Monday, February 14, 2011

Just Kiss Already Blogfest ... and more!


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Thanks for stopping by! It's always a special day for children as they trot along to their classrooms with little Valentine cards and goodies in tote. My son has his skeleton Valentines all folded over and addressed with little heart stickers adorning them. And my daughter (the preschooler) just got pooped out from signing her name on all those little fairy kitty Valentines. Poor thing. She signed maybe four.... it was just too much work. LOL!

I was never much of a sap for this holiday, but I love the idea of everyone in a romantic mood for the day. So in the continued spirit of the weekend, I'm posting 250 words from my YA story, Float, for the Just Kiss Already blogfest. Read mine here, then check out the other entries at blogfest HDQ on Stina Lindenblatt's blog Seeing Creative. All that smooching is bound to put a little spark in your step today.

Also, there is a fun blogfest going on tomorrow too. And there's still time to sign up for it. It's the UN-Valentine blogfest where bloggers share their worst Valentine's or date ever. I know what mine was ... back in high school .... this guy I really liked, see ... Oh! Wait ... that's for tomorrow. Tune in then to find out my worst date experience ever. Do you have one you'd like to share so we can all laugh and cry together?? Go sign up at Beth Fred's site for the Anti-Valentine Blogfest.

Okay, my Just Kiss Already scene from Float. It's very short, which is the idea. But a quick set up:  Sterling and Ali have just met at the airport and are spending the day together. He's on a layover headed back to Australia and Sterling works in the airport. After a night-long conversation over coffee they decided to head out into the city .... the chemistry between them has been growing all day ....


              I look into his face, only inches from mine. It moves closer. I feel his hot breath, smell its sweet muskiness. Those lips I’ve been eyeing all day are now about to touch mine. They part slightly, moving in closer. I can’t breathe.
                Instinctively, I bring my face toward his. Our lips meet, pressing into one another—gently at first, then firm and powerful. Sweet. Delicious. Amazing. My head spins. I want more.
                But he retracts from me, smiling. Irresistible. Does he know what he’s doing to my body? He stands up and offers a hand to help me to my feet.
                “I’ve been wanting to do that since I first saw ye,” he says.
                I feel my face flush with embarrassment. But I smile. “Let’s go.”
                We hold hands as we cross the street, back to the bus stop. This is the best New Year’s Day of my life. What a way to start the year.
                My first kiss.         


Thanks for tuning in! Welcome to new followers and fellow crusaders! I'll be making my rounds to all your blogs soon. Do you have a memorable first kiss? Please share ... maybe I can use it for future stories. ;)

25 comments:

salarsenッ said...

Crapper...it ended! Nice and steamy. Love the touches. Great job, girl!!

Tanya Reimer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya Reimer said...

Let me try that again, you had me dreamy! Happy valentine's Day to us.... nicely done.

Meredith said...

Definitely a great way to start the New Year! Amazing.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Okay, I want more!

I forgot today was Valentine's Day (too focused on the blogfest) until the last minute. Spent an hour yesterday gluing 70 chocolate kisses to paper hearts for the kids' (three) Valentine's Day school parties. ;)

Florence said...

Great "Love" post for this Valentine :)
My first kiss duo posted a few months ago, were the first kiss of kids, that moment when a girl or a boy feels the zing for the first time ever.

My Valentine to my blogger friends today is a bit more "naughty." I hope you enjoy Love :)

gideon 86 said...

Hi, PK,

A nice beginning to a new year....

Have a great Valentine's Day!

Michael

Quinn said...

Nice Kiss! Happy Valentine's Day!

LTM said...

ooo... nice. The whole wanting to do it from the first time I saw you thing, is always a winner~ :o) Thanks, P! <3

Donea Lee said...

First kisses are the best - so much heat and excitement there! Thanks for sharing ~ :)

Sophia Richardson said...

He may have wanted to kiss her since he met her but it looks like it was worth the wait!
- Sophia.

Melissa said...

It's over already??? So sad!

Donna Weaver said...

Interesting. "Ye" and a bus.

Nice.

Colene Murphy said...

Oh that was a sweet one! I like it!

Christina Lee said...

Different, interesting, AWESOME! Nice job!

K. M. Walton said...

A first kiss is definitely an ingredient for the best New Year's Day!!! Nice work.

Margo Benson said...

Oh, that's a lovely kiss, a swoon-worthy one!

Alyssa Fox said...

Hello, fellow crusader. That's a lovely kiss and even better it was her first.

Talei said...

Ooh I loved this kiss! Nicely done!

Happy Valentines Day. ;-)

Tracy said...

Aw, how freaking sweet! And I'll just say this, Ali's New Year started out a hell of a lot better than mine. The hand holding thing at the end was the clencher for me!

T C Mckee said...

Awe, this was just perfect. Loved it. My first kiss happened when I was like 9 years old. My best friend and fellow bike riding buddy was the boy. He smooched me in a 1930s abandoned car out in the middle of a neighbors field. We used to pretend we were bank robbers in that car. Said he saw such a kiss done on HBO. A day later he heard his mother talking to his father about a pregnancy. Apparently, they had kissed in front of him either before or after. He freaked out and rode his bike to my house to apologize for making me pregnant. We were scared for weeks. Didn't even know what pregnancy meant. When I run into him, we still laugh about it to this day. Those were the days when it was okay to let your kids roam a bit. Don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Guess it depends on who had HBO and who didn't. We were so innocent, so full of imagination. Before video games and crime shows. We just were. Great post.

Melissa Bradley said...

This was a such a sweet scene. I wanted more. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Raquel Byrnes said...

I like that she admits she's been eyeing him all day and then gets her first kiss. *sigh*
Edge of Your Seat Romance

William Kendall said...

Great scene!

Regina said...

Fabulous! What a wonderful scene full of pining for her guy. I would tell you about my first kiss but it was one of those nothing went right things where we went for each others lips and I got his chin and he got my nose kind of things...only me. lol