Thursday, January 12, 2012

Got YA??

Hey, y'all! If you write YA or MG like I do, here's your chance to pitch to two agents and an editor starting tomorrow and running through this weekend!

Head over to YALitChat and sign up. All you have to do is be a member (which is free at the first level) and post your 1-5 line pitch in the forum. Agents will be perusing the posts next week and leaving comments. If you're selected, you will win a full professional critique of your story. How cool is that??

YALitChat is a great place for YA/MG writers to connect and there are soooo many benefits. I'm one of the moderators over there and I post news articles on the blog there. If you need to brush up on how to pitch, check out the articles I've posted here and here.

Just to mention one of the many benefits of becoming a Tier 2 member, you can take part in the Agent Mailbox Submissions. There are currently 21 agents and editors at the Agent Mailbox panel and not only do you get a preferred submission (over the slush) by using the Mailbox, founder and freelance editor, Georgia McBride will critique your query and first 500 words before submitting .... for free.

So far, I've had 3 partials and 1 full request through Agent Mailbox.

Come join the fun and become a part of this awesome writing community.

I'll be posting my pitch there tomorrow. See you there! 

26 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Those are great opportunities for someone!

Matthew MacNish said...

That's very cool. I won't be entering, but best of luck to all who do!

Old Kitty said...

Looks like you're having a blast over there PK!! Good for you! Yay! Take care
x

Miranda Hardy said...

I'm a member, but not tier 2, yet. I'll check it out soon.

Colene Murphy said...

Very cool. Thanks for the heads up PK!

Christine Rains said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, PK...

HOW COOL IS THIS!!! I am so heading over there!

How are you?

I was thinking of you today. I will be leaving for Florida in a few weeks and is snowing up a storm here in Chicago.

I must admit it is beautiful!!!!!

I haven't posted today yet, but I will do a quick post because EVERY y/a author she read your post!

I hope to see you when I'm down there....

DL Hammons said...

*Sigh*

Why isn't the Mystery genre as active this way?

*Deeper sigh*

Li said...

Sadly, I have no YA. I will, however, tweet this out for you!!

tfwalsh said...

Congrats on the requests... that is awesome. I'm thinking once I have my YA novel ready for querying, I'll be joining tier 2:)

Nicole Zoltack said...

I plan on pitching tomorrow!

erica and christy said...

Thanks, PK! christy

fOIS In The City said...

PK, as always, this post is great. I am amazed at the strong support of the MG/YA community has ... though the many blog fests and links from you and so many others, the opportunities are truly a gift.
Makes me want to write YA ... NOT.

Okay, this non-PG rated person thinks this network is too cool. Good luck to all who participate in the Agent Mailbox :)

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Sounds intriguing. But since THE LEGEND OF VICTOR STANDISH & LOVE LIKE DEATH (and their sequels are already Kindle published, I am out of the running.)

It's great of you to do this for your friends, Roland

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Interesting to read,

Yvonne.

T.D. McFrost said...

This is amazing! Count me in!

Donna Yates said...

I don't write YA, but this is so nice of you to do.

Johanna Garth said...

Cool opportunity. I'll have to check it out! New follower from Michael's blog.

Jen Daiker said...

What an amazing opportunity! How sweet of you to give us the scoop! Good luck to all who enter!

Trisha said...

What a fabulous opportunity! Thanks for the heads up PK :)

J. A. Bennett said...

Wow! Thanks for mentioning this, so cool!

Lynda R Young said...

This is a great opportunity. Thanks for letting us know!

SA Larsenッ said...

You know I bleed YAlitchat! Best thing that ever happened to me!! So glad you've joined our humble board group.

Have a great weekend!

Leslie Rose said...

Thanks for the info. I haven't taken the plunge yet, but this makes me want to .

Deana said...

Bummer I missed this one:( Still, the site sounds great, so I think I need to head over and join. Thanks PK:)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Thanks for the breakdown on the agent mailbox at the site. I'm a level 1 member, and haven't been very active because I haven't finished a ya. I didn't realize that mg was something that was accepted there. Thanks!!!!