Today's blogfest is brought to you by Alex J. Cavanaugh, author of CassaStar and blogger extraoridnaire, because let's face it, the blogosphere essentially belongs to Alex, and we are merely his minions employed to do his bidding ... lol (just teasing, Alex, you know I <3 ya! )
This should be a blast with everyone's ideas of the worst films ever made. Can't wait to get around to read them all. Check my picks out, then head on over to HDQ at Alex's and peruse the many bloggers participating. Great way to make new bloggy friends.
On to my list.....
Please note* I don't wish to offend anyone. If any of these are your faves, my apologies. But film viewing is subjective. What works for you, may not work for me, and vice versa. ;)
(in no particular order)
1. Showgirls ** Saw this in the theatre and what can I say. Waste. Of. Time.
2. Mars Attacks ** What was it with this one? It had all these great actors in it, but gee whiz it just sucked.
3. Jaws 4 ** Okay, I'm a big killer shark attack fan. It fascinates me and I can sit and watch sharks on film all day. I'm a huge Jaws fan and love the first three, the original being the best, of course. The fourth one just had no story. The shark followed the family from New England down to the Bahamas on instinct? Come on.
4. Unbreakable ** I felt like this one was M. Night Shyamalan saying "I did good with The Sixth Sense, now look what else I can do!" And he fell flat on his face. I think he's got a great imagination, but this story, as well as some of his others *cough* Signs *cough*, just lack the right structure to make them work. We saw this in the theatre and were laughing in places that weren't supposed to be funny.
5. The Wolfman (most recent) ** Who doesn't love a good werewolf movie?? I'm a sucker for them and will never pass them up. Grew up watching werewolves and the scarier the better, but this one was such a let down. Not even scary. Just gory. It makes the list for sheer disappointment alone. I was psyched to see it, and I know it's a remake, but I left the theatre on opening night like a deflated balloon.
6. Body of Evidence ** Huge Madonna fan here. Love her music and style and hers is one of the best concerts I've ever been to. She was awesome in Evita, even Desperately Seeking Susan wasn't so bad, but this movie was such a Basic Instinct wanna-be. It was hard to digest. I was embarrassed for her.
7. Armageddon ** Okay, I know not everyone will agree with me on this one. My bro-in-law loves it and saw it in the theatre twice. I, on the other hand, almost walked out of the theatre I was so annoyed with it. Maybe because I saw Deep Impact first--which I thought was a way better story. But seeing Armageddon and it being so similar in concept, but so poorly executed, I wanted to ask the theatre for my money back after sitting through the travesty. And to make it worse, the Aerosmith theme song for that movie has got to be the worse Aerosmith song ever. Yeah yeah, I know Tyler's daughter was the main actress in the film and all and it's so sweet... blah blah blah. Both the film and the song are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
8. Glitter ** I didn't even see this one. But I'm gonna guess that it has to be one of the worst films ever made. The trailer was so bad, it said it all. What was Mariah thinking? The title alone is puke-worthy. Did she expect it to be some blockbuster?? Barf.
9. Beloved ** Oh my, Oprah. *shakes head* What a disaster. I love Oprah. I really wanted to like this movie because I admire her so much. Um, yeah, that didn't happen in the least. This movie was awful.
For extra credit, I took a poll on Facebook and here are the answers the crowd gave on their picks:
The Year of the Dog
Red Riding Hood
Remains of the Day
I haven't seen any of these. Good thing, I guess.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
What are your thoughts? Are any from my list on your own? Do you like any of these and able to show me the light? What do you think is the worst movie ever?