Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Weekly Spotlight .... Could Be You!

Greetings, bleeps! Happy Wednesday to you! If you're having a snow day, hope you're enjoying. We don't get those down here in Florida. It's pleasant and balmy out... just a typical day. Thankfully, I didn't have to work today. The canceled flights just won't end. I'm so over it.

Anyway, if you're new to my blog, welcome! I'm super happy to have you here. Wednesdays are the day I do a weekly spotlight. I shine the light on a blog I follow and tell you why. You never know, one day it may be YOU.

Today, the Blogger Oscar goes to ...


CHRISTI CORBETT  of  CHRISTI CORBETT'S BLOG


Have you met Christi before?? She is a dynamite writer and she hosts a stupendous blog focused on the craft. Just check out her sidebar for helpful links on writing. She is dedicated and super sweet. Who couldn't use a blog like that??

I've been wanting to spotlight Christi's blog for awhile now, and today seemed like the perfect day. Her post today is on an 11 year old writer, Rebecca, who shares a short story. Rebecca hopes to get some constructive feedback as well as advice in general. Did you write stories as a child? I sure did.

I took full opportunity to share a little writerly wisdom with Rebecca. How cool would that have been to receive when you were a kid?

Take a moment to stop by there today and show Rebecca some encouragement and lurve. Then, if you don't already, start following Christi's blog and take full advantage of her helpful tidbits.

What are you waiting for??

26 comments:

Jen Daiker said...

Congrats to Christi! Awesome award!!!

I live in Houston and we don't see a lot of snow days but I think we might be getting one! I'm excited and nervous! It's chilly and the power went off this morning!!!! Eek!

Melissa said...

Congrats to Christi! I've never met her before but I will definitely hop over to check her out!

Hannah Kincade said...

That's fantastic! I will head over there now.

T C Mckee said...

Just got back from Christi's blog. How cool was that post? I'm not sure I would have been that brave at eleven. I was generally the girl who hid random doodle books throughout the house. Who am I kidding, I still do this. Great weekly spotlight. Thanks. Oh and, I'm jealous of your climate right now. The winds blowing so hard I'm contemplating hat day. Totally blows. No pun intended.

Angela Felsted said...

Awesome award, and I read Rebecca's story. That's one talented girl.

E.J. Wesley said...

Christi rocks the block! Thanks for sharing, PK.

Summer Ross said...

Sounds like a wonderful blog- headed over to check it out now. Thanks for the link!

christicorbett said...

PK,

Thank you SO MUCH for spotlighting my blog today! Rebecca is a wonderful young lady and a true pleasure to work with.

Your generousity at sending fellow writers over to critique and give advice is why I love the online writing community...everyone is so supportive of each other!

Thanks again Pk,
Christi Corbett

PS. Rebecca is in school right now, but once she gets out she'll probably stop by your blog :)

PPS. Rebecca's mom is stunned at the show of support her daughter is receiving. Go fellow writers!

Florence said...

Yes PK ... you have selected a good person for this week's award. Her love of our craft and her support of the writers she networks with make her a very special person.

What she has done today with Rebecca is over the top !!

This is why I love both of you ... thanks :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nas Dean said...

Hi PK,

Thanks for spotlighting Christi and giving us the link. I'm off to check her blog now.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Balmy describes my location as well. Plus windy.
And I'm going!

Regina said...

Yeah! * Throws confetti* Christi rocks. She always has something super great on her blog. I am always left inspired for sure. Thanks for the post.

The Golden Eagle said...

I'll have to check out the link! Thanks for spreading the word. :)

Colene Murphy said...

Thanks for the link to Christi! Great spotlight! Super jealous of your balmy Florida weather...

Christina Lee said...

Aww hi there, Christi!

Betsy said...

It is an awesome blog--I've visited before! Go Christi, go!

Oddyoddyo13 said...

I love her blog layout! It's very sweet and green. Beautiful.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Thanks for the link. I'm off to check out her blog. :D

Jules said...

The only stories I told as a child got me in hot water :) You don't have to rub the balmy in either and I'm heading over now. :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

gideon 86 said...

Hi, PK,

I think it's great how you feature a blog every week. I just hopped over to Christi's but I couldn't find her follow link.

Thanks for introducing us to her.

Michael

Lindsay N. Currie said...

What a cool thing - I'll hop on over there and thanks for alerting us!

Julia Smith said...

What a great feature. You must be made of awesome.

Kindros said...

Awesome, I'll have to check this blog out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Margo Kelly said...

Chrisit is one of my FAVORITES!!! Yay. :-)

Margo Kelly said...

oops - I actually do know how to spell her name.