Last week the fam and I flew to Hawaii and enjoyed the beautiful beaches and perfect weather of Oahu. I'll have some pics to share with my next post, but today I wanted to be a part of my friend and fellow YALITCHAT staff member, LM Preston's, cover reveal:
Here's a brief blurb about The Pack:
Shamira is considered an outcast by most, but little do they know that she is on a mission. Kids on Mars are disappearing, but Shamira decides to use the criminals most unlikely weapons against them the very kids of which they have captured. In order to succeed, she is forced to trust another, something she is afraid to do. However, Valens, her connection to the underworld of her enemy, proves to be a useful ally. Time is slipping, and so is her control on the power that resides within her. But in order to save her brother's life, she is willing to risk it all.
Praise for The Pack:
- I was most impressed by the author's world building abilities. Mars felt real right from the beginning. I gave it to one of my sons to read. lHe did tell me that "the fighting moves were interesting" and he thought "her sword and weapons were cool.".~By Kristien Howell
- A treasure for scifi readers ~ Midwest Reviews
- This sci-fi for YA jets along, full of action and humor and pathos and even a bit of romance. ~Darby Karchut
She slowed when she approached the house, and the dust and dirt of Mars kicked up when she skidded to a stop at the front door. She took a whiff. Spaghetti. Mom must have had a good day today. Her mom only made spaghetti on the good days. The days that Shamira wasn’t home to start dinner, her mom always cooked. On the bad days, her mom would order takeout. The pizza delivery driver knew them pretty well, since most days lately were bad ones. Also, lately Shamira was always late.
Doesn't it sound awesome?? Now here's where you can grab a copy:
BARNES & NOBLE
And you can find LM Preston on her website, at her blog, on Twitter, and Facebook.
You may've noticed my post title today included a Best Feeling Top 10 mention. What is that, you ask? Well, allow me to elucidate ....
Hubby and I have a list going of the Top Ten Best Feelings in the world. And I'm asking you what you're thoughts are. Only PG answers, please. ;) I'll compile an official list later and post that. Here are a few of ours ....
* Sliding into clean sheets after a shower/bath
* Jumping into cool water when you're sweaty hot
* Soft breeze across your face on a warm sunny day
* Warming your hands by a fire after coming in from the snow
* Brand new baby laying across your chest
* Getting off work for the weekend
* Coming home from a long trip
Your turn! And don't forget to drop by LM's! :)