Monday, April 18, 2011

O is for Opportunity

And there are a few opportunities going on around the blogosphere:

If you write YA/MG, YAtopia is having a pitch contest with agent Natalie Fischer, who's currently closed to queries. Check it out here.

Gina Blechman is staring a new open critique forum on her blog, offering to critique story snippets, queries, and synopses each Friday. Find that here.

Carol Riggs does the same thing for YA / MG story excerpts , you can find here.

And talking about opportunities, the wonderful and inspiring Julie Musil just nabbed herself an agent!! Super excited for all the opportunities opening up for her! Julie is a wealth of info for writers. Stop by her blog and congratulate her here.

And I'm just sure there are plenty more opportunities out there, so please let me know in the comments! Any new opportunities fall in your path recently? Do tell ...

18 comments:

Cally Jackson said...

Ooh I get to post the first comment! :D

Chris Kelworth is looking at setting up critique exchanges for Crusaders. You can see more info at: http://kelworthfiles.wordpress.com/critiquing-crusaders/

Off to congratulate Julie now.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Will certainly go to some of these bust not miss oppourtunities,

Yvonne.

Old Kitty said...

Thank you for the links to all these marvelous opportunities!!

Yay for Julie Musil!! Fantastic news!! Take care
x

Tabitha Bird said...

They sound like awesome opportunities :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I love Carol's crits. She does an awesome job, especially since she's explains why things don't work and how to make it better.

I'm off to congratulate Julie now. :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a lot!

M.J. Fifield said...

There are so many great contests and opportunities out there right now. It's kind of crazy.

And congratulations to Julie! That's fantastic news.

Julie Musil said...

Oh my goodness, you are such a sweetheart. Thanks so much for the kind mention. I'm retweeting these opportunities now :D

Margo Berendsen said...

I didn't know about those opportunities with Gina's and Carol's blogs, but I did just hear Julie's news! Awesome!

Lindsay said...

Great links. Thank you! :)

Rachel Morgan said...

Ooh, that is great for Julie! Must go over and congratulate her :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Oh! And your blog is the feature for "P" on Tuesday!

fOIS In The City said...

Sent my congratulations to Julie and went to look at the "O"pportunity to have a critique of excerpts and such done on Kalidescope ...

I'd love to give you at least one heads-up as you have done for me ... when the time comes I will share. For now all I can say is thanks for the opportunity to learn more.

Milo James Fowler said...

A great use of "O" =]

Charmaine Clancy said...

Thanks for sharing these great links :)
Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers

kmckendry said...

Thanks for sharing these great opportunities! I'm off to check'em out.

Carol Riggs said...

How lovely of you to recommend my site. Thanks! I had missed reading this--must've been breezing thru my Google Reader too fast. Thanks for popping by and commenting on the excerpt on my blog! (did you know you have no email contact set up w/ your profile so I can't reply to you? FYI)

Happy week and weekend/Easter to ya!

buy steroids said...

Excellent new topics, always interesting to read articles that are relevant to the topic, thanks for all the great news and responses.