Friday, June 15, 2012

Be Here Now

Hey all! I"m still making my rounds visiting blogs, but I wanted to let you know about this golden opportunity and super important cause.

Thanks to Marsha Sigman for posting about it. Be Here Now is a special project documenting the late actor Andy Whitman's battle with cancer... and how tragically he lost it. The project had to come to a halt since they're in need of funds, so Andy's fans around the world are pulling together to raise money for this documentary to be completed and helping to fund a continued search for the cure.

How does this affect you, as a writer? Well Kathy Bradey over at Once Upon A Time in Writerland is holding a critique auction. You can bid on a variety of critiques here by professionals and agented authors.

Check out the link above and find out how you can help, and/or be helped for this worthy cause.

I'll be at SCBWI regionals all day tomorrow and I'll be back Monday with all the good info. So please check back for that.

Have an outstanding weekend!

                                                                        RIP Andy Whitman

17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I read about the struggle to fund this project yesterday. Hope they raise enough to make it happen.

SA Larsenッ said...

I just heard about Kathy's auction. Great, great cause. Thanks for sharing the link.

E.J. Wesley said...

Very cool! Sounds like a worthwhile endeavor for sure.

Danielle B. said...

Gawd I loved him on Spartacus! The new guy doesn't do it justice. Andy was really a talented actor! He will be missed.

Great auction and thanks for sharing.

Old Kitty said...

The power of fans!! Andy Whitman was totally a fabulous creative man. Take care
x

Jackie said...

What a great idea in his honor...such a beautiful soul. He's dearly missed.

Michael Di Gesu said...

How sad that this KILLER hasn't been brought to justice yet. So many wonderful, talented, and special people are losing the battle.

When will they the cure be released? There MUST be one by now. This is a Zillion dollar industry and we all know there is a cure!

SO looking forward to seeing you tomorrow sweets!

Let me know when you are through with the conference. I will be in Downtown Disney waiting for your call.

Donna Yates said...

The critique auction is an awesome idea. Thanks for telling us about this.

Cally Jackson said...

Such a great idea. I hope the auction is very successful.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

The big C is a devastating illness, I lost my husband who had it twice, I have a great fear especially as I had pre cancerous cells removed last year and abnormal ones have returned again. to say I am frightened is an understatement,

Thanks for your visit.
Yvonne.

jamieayres said...

Thanks for sharing? Where's your conference? I think there's a SCBWI one in Orlando this weekend-wish I could go!

Savannah Chase said...

Heard about this last week. Oh he will truly be missed. I hope they get enough money to finish the project. Such an amazing cause.

Stephen Tremp said...

I hope this cause gets the exposure and funding it needs! Wifey and I have a couple causes we support. I think its important to support something worthwhile.

William Kendall said...

Sounds like a good cause. I hope it works for them.

Tanya Reimer said...

Wow what a great idea. Thanks for letting us know this!

Ella said...

I hope it happens! It is tragic how someone so talented lost his life, too soon~

LTM said...

Oh! Was that the actor who was the original Spartacus? Is it OK to say he was hot? (why do I feel like that's being in appropriate?)

Here's hoping them all the best w/the fundraising! Hope you're doing well! <3