and she can't visit since, as we know, all of you naughty bloggers blog at your working places :))

ali said...

It's so cool that you do these. Sarah's blog is one I've never been to!

Plamena Schmidt said...

Cool idea! I'll got check out her blog.

Summer Ross said...

I'm sorry you got rejected- twice. Thats crazy. Great spotlight also, I've been a follower for a while now. Its a great blog even though I don't leave comments as often as I should, I still read it.

M Pax said...

Yup, pretty new. Thanks for the intro to Sarah. :)

DL Hammons said...

Sarah's blog is one that I've been following for a long time. She posts a wonderful balance of informative and entertaining content! It's so cool that she gets spotlighted like this. Thanks!! :)

Florence said...

PK ... if I tell you everything I'll have to kill you. :)

A little godfather humor. Congrats on getting honorable mention from Lydia!! Good work. Remember to post it another day.

Get to meet new people every week because of your Wed. feature. Thanks for another great post.

Jules said...

PK, sorry for the rejections. I do however, love meeting new people. Even if it is through a small screen :) Thanks for the spotlighting, you know that is illegal in KY :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Raquel Byrnes said...

I've never attended a webinar before but they sound really helpful. I might check one out.
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Falen is an excellent choice! Does she share the honors with Yvie?

erica and christy said...

I entered mine to Miss Snark's, too. For the third time. And for the third time, no response. No "you're disqualified." No "too late." No "yay! way to go!" Nothing. I emailed her and she said a few of us are experiencing trouble like that.

Way to get rejected, aye? (sort-of like my partial review from Sarah Megibow, only less personalized, hehe).
erica

Nas Dean said...

Hi PK,

You got feedback from The Sharp's, I think that's great. Sorry for the missed opportunity with Miss Snark's.

Thanks for spotlighting Falen Formulates Fiction. Will go and check it out now.

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Ah, I like this idea! Spotlighting different blogs once a week is perfect and I'll head over to this one now:)

kmckendry said...

Thanks for choosing Sarah. She has some great notes. :)

kmckendry said...

Hey congrats on your Honorable Mention on "The Awesome" contest.

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

aww thanks for the shoutout! It was a bit of a scrape for me, too, to get that money for the webinar, but i sacrificed buying some books.
As for what's coming up on my blog, there may be some free book giveaways appearing next week. Or so rumor has it...

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

also, bummer about Miss Snark. I thought briefly about trying to get in on this one, but with the webinar and The Awesome it just seemed too much all at once. Thank goodness there will be others