So I'm taking this online character development course with best selling author, Bob Mayer, and so far, it's been awesome. He's really got me digging deep and fleshing out what motivates my main characters--protags and antags both.
So over the next few days, I'll share with you what I've learned, in hopes that you can gain some helpful info on developing your own characters.
For today, I have six questions for you to answer about your characters:
1. What is the identity your character shows the world?
2. What identity does this character claim for himself? How does he/she view themselves?
3. What truth is buried so deep, your MC doesn't even realize it?
4. What first impression does your MC create?
5. How would your character's acquaintances describe him/her?
6. What circumstance would make him/her act contrary to his norm?
So think about those, mull it over, sit on it awhile ....
Next, I'll have some character basics for you, so check back soon for more good info!
How about you? Have any good character questions or pointers for us? Please share ....