Monday, June 13, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Greetings, and welcome to another week. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the belly of a ship hunched over on a wooden bench with an oar in my hands and hearing the incessant dronings of a man with a whip yelling, " STROKE, STROKE!"

LOL! Oh the mundanes of Monday ....

Anyway, it's really not all that bad. I'm lucky to have a job, a family, a house, and a car. Because in this economy, all that is becoming a challenge for a lot of folks.

So here on my Miscellaneous Monday i just wanted to tell you about a couple of things:

1. Bloggerdise is a free site to advertise /promote your work, blog, product, whateves. Pretty cool too! You can check out all kinds of ads by clicking on pics. Took me all of five minutes to post an ad Here's the link: Bloggerdise.

2. In celebration of her recent signing with an agent, Natalie C. Parker is offering to critique the first 5k words of anyone's manuscript. For free. Yes, you read that correctly: ANYONE'S MANUSCRIPT FOR FREE! It's first come first serve, so don't be shy and hop on over to get instructions on how to submit to her.

3. I need some willing peeps who I can send F.L.O.A.T. postcards to. I'd like for them to be placed in local libraries or anywhere you think peeps will see them. I don't mean actually posting them to a wall, but just setting out on a counter or what not as you may do with business cards or coupons. You can use your discretion on where and how to use them . The postcards will be promoting the FLOAT story and teen self-esteem campaign. To learn more about the story click on the pic to the right, and or visit the FLOAT website.  If you'd be willing to help with this simple and painless task for a good deed, please email me at pakazo77@gmail.com. Support indie stories, promote literature, and encourage teen self-esteem.

Have any helpful links or info to share with me? If so please share and I'll add it to my Miscellaneous Monday post. How was your weekend??

22 comments:

Jess said...

Happy Monday~ thanks for the links!

D. U. Okonkwo said...

Awesome - thanks for sharing these! Will definitely check them out. Like the new look of your blog, too!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Have a good Monday some very useful links.

Yvonne.

Liz Fichera said...

Will definitely check out these links. Never heard of Bloggerdise. Cool!

Old Kitty said...

Have a great Monday to PK!! Thanks for all these useful links and goodluck with the FLOAT postcards!! Take care
x

Talli Roland said...

Happy Monday - looks like lots of good stuff going on. Good luck with FLOAT - it sounds like a great initiative.

Hart Johnson said...

Oi! And our car keeps trying to die... I keep hoping we will stay on that list of folks who are making it, but MAN, some days...

Great links, and I will give a shout about the postcards! our library does tons of teen stuff in the summer, so I am willing to bet they'd be willing.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't let them crack the whip on you!
I posted a couple news items today.

Anonymous said...

Hello PK... I am posting as an Anon, but you know this is Ramblingsfromtheleft, Florence.

Happy Monday and I love your post today. I will take down some of this and follow up. If I hear of anything I will send it along to you. Good luck with the "peeps" and Float ... it's a great project :)

Monica B.W. said...

Thanks for the links!
And I'd love to help with the postcards, but you know the libraries here all have Spanish books only, lol!
Good luck with FLOAT, though! :D

Jennifer Jackson said...

Excellent things you've alerted us to this Monday, Ms. PK!

Meagan Spooner said...

Cool ad! I actually saw it when I went to the Bloggerdise site, so it definitely stands out. Thanks for the link. :D

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Bloggerdise... that's a new one. Definitely have to check that out. Thanks for sharing!

Shari said...

Great links! Thanks. I am interested in the FLOAT cards. I'll e-mail you.

Kittie Howard said...

Great links, PK. I'd never heard of Bloggerdise. Thanks for sharing. And good luck with FLOAT.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Thank you so much for the great links. Best of luck with the F.L.O.A.T. campaign!
Edge of Your Seat Romance

T C Mckee said...

Well, you're so on top of things for a Monday, I can only wonder what Tuesday might conjure up. Paddle on, Friday will be here before you know it. Oh, and we are so blessed. I know too many who are struggling in these trying times.

erica and christy said...

Awesome, new links, PK. And I can't complain about my day since I'm off work for the summer.
erica

Barbara Kloss said...

Thanks for all the links!...and, consequently, filling whatever free time I have left :D

Hope you had a fabulous Monday and GUESS WHAT?!? It's Tuesday now for you! YOU MADE IT!

ali said...

Thanks for the links! AND send me your postcards, I'll pass 'em around! I need to read this story myself! Off to add it! (and you know my email, I think. :D)

Chuck said...

Happy Monday and thanks for visiting my blog. New post is up come and visit!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Thanks for the great links PK... I will definitely check them out. Have a great evening.