Friday, April 15, 2011

M is for ...

SO the lovely Wendy Tyler Ryan thought it would be fun to infuse a blogfest with the letter M day in the A to Z challenge. The idea:

Write a short flash fiction using the words: misty, mambo, moon, musk, mongrel, myth . It's supposed to "have a dark feel," but I went a different route by, feeling in the dark ...

Read mine, then check out the others from the link above.

   Beneath the misty moon, he takes my hand, guiding me to the courtyard where the quartet sings a melody so gentle, I feel like I''m floating.
   "Dancing by moonlight?" I ask, leaning closer and breathing in his delicious, rich musk. "Why I thought such rendezvous were only myth."
   "Quite wrong, my darling," he whispers at my ear, raising the hairs on my arm, sending chills down my spine.
   "You mongrel!" I tease. I smile, looking up through my lashes. "You must'nt fluster me so."
   "My darling," he says, "this is nothing. Just wait until we mambo ..."


LOL! Okay, that was the best I could come up with spur of the moment. Cause you know, I never prepare for these things. They're much more fun when written on a whim.

Thanks for reading! And thanks so much for stopping by. How's the A to Z challenge going for you? If you're not doing A to Z, have you been blogging more this month? I think we all deserve a week's vacation come May!

24 comments:

Ricky said...

Ha Ha. Well done.

I've been enjoying the A - Z.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Well done , enjoyed the read.

Yvonne,

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Oh nicely done: brilliant off-the-cuff post!

Rather sweet and romantic. ;)

best
F

salarsenッ said...

Hah! I loved this. Nicely done. Have a great weekend.

Old Kitty said...

Oooh very sexy and hot!! Loved it - especially for a Friday!! Yay!! Take care
x

fOIS In The City said...

"My darling," he says, "this is nothing. Just wait until we mambo ..."

Yes, let's do the cha, cha, cha.

Not bad for the spur :)

Not doing this, but I am enjoying yours. I am blogging the same three days a week.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Nicely done. A fun and romantic piece.

M.J. Fifield said...

A blogfest in a blogfest. I think my brain just exploded.

Loved the flash fiction though!

iZombie said...

marvelous and hot!
A to Z Blog Challenge Participant
Jeremy [iZombie]
izombielover.blogspot.com

Summer Ross said...

Very sweet story PK- I wish I knew a man who talked like that LOL

Heather M. Gardner said...

Nicely done. Sweet and sassy!
Thanks for sharing.
HMG

MJ said...

I like that you put your personal twist on it! Great use of the words!

T C Mckee said...

Ever so clever. I love it! The A to Z has definitely been a challenge for me. It happened to fall on the month we've been doing some home improvements. Yuck, so I feel like I'll never get to visit everyone. I think I've only got like, seven hundred more to go. No problem. Slumps in chair, sobs, throws self onto laptop.

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Nicely done! Short and sweet but I got the idea!

Catherine Denton said...

This was fun, PK!
My Blog

William Kendall said...

Well done, PK!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Very fun, it made me smile. Nicely done!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And she did it on her blog's anniversary as well! And I don't mambo, but I have a weird craving for a mango now...

Marsha A. Moore said...

A bit cheeky and sexy! A clever little piece!

Laura said...

nice cheeky flash there PK - brill :) I'm really enjoying the blogfest and meeting so many new people, my only regret is that I feel I've been missing out on my regular blog reads a little - ah well, will have to catch up with them in May
Lxxx

Josh Hoyt said...

That was great! I look forward to more of your work.

J.L. Campbell said...

Yup, these two are into each other.
As to the Challenge, I've gone with shorter posts these last few days so I spend less time preparing them.

Connie Arnold said...

That was a fun, romantic little interlude you provided!

Cally Jackson said...

Bahahaha. Love it! Great job. :-)