Friday, February 25, 2011

Have I Met the Challenge?

So, by the seat of my pants I'm making this post in time for the first Crusaders' Challenge.

Here's the rules: In 300 words I have to give you (not in this order btw):
 1 lie
 1 secret
 1 best character trait
 1 fave thing
 1 annoying habit
 1 quirk
And use the words bloviate, fuliguline, rabbit, and blade


Okay, here goes....

I've gone by the nickname PK my entire life. It stands for Pamela Kay. Everyone I know calls me PK, except when Hubby want's to be cute and calls me by my first name. He especially does this when we're in the car and he's driving. I'm such a backseat driver. I wouldn't say that annoys him the most, but it's up there--right along with my preference for keeping my feet out from under the covers.. even when it's cold out. Those aren't enough to keep him from loving me though... well, it's either that or the fact I've taken him to Hawaii at least six times. It's my fave place in the world. If he knew that I'm secretly in love with Legolas from the Mirkwood realm, he may not be so happy, but I'd never leave Hubby for an elf--I wouldn't wanna have to grow old, while he stayed young.
And if it's any indication of my brilliance, or lack thereof, I must confess I had to look up both bloviate and fuliguline to find out what they mean, neither of which define me. I'd have to say my best character trait is bravery. Sure, I get scared like anyone else, but never enough to back off. I'll confront anyone or any situation.... Heck, I'll follow the white rabbit anywhere. Give me a blade and I'll learn to use it. So if nothing else gets me through this world, I know I can rely on my courage.

Okay, sorry... hope that wasn't too long and grueling. Hop over to Rach Writes for more on the challenge. I have so much fun reading the other entries.

Can you guess which of the above is untrue?

23 comments:

Dan said...

Guessing the lies is hard. I'll say you don't stick your feet out of the covers.

Dan

Melissa said...

I can't even hope to guess which one is untrue.....

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Ooh, this is a good one... I really have no idea what the lie is, but I'll guess that there have been at least few times you've been scared of something, even if you're brave enough to deal with it anyway :)

New follower from the Crusade here to say hi!

LadyJai said...

Hello fellow crusader! I am a tad bit late, the whole house has been sick all week. So, I just thought I would pop in and just say Hi! :D

You've woven every part of the challenge brilliantly! I would have to say that possibly the number of times you've been to Hawaii is greater than you've stated. :)

Matthew Rush said...

I have no idea what the lie is, but I officially think you're awesome for knowing that Legolas is from Mirkwood. So few people care about the details!

The Blogger Formerly Known As said...

I have no idea either. Very nicely done. But, I’m going to guess that the lie is about keeping your feet out from under the covers?

salarsenッ said...

This was great! Loved it. Hmmm...untruth...my gut wants me to say you keep your feet under the covers, but I'm going with you didn't take him to Hawaii 6 times.

Jules said...

Not a crusader but I've had fun reading these. As to the lie, have no idea. Just to be different I'll guess your name :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Stina Lindenblatt said...

This was funny. I'm going with the feet under the covers as the untruth because I hate it when my feet are exposed from under the cover.

Betsy said...

I'm hoping the lie isn't that you'd never leave your hubby for an elf. ;)

Melissa Bradley said...

Missed out on the Crusade sign up, but I loved this challenge and I can't even begin to guess what the lie would be. Maybe backseat driving? I'm bad at guessing so it will probably be something else entirely. I'm in love with Legolas of Mirkwood, too. :) What a great character.

Summer Ross said...

HMMM I think the lie might be that you don't sleep without covering your feet? great post!

Liz said...

Oh, please tell me your name is really Pamela Kay. Please. That's my mom's name, too, and that would just be too funny.

Kindros said...

I would think your greatest trait isn't bravery (although it is up there). You are pretty creative, so I think that might trump it. :)

Julie Musil said...

Oh how fun! (I'm a back seat driver too, so I'm guessing that's true).

My guess on the lie is the feet outside the covers. My toes get cold just thinking about it!

M Pax said...

I prefer my feet uncovered, too. Although if it's cold I will cover them up.

Florence said...

That was great crusader! Since I know you live in Florida, I don't think it's the feet. You do airline reservations so the Hawaii thing might be true. Since this challenge has been done by other bloggers, I think the lie is that you did not know what bloviate and fuliguline meant.

Are you going to tell?

Carolyn Cummings said...

I think the lie is that you are in love with Legoas. Aragorn, sure, but Legolas? Leetle bit of a whimpy boy.

gideon 86 said...

HI, PK,

Great post. There could be several answers that can be untrue.


Hmmm. I guess you haven't taken him to hawaii six times.

Congrats again on making it into the first round!

Michael

Tracy said...

PK,
That was fantastic! I think the untruth is you really aren't a backseat driver! I think you did a marvelous job of weaving the two most difficult words in there; blo...and ful...very creative!
Thanks PK for the prayers and warm thoughts for Ethan. I will keep everyone posted!
Have a fantastic Saturday!

J.L. Campbell said...

Hey, Crusader,

I'll be your hubby has a think to say about icicle toes, if you do in fact keep them uncovered. Might that fact be your lie?

Adina West said...

I know so many Legolas lovers...but I always preferred Aragorn! Never been to Hawaii but you're making it sound attractive.

:-)

William Kendall said...

As a guess.... your initial stands for something other then Pamela Kay?