Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Been Tagged! And Check Out This Op ....

My new bloggy friend, Deana Barnhart tagged me to answer some questions. She has a super cool blog with lots of great info. She's also hosting the query blogfest. You can find more info on the right. Check her out and follow her!

Below are my answers, but please read on for an excellent opportunity if you're in the querying phase or about to be soon.

1. DO YOU THINK YOU'RE HOT? Alright, well let's just say I wouldn't kick me outta bed. (lol)

2. UPLOAD A PICTURE OR WALLPAPER YOU'RE USING AT THE MOMENT:

I took this pic a few years ago. One of my fave places in the world, Kailua Bay on Oahu in Hawaii. Not far from where Magnum PI was taped. (Little secret: I have the hots for Magnum. I can simply hear the Magnum theme song and I get all flustered) Shhhhh

3. A SONG YOU LISTENED TO RECENTLY:  I've been listening to the BT Ima CD in my car. I know no one prolly knows who he is. He mixes and creates house tunes.

4. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU WERE DOING THIS? How much I love my blogging friends. :)

5. DO YOU HAVE NICKNAMES?  Obviously. I've been called PK since I was a baby. And of course every variation of that as well: Puck, Peekers, P dot K dot, PKayness, etc

6. TAG SOME FRIENDS:  Okay so if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged. Answer these questions on your own blog and let me know in the comments so I can check it out.

Now for this amazing opportunity. Have you heard of Pitch University? AKA Pitch U? I did a post on it a few weeks back. There's an op for June for romance and YA/MG writers, and it's coming up June 12-18. There will be 6 agents on the panel and you can either submit a pitch video via YouTube or an actual query. It's an excellent op for feedback, even if you don't get a request for pages. I did it in April and got personalized agent notes on my query for my WIP. That's the best part, even if your ms isn't finished, you can still play along.

It's free and the only catch is that you have to get  your pitch in before it fills up. So I'm giving it another go. How about you? Check out the deets here.

Also, if you didn't know already, Clarissa Draper does entire chapter critiques and posts them on her blog. I think I'm gonna sign up for this also. Find out more about this awesome free service here.

And last but not least, I wanted to thank my good friends, Donna Yates for awarding me the Laurel of Leaves. And also Norma Beisher for mentioning me in her blog the other day as well. These are amazing writerly women who you should be following if you get the chance. Thanks, ladies!

So what's your story? Are you in the pitching/query phase yet? If not, where are you at in your endeavors? 

21 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Unless you are a die hard hockey girl, I'm not calling you Puck!

William Kendall said...

Gretsky shoots the puck to Lemieux, Lemieux to Crosby... hey, wait a minute, these guys were never on the ice at the same time.

Jules said...

LOL, Alex is a hoot. House tunes, as in "Shake your money maker" house tunes? Because if so, I love me some house tunes. :)

BTW, I've been tagged by someone else just haven't gotten around to posting it yet. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

McKenzie McCann said...

Oh gosh, PK, I just couldn't get over your Magnum PI comment because Magnum PI was the nickname of my best friend's mother's boy toy a few years ago.

>.<

Rogue Mutt said...

I think I tagged you with the same thing about a week ago...

Kittie Howard said...

Ahhh, Kailua Bay - when hub and I were dating we, er, used to park the VW there --

Pleeeze, no Pucks -- if hub's not watching the Boston Red Sox, he's watching the Stanley Cup Finals - er, yep, you guessed it - opposites atract!

Monica B.W. said...

Great!! I love to know more about my Internet friends! And, like you, I love my blogging friends, too! :D

Pk Hrezo said...

@ Mckenzie That's so funny! I sometimes call my hubby Magnum.LOL

@Rogue Mutt Really? Darn I missed it! Sorry, bro. :(

@Kittie Lucky you! Perfect place to park!

@Jules I'm talking about disco style electronic bluesy trancy stuff.

@Alex I was thinkin more along lines from Shakespeare Puck. ;) But hey, it's all good.

@William I love you just emceed a hockey play on my blog. :)

@Monica *high fives* sister!

Sarah said...

Nice to know more about you! That beach is simply beautiful. And ... I'm past querying and in the purgatory of the submission process. Argh.

CobraMisfit said...

Nice post. It's always interesting to dig a little deeper with folks you follow on the Interweb. And you're right: I have no idea who BT Ima is, but good house tunes are always worth a listen, so I may check him out. As for bolded questions, I'm just dipping my toes in the Query Pool. So, we'll see.

Old Kitty said...

I love your nicknames!! Peekers!! LOL!!!

Yay for being tagged!! Take care
x

CobraMisfit said...

Oops, forgot to add that I answered your questions on my blog.

Yeesh, old age.

Laurel Garver said...

Loved the nicknames, so cute!

Good news for you over on my blog...come check it out!

kmckendry said...

I loved Magnum too! I actually wrote him fan mail trying to get on the show. Of course all I got was a postcard with him on it oh well.

Wow you always give us such great info! I will check them out and answer the questions but first I wanted to let you know that I gave you a "sweet" award today, so stop by and pick it up. :)

Meagan Spooner said...

Love reading these mini-interviews, it's so fun. And wow, what a GORGEOUS beach! I can see why it's your wallpaper. :P

Lynda R Young said...

I love your wallpaper. So gorgeous!

Leslie Rose said...

I was slow on the uptake about being tagged. Now I get it. Thanks for the help. I REALLY want to go to Hawaii looking at your picture with or without Magnum. Pitch University sounds tasty!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Great that you're doing another pitch! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. No matter what happens, it's only a matter of time.

DM said...

PK, please. I'm still in the rewrite phase. It's like a maze and I can't find my way out.

Good luck with your Pitch!

Anonymous said...

Those last days of school blues can only be matched by the sight of the camp bus leaving with the little darlings on board ... heading for eight weeks in the great outdoors ... hee hee hee :)

I'll check out "Save The Cat" Thanks.

Today I'm trying anon to see if I get through ??

HGH said...

Good site! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I'm wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made.