Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for FLOAT

How can I not take full advantage of this opportunity and introduce those of you who aren't familiar, to F.L.O.A.T.  ?



F.L.O.A.T. is FOR LOVE OF ALL TEENS

It's a pro self-esteem campaign encouraging teens and tweens to discover their self-worth and stick up for their friends. You can learn more about the mission and how you can put it into effect in your community by checking out the website at http://floatforteens.org

Help us grow! Help get the word about FLOAT out to others and across the internet. Promote the cause so teens know there is always hope, even when things seem at their worst. It only takes a few clicks:

"LIKE" the FLOAT page on Facebook by clicking here. Then suggest the page to everyone on your friend list. It's quick, easy, and painless, and can make a big difference.

And for some fun news, FLOAT the story will be available on eBook some time in May. It's the fictional story of eighteen year old Sterling Rose's struggle to overcome a life of being bullied and the new life she claims for herself in the search for her self-worth. It's a fun, uplifting story and all proceeds will go toward funding the FLOAT mission.


So look for it in late May! I'm sure I'll be posting on it again.

Thanks in advance for your support. And if you should feel so inclined, snag the Float balloon pic and post it on your website linked to the Facebook page. Should you feel you want to do more, check out the FLOAT website for details and contacts. There is always need for help with graphic designs and with local promotions, as well as internet promotions. Want to do something worthwhile and join this non-profit organization? We'd love to have you!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE, BABY!

21 comments:

Trisha said...

Great cause! I heard a really sad story about an Australian waitress who was bullied at work, not school, and was 19 - she committed suicide. So sad :(

welcome to my world of poetry said...

This is a great cause and a wonderful F word.

Yvonne.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Shall do that, PK.

Carrie said...

Great post! Bullying is a horrible problem that everybody needs to be more aware of.

salarsenッ said...

Could there really be any better use of the letter 'F'? Fantastic, PK. ((hugs))

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Kids can be so cruel. Bullying is just wrong.

Amie Kaufman said...

What a great post. My favourite F so far! I'll click through and learn more about it.

Old Kitty said...

What a lovely thing to do!! Yay!!!! Bullying must be stopped the sooner the better!!!

Take care
x

N. R. Williams said...

I have the ribbon before you all came up with the balloon. One of these days I'll go grab the balloon too.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

GigglesandGuns said...

I'll check this out. Bullying is everywhere -- even in preschool.

MaryV

kmckendry said...

This sounds like a great cause. I will check it out. Thanks for making us aware.

Ju Dimello said...

Thanks for the info! Will sure check it out.

Following you from A-Z challenge!

Bz said...

Thanks for the informative post! Nice to meet you through the A-Z challenge :) Thank you

RaShelle said...

Hi. What a great post. FLOAT sounds like a wonderful cause.

Jennifer Jackson said...

I have heard of FLOAT before. I just wish things like this existed when I was in high school!

Matthew Vanacore said...

What a tremendous cause to highlight! I don't know of any other better way to make use out of your "F" posting for the challenge. And nice blog!

ali said...

Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing this PK!

Melissa Bradley said...

As someone who was bullied, this is amazingly wonderful project. I look forward to the book. Awesome cause and great post for F.

Alison Stevens said...

What a wonderful cause! I don't understand why people bully. Do they feel so insecure they have to make others miserable to raise their estimation of themselves?

Michelle in a shell said...

OMG! Thank you for sharing the info about FLOAT! I can't believe I didn't know this. I'm definitely going to spread the word to my peers.

Noemi said...

This is fantastic. Unfortunately there are so many kids suffering and something has to be done. I didn't know about FLOAT. Thanks for sharing.