Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Weekly Spotlight .... Could Be You!

And Happy Hump Day to all! If you're in the U.S. northeast, hope you're staying warm and enjoying the snow day! Wow, it's been a rough winter. And I know that must be lame coming from someone down in Florida, but it's been an exceptionally cold winter for us too.

And besides that, working for an airline, when there's weather somewhere--anywhere, I feel the full force of it with all the cancelled flights and talking to stranded passengers. First it was London shut down for a few days, then NYC over Christmas, now NYC again. Whew! I'm over it.

As usual, on Wednesdays I like to shine the spotlight on a blog I follow and tell you why I follow it. This week the Blogger Oscar goes to ....

*drumroll*

*confetti*


Maria McKenzie  of   Reading, Writing, Romance


Maria always has such great advice on writing and is dedicated to the craft. Not only that, but she shares yummy recipes as well. An all around fantastic blog to follow! So if you're not already following Maria's blog, click on the link above and hop on over. She will be glad to have you and is always a gracious hostess.

On a side note, welcome to my new followers. I'm so happy you're here. Oh, but if your blog isn't linked to your Blogger profile, I can't get to it to follow you. I think sometimes Blogger goofs and doesn't show the website, because sometimes I'll pull up a profile for a second time and the website/blog is there. Who knows?!

Anyway, here's to you! *raises steaming cup of coffee in toast*

Stay warm! And tell me what you're working on!

16 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

It's a big number of bloggers that don't have their links connected on their little followers heads, either. They have to have the links connected on both the profile and the little head. Otherwise, it just shows on the one, usually profile. If that makes sense. Anyway, Happy Wonder Woman Wednesday, to you.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I wish I could stay warm. It's freezing where I live in Canada. I think I just saw a polar bear wondering down the street, and I don't live that far north!

gideon 86 said...

Hi,PK

Cold in Chicago, too! Not a sub-below zero winter, but cold and snowy.

I love the winters in Florida. I live down in Fort Lauderdale for seven years.

Writing today.... only 5000 words left.... Yah! I might have to add a few more thousand to finish off with a bang. I know what I want to write, I just need to finish up.

Have a great day in Sunny Florida.

Michael

Summer Ross said...

I can hardly believe how cold it is here in Wyoming. great spotlight- she has a wonderful blog, I'm already a follower of hers.

Have a great day!

Florence said...

Glad you have featured yet another of your blog friends. I get to meet the nicest people through you and Christi :)

Thanks for another link.

Kindros said...

Thanks for the welcome and the recommendation. I'll definitely have to check out her blog.

Jules said...

Thanks for the steaming coffee :) I will check out Maria. I guess being FLA. you miss all this snow and gloom :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Su said...

I feel the same way about the weather-- it's chilly for Austin, but I hate to mention it because it's sooooo much colder everywhere else! Thanks for introducing us to Maria.

Colene Murphy said...

Whoohoo! Maria!!

Nas Dean said...

Hi PK,

I already follow Maria and she does wonderful posts. I enjoy her blogs.

Well definitely not cold here but the rain is not easing...very soon we'll go the way of Brisbane Australia!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You work for the airlines in NY? You brave woman!

Jen Daiker said...

It was chilly here in Houston but not according to when I lived back home in Iowa. No snow on the ground for us, it was in the 30's today which is very cold for Houston so there were plenty of coat wearers.

You work for airline? How cool!? What do you do there... I'd be interested in learning more about that... I've always been fascinated with airlines.

Oddyoddyo13 said...

A rough winter all around! Yay!

Mmmm....recipes...love that. :)

Melissa said...

Maria is AWESOME

Maria McKenzie said...

Thanks, PK! What a nice surprise to be featured in your Weekly Spotlight! And thanks to the commentors above for those kind words!

I'm ready for warm weather! The kids love the snow, but I'm ready for it to leave!

DEZMOND said...

hey, Pk, thanks for following HOLLYWOOD SPY. Love your Czech surname, it seems you're my Slav sister ;) And your job sounds super exciting!