Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Open Minds

Happy book birthday to Susan Kaye Quinn! Today is the release of her young adult paranormal story, OPEN MINDS.


When everyone reads minds, a secret is a dangerous thing to keep.
Sixteen-year-old Kira Moore is a zero, someone who can’t read thoughts or be read by others. Zeros are outcasts who can’t be trusted, leaving her no chance with Raf, a regular mindreader and the best friend she secretly loves. When she accidentally controls Raf’s mind and nearly kills him, Kira tries to hide her frightening new ability from her family and an increasingly suspicious Raf. But lies tangle around her, and she’s dragged deep into a hidden world of mindjackers, where having to mind control everyone she loves is just the beginning of the deadly choices before her.

Open Minds (Book One of the Mindjack Trilogy) by Susan Kaye Quinn is available in e-book (Amazon US (also UKFrance and Germany)Barnes & Noble, Smashwords) and print (AmazonCreatespace, also autographed copies available from the author).

Doesn't it sound awesome! And YOU can help spread the word about OPEN MINDS and win ...
PRIZES!
Susan Kaye Quinn is giving away an Open Books/Open Minds t-shirt, mug, and some fun wristbands to celebrate theVirtual Launch Party of Open Minds (Book One of the Mindjack Trilogy)! (Check out the prizes here.)

Three ways to enter (you can have multiple entries):
1)      Leave a comment here or at the Virtual Launch Party post
2)      Tweet (with tag #keepingOPENMINDS)
Example: When everyone reads minds, a secret is a dangerous thing to keep. #keepingOPENMINDS @susankayequinn #SF #YA avail NOW http://bit.ly/SKQOpenMinds
Example: Celebrate the launch of OPEN MINDS by @susankayequinn #keepingOPENMINDS #SciFi #paranormal #YA avail NOWhttp://bit.ly/SKQOpenMinds

3)     Facebook (tag @AuthorSusanKayeQuinn)
Example: Celebrate the launch of paranormal/SF novel OPEN MINDS by @AuthorSusanKayeQuinn for a chance to win Open Books/Open Minds prizes!http://bit.ly/SKQOpenMinds  

Now how easy is that? Help support a fellow writer and author. Susan is a fabulous writer and she's doing this all on her own. She's a previously published author, but this time she's taking charge and self-pubbing! I think it's fantastic! Let's show her some book love!

What are your thoughts on self-pubbing and the eBook market? Ever thought of trying it? Or have you already? Please share....

14 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Been making my way round her guest posts. What a remarkable woman she is!

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

@Jessica Thanks for all your comments!

@PK Thanks so much for plugging the book on it's Birthday! :)

Old Kitty said...

Hooorah for Susan and her Open Minds!!! Wishing her lots of success and great times ahead! Yay! Take care
x

Stephen Tremp said...

I self pub because no agent or New Tour publisher picked me up. It works for me. The premise of Open Minds sounds awesome. Mindjackers. I love it!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah for Susan! Not entering to win, as I'll be buying this book.

DL Hammons said...

A very intriguing premise. I'll have to check this one out! :)

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Sounds interesting.

Yvonne.

Sarah Pearson said...

I have this on my tbr list. I love the twist on the usual mind reading thing :-)

Donna Hole said...

You get around Susan :) I've been enjoying your posts.

.....dhole

DM said...

This looks like a fun read. Cute story idea.

Rachel Morgan said...

Ooh, I love that term mindjackers! How clever! I must go check it out on Amazon...

William Kendall said...

I'm self publishing in the ebook market, and I like the independence of it. Somehow being beholden to marketing chimps isn't my idea of a swell time.

anabolic steroids said...

Excelent article . I completely agree with that.
A good site. My appreciation to you for you good efforts.

buying steroids said...

Wonderfully interesting blog post thanks for writing it
i just added your blog to my bookmarks and will check back often.