Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Halloween Costume

Hello, friends! As promised, here are the pictures from this year's Witch's Ball. Every year, two of my book club girls throw a ladies only costume themed witch's ball. This year the theme was black and white. We could pick anything at all that had to do with the colors black, white, or both. It was a stellar good time as always. And the costumes were as clever as ever!

Don't take my word for it, see for yourself ...


I went as the Black Swan. My girlfriend was going to be the White Swan and we were a team, but she got sick so I was on my own. Yes, I made my costume and did my own make-up. :)


This is me and my good friend, Phuong, who made the dress she's wearing entirely out of newspaper. Not only was it brilliant, but also appropriate for her since she used to be a newspaper reporter. I think she should go into fashion design!!

Isn't that awesome?? Look at the detail of the roses along the waist!

Michael Jackson was there ....

And Cruella Deville ....

The very original Tragedy Ann ...

The clever black & white film star....

The totally freaky zombie nuns....

A Twilight vampire...

The Corpse Bride ....

And of course, what would a black and white party be without the trophy wives?? Steph and Christie here brought their (blow-up) pro-basketball player hubbies and arrived all decked out in heels, hats, and bling. lol


Such good fun! Really sparked the Halloween spirit!

SO many awesome black & white ideas. How about you? What would you have picked if you were attending a black & white themed party?? Please share ....

29 comments:

Richard said...

The newspaper dress is amazing. She should try out for Project Runway.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

That newspaper dress is awesome! And yours is SO COOL!! :D You look great!

Isis Rushdan said...

Totally cool costume! You look amazing.

Lori M. Lee said...

You guys look awesome, and DANG your costume is amazing!!!

Sarah Pearson said...

Those costumes are fabulous! I think I would have gone as Morticia Addams :-)

Misha said...

Love your Black Swan dress! Awesome newspaper dress. :-)

No idea who I would have gone as. Hmm...

Jess said...

What a fun group! Love your black swan outfit, and I agree with everyone else--the newspaper dress is amazing! And those zombie nuns...*shudders*

Cynthia Lee said...

Wow. Those were terrific costumes! I wish I knew people who were willing to do Halloween like you and your friends.

Stacy Henrie said...

Love the costumes! That is some serious creativity going on. How long did it take to make that newspaper dress?

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, what fun! I love your costume--these are all great!

William Kendall said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun, PK!

Mohamed Mughal said...

Great job on the costume and make-up!

Christine Rains said...

Awesome costumes! The nuns scare me a little. I don't know what I'm going to dress as this year. Something child friendly as we're going to a party that will have children there.

Carol Riggs said...

You look great!! Super job on the makeup. And what a great variety of fun costumes! That's the best part of Halloween--dressing up. :)

Carla White said...

Wow those are impressive costumes - I used to write for a newspaper so that dress would be fab. Your makeup is so on point with the movie it's a bit ridiculous!! Love how creative some people got with the theme and didn't just take it literally with relation to the colours.

I love Halloween. I've always wanted to go as Edward Scissorhands so I think a black and white ball would be a perfect place for that.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your costume is awesome! Sorry your matching friend got sick.

Old Kitty said...

Yay!!! Awwwww great fabulous gorgeously freaky and utterly sublime black and white costumes! Brilliant!! Yay!!!

Take care
x

Laura said...

Very seriously kewl cozzies... I'd have gone as a penguin :)
Lx

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Wonderful post and pictures.

Yvonne.

McKenzie McCann said...

I love the pictures. That newspaper dress may have to be my favorite. It's a shame you couldn't have gotten any pictures of the Black and White Swans together. Those would have been cute.

Norma Beishir said...

Wow! Really cool costumes!

Melodie Wright said...

Very creative/awesome costumes. Love the newspaper one - and fortunately for the wearer, it wasn't raining or extremely windy that night! :)
And YOUR costume is amazing.

LTM said...

freakin awesome!!! I love your swan, and I really do like that newspaper costume! She's read all over. :D

We used to do this in SF... not sure if it'll happen this year! awww... ;p

DM said...

How fun! I loved looking at the pics. very creative.

cherie said...

How fun! And you absolutely look fabulous with your Black Swan costume!

kmckendry said...

Wow it looks like you ladies had a blast! I think I'd be a penguin in honor of my son's favorite animal!

Jeremy Bates said...

ha! all those costumes were great!

unikorna said...

I loved the Black swan makeup, it was interesting, mysterious and seductive.

Michael Di Gesu said...

What great costumes and pics! It looks like you all had a FIERCE time!

LOVE your black swan costume!