Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sea Farms, Ice Clubs, Vine Fish ... Oh My!

Those are just a few reasons to check out Catherine Stine's new young adult thriller,

FIRESEED ONE




Isn't the cover gorgeous? This story is chock full of adventure and available now, just in time for the holidays. If you don't know Catherine Stine, hop over to her blog and congratulate her on her book's birthday. She's super sweet and talented. 


But first, check out this blurb on FireSeed One:


Fireseed One, a YA thriller, is set in a near-future world with soaring heat, toxic waters, tricked-out amphibious vehicles, ice-themed dance clubs and fish that grow up on vines. Varik Teitur inherits a vast sea farm after the mysterious death of his marine biologist father. When Marisa Baron, a beautiful and shrewd terrorist, who knows way too much about Varik's father's work, tries to steal seed disks from the world's food bank, Varik is forced to put his dreams of becoming a doctor on hold and venture with her, into a hot zone teeming with treacherous nomads and a cult who worships his dead father, in order to search for a magical hybrid plant that may not even exist. *With nine illustrations by the author.


Catherine's artwork is excellent. I think it's so cool when authors do their own illustrations. Do Catherine a favor and LIKE her Facebook page here. Just a quick click will take you there!


And check her out on GoodReads here


Of course, to purchase this book, you can do so on Amazon, and right now eBooks are on special price at $1.50 ... all you have to do is email Catherine directly at kitsy84557@gmail.com

For those who prefer iBooks for your iPads, iPhones, etc..... you can purchase a copy here.

I'm going to leave you with a brief excerpt from FireSeed One so you can get a good taste of all this book has to offer. But before I do, don't forget to hop over to Catherine's blog for her launch party loaded with fun and giveaways! She'll be there all day and the link is at the very top of this post.

From FireSeed One:

We anchor at SnowAngel Island, trek toward the center of town, and pile into L’Ongitude. It used to be a whale-blubber processing plant. Now it’s a club full of striking, well-heeled young people gyrating to Nu-Arctic beats. We flash the fake IDs that Audun lent us. Good light show. Snowflake and icicle shapes in silvery colors whirl across the walls and across peoples’ bodies. Swallowing a lump of envy, I glance at the couples, lucky enough to already be in college, who will soon be unfolding the fronds of their dream careers.
As I watch them, I suddenly get this awful vision of the world, in, say, three or four years. A world where we never found those agar seed disks and the food bank has dried up. It’s a world where these healthy, lively party-hounds are haggard and hungry, and no longer dancing. Where they’re on their bony hands and knees in their backyards, scratching for mushrooms and sinewy worms. I grab anxiously at a pile of pink-and-yellow agar-pastries that a L’Ongitude waitress is carrying, and stuff one in.
Shaking off the vision as I chew, I glance over at Marisa. She’s arching her brows at a girl’s skimpy garb. The girl ignores Marisa but her dance partner gives Marisa an appreciative once-over. Even though Marisa’s hair is hastily pinned up with strands that blew out from the wind, she stands out in this crowd because of her unusual Land-style suit—its long pants hugging her legs. Most girls on SnowAngel dress in short frocks with hike shorts.
Little does this guy ogling Marisa know that I hold her captive with an invisible fish-tracker; that without it, she’d escape in a hot minute. The irony of it makes me cringe. I don’t need to fish with virtual line to snag a girl, and she’s certainly not my girlfriend. Marisa’s keeping step with me, and after that first bold stare at the dancers, she bows her head when someone looks her way. Anxiety is practically sweating off her. Why does she hate crowds so much? Is she in hiding? If so, why?
Thanks so much for stopping by! Congrats to Catherine! And I won't be around for a few days while I snuggle up with the fam for the holidays, but I'm wishing all of you a very merry Christmas or whatever else you may celebrate! See you back here as we round at 2011 together. Tell me, what book would you most like to receive right now?
FA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA!

19 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Thanks for the extract and for the info on this exciting new book!!

Have a great holiday and Merry Christmas!! Take care
x

Grumpy Bulldog, Secret Agent said...

Wow, I should go build one of those book trees. Then at least they'd be doing something other than gathering dust.

Donna Yates said...

What an exceptional cover! It caught me eye right off! I love it. And it's a great read. Looks like I'll have to get this book. I love writers who come up with fresh, new stories.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's a really cool cover!

Christina Williams said...

That is a really nice cover. Oh and I love that book tree. Lol. I've seen pictures of those but never with lights on.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Enjoyed the info on the book, excellent cover.

Yvonne.

fOIS In The City said...

PK, only a book lover could end a year with another great book review or build a tree of books that light up her life!

You are a special and dear friend and I am always inspired and encouraged by your never-ending enthusiasm about our writerly life.

We will meet around the bend for a very exciting 2012. Until then, enjoy your family and have a Happy Holiday and New Year.

Stacy Henrie said...

I'll just take that stack in the picture! :)

LynNerdKelley said...

I love YA dystopian books! This one sounds really good! Love that book tree. That's the kind of Christmas tree I'd love to have!

Jay Noel said...

Merry Christmas to you!

And wow...she did her own cover? Amazing.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, PK! I love the book Christmas tree, Roland

Nancy Thompson said...

Happy holidays, PK!

Paul Tobin said...

This looks like a great book-will have to investigate it. have a cool yule.

William Kendall said...

That's definitely a book with some potential, and a very striking cover!

now why didn't I think of doing a book tree?

LTM said...

wow! Sounds very adventurous and cool! Thanks, P!

And here's wishing you all the best for the new year! ((hugs)) my friend~ <3

Melissa Bradley said...

Love that picture and this book sounds fantastic so I'm going to have to have it.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. And thank you so much for always being such a great supporter of my blog. You rock! I appreciate your kind comments and thoughts from the bottom of my heart.

Leslie Rose said...

Now this sounds like a world I want to dive into. The vine fish do kind of freak me out.

Injectable Steroids said...

Great post, what you said is really helpful to me. I can't agree with you anymore. I have been talking with my friend about, he though it is really interesting as well.

robi gaspar said...

join to coment
obat penyakit wasir tradisional