Thursday, November 17, 2011

What is Your Destiny?

Nope, not talking Star Wars here. I'm talking about Psyche. Who is Psyche you ask? She's the stunning new lead character in Jessie Harrell's debut young adult novel, DESTINED.


DESTINED debuts today. Happy Book Birthday, Jessie! Here's a bit about Destined:

When Psyche receives a prophecy gone horribly wrong, she learns that even the most beautiful girl in Greece can have a hideous future. Her fate? Fall in love with the one creature even the gods fear. 

As she feels herself slipping closer into the arms of the prophecy, Psyche must choose between the terrifyingly tender touch she feels almost powerless to resist and the one constant she's come to expect out of life: you cannot escape what is destined. 
Destined is a fresh and heartachingly romantic retelling of the Cupid & Psyche myth.




Doesn't it sound awesome?? Be sure to hop over to Good Choice Reading for details on prizes up for grabs.

You can buy your copy on Amazon here. And visit Jessie on her blog here and give her a shout out. Book birthdays are even more special than real birthdays. ;)

21 comments:

Carole Anne Carr said...

Sounds as though this will be very popular!

Jessica Bell said...

Congratulations, Jesse! I wish you lots of luck! :o)

Old Kitty said...

Ooooh sounds amazing!! Thanks for the info and link to this book - good luck Jessie Harrell! Take care
x

DL Hammons said...

What a beautiful cover and intriguing story. Best of luck Jesse!! :)

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Sounds like a best seller. enjoyed the review.

Yvonne.

Jessie Harrell said...

Thank you so much, PK, and everyone for the warm book birthday wishes. It's also my actual birthday, so a doubly special day for me. Hope everyone enjoys the novel!!

DM said...

It really does sound like a great read.

M Pax said...

It does sound awesome. Congrats to Jessie.

LTM said...

ooo, yes it does sound so good! Super congrats to Jessie. I can't wait to read this one~ :o) <3

Susan Kane said...

This should be a great read.

Good to see your name again, PK!

Julie said...

Um, yes it sounds awesome. And yes its going on the TO READ list. [Yay! Cheers!]

And by the way? AWESOME cover! Who says we don't judge a book by 'em?

Elisabeth Hirsch said...

I LOVE the irony in this that beauty doesn't always lead to happiness! It sounds awesome :0)

Anonymous said...

Here Florence is once again as "anon." Buggers to blogger :)

What I love most about your posts PK, is that I find new worlds to visit, new ways to push the envelope of my reading and new and wonderfl voices. And much to my pleasure, you've done it for me again. Thanks for Destined :)

Sarah Pearson said...

I love myth retellings and this one is on my list :-)

Julie said...

This sounds really good! Thanks for the heads-up, and congrats to Jessie!

farawayeyes said...

OH,I love mythology. I'll have to check it out.

I left you a 'Lovely Award' at my site.Go check it out.

Paul Tobin said...

Its an interesting premise, I think that stories based on mythology can resonate in all of us.

William Kendall said...

I always did like the Cupid and Psyche story....

The Happy Whisk said...

Happy Book Birthday, to your buddy. I almost wrote boob birthday, by mistake. That's be a different kind of party all together.

Much success to your friend.

steroids for sale said...

Excellent new topics, always interesting to read articles that are relevant to the topic, thanks for all the great news and responses.

dissertation help said...

well done, Jesse! I wish you lots of luck! :)

Ohh yes it sounds awesome!! Thanks for the info and link to this book - good luck Jessie Harrell!