Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Best Friends at Hogwarts

Well, yes ... it's another blogfest. I jut can't resist them, ya know. :) And since A-Z starts in a couple of days, what a great way to end the month of March. If  there's anyone out there who still doesn't know what A-Z is, go ahead and climb out from under your rock and listen up.

In April, there are over 600 bloggers who will be blogging every day (M-F) and starting with A and ending with Z. It can be on anything. I plan to stick mostly to craft, with a focus on creating fantasy (since that's what I'm writing right now.) I'm 12k words into my new MG fantasy, and loving it.

So my promise to you, is to keep my posts short and to the point, cause their's a lot of blogging going on. But what a great way to make new friends! Want more info? Click on pic in my sidebar for A-Z and sign up.

On to my blogfest entry....

Hosted by the wonderful Michael di Gesu over at In Time. Click on pic and check out the other entries. The idea is to write a short piece about which two kids at Hogwarts you'd choose to be your best pals, and why.

Fun, right? Here's mine ...



Without a doubt, my two best mates at Hogwarts would be Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. That's right. I prefer my buds to be dafter then me, so I can boss them to do all my dirty work. Hey, with a conceited creep like Harry Potter and his know-it-all little girlfriend, Hermione Granger, around, someone has to keep things interesting. That'd be where I come in. But I can't do it all myself. I need someone to sneak in the other dorms and snatch hairs for my Polyjuice potions, and someone to steal ingredients from Snape's storage closet, especially Gilly weed since I'd be hanging with the mer folk from the lake. I wouldn't wanna risk getting expelled, myself, so that's why I'd keep Crabbe and Goyle around. They'd make perfect gophers. And one day that Marauder's Map would be all mine! That is, once I could get those two goofs, oh, uh, I mean Crabbe and Goyle, past the booby traps in Fred and George Weasley's bedrooms.
But that's why Crabbe and Goyle would be my best pals. Sure, they may lack originality and spunk, but I've got plenty of that to keep the attention focused on me. What makes a real friend in my opinion? Loyalty. And Crabbe and Goyle would never contradict me. Besides, who else would snag the answers to next year's OWLS for me? Harsh? Maybe. But that's just how I roll .....

Muhahahahaha ......



Okay, hope you enjoyed my entry. Don't forget to check out the others. I'm sure they're all clever and goody goody and stuff, but hey, somebody has to be the villain. And yours truly doesn't mind stepping up to the plate. ;) (totally teasing BTW)

What about you? Who would you pick for your best friends at Hogwarts?

37 comments:

Melissa said...

This is awesome! haha. I love your take on it and how you're an evil mastermind in the making!

Tracy said...

fun...
now about that challenge...goodness I've entered and have no idea what I've gotten myself into. Oh well, I guess that's why it's a challenge!

Jen said...

Who was the mad professor who taught reading tea leaves and stuff? She was absolutely batty. She'd be my friend! Sure, I'd probably run her down a lot in private, but I reckon we'd get on the cheap plonk in the teachers' lounge every day. Lord Voldemort? Who? Impending doom? Whatever. Leave us alone, we're getting our drink on!

Heather M. Gardner said...

I swear I heard cracks of thunder and saw sinister lightning while reading that.
Very fun take on the challenge.
HMG

Sophia Richardson said...

Methinks someone is headed straight for Slytherin.
- Sophia.

Nisa said...

Way cute! That was terrific fun!

Margo Benson said...

I laughed at this! I was wondering if anyone would choose Crabbe and Goyle. Great post!

Old Kitty said...

Crabbe and Goyle!! Oh they so need all the friends they can get!! Yay for you!! Take care
x

Jules said...

Lord, I'm such a dweeb I don't know anything about Harry Potter. Fun read though and see you in the A-Z :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

E.J. Wesley said...

Such a sucker for Harry, so I had to pop over and read your entry! Interesting choice of friends, PK. Lesser men might not think as highly of you ... but not me! I think they rock, too.

At least you didn't choose Shamus and Cho ...

EJ

Summer Ross said...

Great post- love the voice in the piece. I think I would pick Luna for sure- don't know about the other one.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Hilarious!! What a great answer. I'm a sucker for Harry and Ron, so they'd be my first choices. Especially Ron. He is so funny! :)

Hart Johnson said...

*gigglesnort* An evil genius in the making, eh? too funny! This cracked me up. I didn't start having minions until I was at LEAST 19.

Shari said...

You look too sweet to be a Slytherin. I quite enjoyed the maniacal laughter, however.

N. R. Williams said...

I never even thought of Crabbe and Goyle. That's so funny, though I think after stealing the answers to the Owl's they would lose them. I noticed you didn't mention the blond kid and how he would react when you stole his best buds. LOL
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Colene Murphy said...

HAHAHA! Crabbe and Goyle, huh? Hilarious.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Crab and Goyle? And you?

PK I had no idea you were so EVIL! You totally shocked me. This i like the third entry that took me for a loop.

Well done. Very fun choice and I loved the way you harnessed the two boys for your EVIL doing.

Michael

Tony Benson said...

Ha! LOL! I loved this. Somebody has to be the bad guy :-) Very original.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Most amusing, loved reading,

Yvonne,

Heather said...

Love it lady!

Donea Lee said...

I picked the twins ~ but, you know...I think we all secretly would love to have two loyal little lap-dogs to do our bidding. You go, girl! :)

Laura said...

Ooooohhhh... evil!
Loved it
Mwahahahaha!

Tracy said...

That's cute! I've never actually read Harry Potter, but I love the idea that you chose to go a different route than what everyone else likely did. Everybody wants to be friends with the popular kids . . . but the smart people go after those they can turn into their minions. ;o)

Donna Hole said...

Minions rock!!

I picked Luna and Neville, but for the same basic reason; their loyalty to friends.

I enjoyed this lots.

......dhole

Bess Weatherby said...

Hanging out with the merfolk . . . of course!

Nas Dean said...

Fantastic! I enjoyed this.

Abby Minard said...

Hilarious!! Love it! I never thought of it that way but I'm sure it is nice to have "friends" who are dumber than you!

Carol Riggs said...

LOL--loyal friends, indeed! Now there's a unique choice, one I haven't seen yet. I didn't join this blogfest cuz I just did/am doing the Crusade, but I'm having fun seeing people's entries! :)

Marie Rearden said...

Delightfully wicked!

Some of us are leaders and some are followers. That's what makes the world go round, and I love that you're plotting to get the Marauder's Map from Fred and George. The Mer-people will LOVE that!

Thanks for sharing!

Marie at the Cheetah

Lori M. Lee said...

Haha, AWESOME! Owning your inner Slytherin :D

Carrie said...

Awesome! Everybody who's anybody needs some good minions!

Amie Kaufman said...

Who knew such wickedness lay beneath your sweet exterior? I love it!

The Golden Eagle said...

Crabbe and Goyle--I wouldn't have expected those two! Awesome choices, though. :D

Monica said...

You have a really great blog!! Found you from the A-Z Challenge, it sounds like it’s going to be so much fun and I can’t wait to get started!! I’m now following your blog on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog and maybe follow me back!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Susan Fobes said...

Well, you are the only Crab and Goyle of the bunch, but I'm the only Harry so nice to meet you! LOL! I really enjoyed your reasons and your writing.

Nicki Elson said...

Crabbe & Goyle?! That is indeed a surprising choice...ah, but you make an excellent case. ;)

Hey, I'll be seeing you during A to Z---it's gonna be nuts! (In a good way)

Deniz Bevan said...

Crabbe and Goyle?! That's funny though - it'd be neat to see what sorts of nefarious plans they help you carry out...