Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Meme and Winners!

Recently I  was tagged by Ms. Florence Fois of Ramblings From the Left  on her Meme post.

What is a Meme?

"Meme is for memory, which is part and parcel to life in cyberspace, the phenom of the blogfest, the rolling thunder of tweet and retweet and the inner workings of how something becomes Meme."




So I answer some questions, then it's YOUR turn. Either answer them in my comments or post on your own blog and link back here. Can't wait to read your answers. here's mine:


If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be? I'd probably be a kid again, like age 10 on a summer day in the pool with my brothers and just fully in the moment of swimming without a care in the world. Gosh darn those were good times.


If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be? I'd go back to my wedding day and stop mingling long enough to eat. No kidding. I missed out on all that catered food because I was too busy socializing and too excited to eat. We ended up raiding the vending machines at the hotel late that night because we were starving. lol


What movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality? Polly, from Along Came Polly. Remember that movie? Well, that's me. It's uncanny just how much that character is like me. 


If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be? Tough one. I don't wish death on anyone, but man, ask me when I'm driving in traffic and I may have a different answer. lol


Name one habit you want to change in yourself: I have this nasty habit of consuming mass amounts of dark chocolate when I'm bored at work. Need to nip that one in the bud.


Describe yourself in one word: dynamic


Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word: impressive


Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence: It started out as a requirement to building a platform, but now I love it so much, it's just good fun getting to know bloggers around the world who share my love of literature and life.


Enough about me, though. Let's hear it for the winners of my Spring Carnival Giveaway:


Seven random names:


LindsayWrites       The Wednesday Sisters    
Coreena McBurnie   Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
Megan McDade     Possession bookmark
SassySasha          Posession bookmark
Madison               Charlie Joe Jackson bookmark
Nadea Ruzman    Charlie Joe Jackson bookmark
'Anji Beane          Charlie Joe jackson bookmark


Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who participated! I even won a book myself on someone's blog at the carnival. Woohoo! Winners, I have your emails and will be in touch soon! 


Now, my lovely readers, how would you answer the above questions? Tell me here, or make a blog post out of it. You can even steal the meme kitty pic. :) 

24 comments:

Lazarus Lupin said...

memes are even more interesting as studied by scientists. The basics (and very basic at that I don't do windows or math) is that memes can be considered something like a "lifeform" they exist in the ecosystem of the internet and are subject to evolution. Who knows maybe someday the memes will be writing us.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Summer Ross said...

congrats to the winners! if I had to describe you in one word it would be: inspiring!

Have a great day!

Jill Kemerer said...

Dark chocolate never hurt anyone. At least I don't believe it did. :)

Kal said...

My answers are here in case you are interested. Good meme this week.

http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=2528812496347938474

McKenzie McCann said...

I have a habit of procrastination, like lots of writers do. I think it may be a requirement.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Congrats to the winners well done.

Yvonne.

Laura said...

Hi Pk - had a crack at the meme over at http://dailydodo.blogspot.com
really had fun with it - and feel like I know you way better from reading yours.
Congrats to your winners!
Lx

Old Kitty said...

Awww Meme Kitty is lovely!!!

Congratulations with being tagged!! Thanks for these fun answers! Sorry you missed your catered food at your wedding!! Oh dear!!!

Oooh Yay to the winners too!! Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your pushing someone off a cliff answer would be mine!

E.J. Wesley said...

I see traffic is a hot button around here ... s'OK, I hate other drivers too. :-)

BTW, just getting around to catching up on my blog comments and read yours about your male MC/possible reading exchange, etc. Would love to! Just shoot me an e-mail or message me on the WD site when your ready. I'm going to be fishing for beta readers for a current project soon, and would love to have your thoughts as well.

Also wanted to say 'thank you' for supporting my A-Z efforts last month. It was a grind, and the feedback really helped me see it through.

EJ

William Kendall said...

I'll have to remember this and come back to it...

As to the pushing someone off a cliff part, I can answer that straight off by saying it would have to be a certain idiot ex-brother in law.

Melissa said...

I have a problem with eating large amounts of chocolate too!!

I don't think I'd want to be a kid again -- I like making my own decisions far too much.

Nas Dean said...

Congratulations to the winners! And memes are so interesting...you're certainly a Dynamic!

Jules said...

No one has answered your questions :(
1. I'd go back and push the boy back who ruined my new pair of cool jeans.
2. I'd change nothing.
3. Izzy from fried green tomatoes or the lemur from Madagascar.
4. I agree with you.
5. Procrastination.
6. Renaissance
7. Older Renaissance.
8. I agree again.

Have a great week!
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

LTM said...

hey! I shared some of your answers, like the one about why blog and the one about the dark chocolate and the one about not eating at my wedding... I had some nice folks who were thoughtful enough to pack us "go" boxes~

But I still don't get it. What's a meme??? :D

CobraMisfit said...

"All your base are belong to us."

Happy Meme Monday and congrats to the winners.

Lisa Gail Green said...

Oh gosh, I love your answers, but my brain just isn't functional enough yet to think about myself. Need more coffee...

fOIS In The City said...

Hey PK, Ramblings thanks you for keeping this going. I can see Polly in your "facebook"picture and you are sooooo dynamic!!

Glad this has been fun ... congrats to all the winners and ...let's face it ... a little dark chocolate has been scientifically proven to improve your blood or your temperment or something that means ... it's good so enjoy without guilt :)

Jolene Perry said...

Yep - massive amounts of dark chocolate. Put in some spice or sea salt and I'm in love :D

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Love your answers (except for the one about the chocolate. Didn't you know dark chocolate's good for you. :D)

I've been doing revisions all day, so my brain's too fried to answer these. But I will answer the blogging question. I love blogging because I'm addicted to it, and I love all my blogging friends. :D

Susan Kane said...

Great answers...we were starving after our wedding, too. Went out from the hotel, ordered a large pepperoni pizza and some fried chicken. We were so hungry.

ali said...

What a fun meme! And that cat? How could he NOT be a poster kitty for all sorts of whacky one-liners?

And YES you ARE dynamic!

bfav said...

The Meme kitty has a hitler mustache. Love your answers. My husband and I also starved after our wedding. Was it that?

Josh Hoyt said...

Congrats to the winners. You know the part when you answered you wouldn't want to push anyone off the cliff well I think you had a Freudian slip when you said "oh man" lol. Great answers it was fun to get to know you better:)