Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween & the Witches Ball

The next few days there's a Halloween bloghop going on, hosted by Jeremy Bates. Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, I missed the first day yesterday. As you can imagine, there are hundreds of canceled flights and passengers missing everything from honeymoons, to cruises, to bar mitzvahs. Always breaks my heart a little. Right now work is just nuts. If you're bracing for the storm, stay safe!!

Makes me super glad I got back from Oregon when I did. (I'll be sharing pics on that soon!)

Anyway, back to  the bloghop .... Click on the pic below to get to HDQ and check out the other bloggers. We're talking about Halloween and scariest book and/or monster. But first! check out my post and my costume pics below ...


So I've mentioned before that werewolves were what scared the *bleep* outta me when I was a kid. As far as scary books go, I really found Stephen King's "It" to be immensely creepy. I think because he was genius enough to use a clown. I've always hated clowns (sorry clowns!)  They're supposed to be funny, but they've always creeped me out. I never wanted them to come near me when I was a kid.

But hey, this is coming from the little girl who hated visiting Santa too. lol The thought of sitting on some strange old man's lap really repulsed me. So I think I did it maybe once as a child and refused to ever do it again. I know, I'm mental .....

Which is a perfect segue into my Halloween costume for the annual witches ball!

This year's theme was "Alter Ego." I really could've used a lot of ideas for this, but I went with funny. I give you ....


Yep, that's me! Mental Patient Miss Piggy. lol  I wore a bathrobe and slippers, and of course the Piggy get up. Okay, so why Mental Patient Miss Piggy, you ask?? Well, I'm a little bit crazy. And as  I get older, the more I realize just how crazy I am. The idea of living in an institution in my bathrobe with medicine dosage and no responsibilities but working jigsaw puzzles, really enchants me. LOL

And Miss Piggy because for one, I do love food. And for two, I've been known to have Miss Piggy rages at certain times of the month. ;) And I've just always loved how the real Miss Piggy embraced who she was. (albeit a muppet) lol

Here are some more pics of the party and costumes:

                       Martha Stewart in prison clothes, Evil Queen, Little Red Riding Hood

                                                           Gold Digger and Cat Woman

                                                                Cruella DeVille

                                               
                                                 Super WOMBan and Suzie Homemaker

                                                                      Super Mom


                                                        Super Mom and Psycho Pig

                                           
                                                        Now for the fun treats!

                                                         
                              Kitty Litter Cake (tasted yummy but hard to overlook the obvious. lol)

                                                   Mini- mummies (pigs in blankets)


                                            Jack o'lantern puking cabbage salad


                                                 Fruit cocktail floating head


                                    The sign says "Men Cooking" with body parts in the pot. lol


One of the party favors: cookie that looks like melted witch with a hat and broomstick.

These party hostesses go all out with the favors and decorations and it's always a blast. It's a group of girls that I graduated high school with twenty years ago. (Wow, I'm old) And we're just now entering a 40th year of life together. (I turn 39 next month)

Anyway, my apologies if I've been behind in blog visits. I'm still trying to catch up from vacation. Wishing everyone a spooky Halloween! Are you dressing up? Have you already? Please share your costume and/or spookiest Halloween memory or monster in the comments!

34 comments:

Mark K said...

Amazing stuff! That kitty litter cake looked too realistic for my liking, speaking as a owner of two cats! You look adorable a Miss Piggy... and no, that's not an insult :)

Such an amazing amount of effort. Thank you for sharing, and apologies for being absent from your blog ;)

Mark K said...

PS: your blog is now looking very 'Hollywood'. ;)

Old Kitty said...

LOL!!!! The food is amazing!! Kitty Litter and Pumpkin puking are the best!!! LOL!! Brilliant!

Miss Piggy is an icon!! You all look super duper!

Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mental Miss Piggy! That is funny.
Glad you returned from Oregon on time.

SA Larsenッ said...

Haha! I love your alter ego!!! That is pig-perfect! Thanks for sharing these fine photos. Looks like lots of fun was had.

Jess said...

Hahaha cute!!! Love the costume!!

This year, I think I'm officially doing "nothing" for Halloween. It's going to be fun :)

Have a nice day!

Suzi said...

I haven't been to a halloween party forever. What fun.

So what is the kitty litter cake? Can't tell from the picture. What's the topping that looks like kitty litter? And what are the poops made from? That might be fun to make for kids.

M.J. Fifield said...

Yeah... that kitty litter cake is waaaaay to realistic looking.

Love the costume though. I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was a senior in high school.

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, I love it! I remember your party with these ladies last year, too, I think. Love your costume! They'd probably have more trouble with my naked alter-ego...

LTM said...

omg! great shots, and what a FUN party!!! I have to confess, I find ALL Stephen King scary, so I've never read IT. But I'm also freaked out by clowns, so double-whammy.

And girl! You should see the pix of me screaming on Santa's lap... LOL! That's such a mean trick to pull on a kid. Big man in red yelling HO HO HO at them... *snort*

Love your Ms. Piggy, dahling~ ;o) <3

J. A. Bennett said...

That looks so fun and you look fab!

Sherry Ellis said...

That looked like so much fun! I love the costume!

Glad you got back before the hurricane hit!

Johanna Garth said...

The costumes and treats are adorable, but I might have to take a pass on the Kitty Litter Cake.

Jeremy Bates said...

Great pics! Another good thing about mental institutions is you can read the newspaper while eating little cups of ice cream with a wooden spoon while commenting about how crazy everyone is.

The Kitty Litter cake is the bomb(s)!

This looks like it was a fun party.

Thanks for joining the blog hop.

Cheers.

James Garcia Jr. said...

LMAO!
Hey, PK. That was the most hilarious post ever! That food was incredible. I have a cat, so you can well imagine my reluctance to having a piece of that cake! So funny! Hats off to you ladies!
I can't say much about neglecting blog visits. I just climbed out of my writer's cave where I had been stuck, trying to get my newest novel finished. Thankfully that's over. I missed you guys!!
Have a great week. I'll be back for a second visit when my wife gets home from work. She's really got to see this!

-Jimmy

Tara Tyler said...

i miss my fun, dressing up friends! (i moved too much!)
thanks for those great pics & making me dig up some fond memories!

fOIS In The City said...

PK, sorry for the over-work due to Sandy. One of my kids is caught up in the mess in NYC. Keep your "spirits" high (sorry for the pun) ... I love these pics almost as much as last year ... maybe more. Miss Piggy is the bomb and her as a mental patient is so over the top. Glad to see you back again :)

Carrie-Anne said...

That looks like an awesome party! Halloween is my favoritest holiday, and it's even more fun as a grownup. I don't really dress up unless I go to a party, and I don't have a party to go to this year.

I've always remembered a Halloween-type game that got me and my best friend in some trouble from her mom. It was called Dead Man's Buff, and we'd be blindfolded as we felt various "body parts," like peeled grapes for eyes and Jello for the liver. Her mom got pretty miffed when she discovered one of the body parts was a water balloon representing a personal part!

Norma Beishir said...

I LOVE Mental Patient Miss Piggy!

jamieayres.com said...

What a hoot! I saw the recipe for that kitty litter cake in the back of a book I read to my students last year . . . the MC in the story served it at his bday party,lol. HaPPy*HallowEEn!!

Jackie said...

Your costume is adorable! And love the fun snacks!!!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Love your costume and all your pictures! Those were some creative decorations and treats!

Teresa Coltrin@Journaling Woman said...

Love those costumes. I can't eat the kitty litter desert. Can't. :)

michelle said...

The pics are great, especially those imaginative "designer snacks"...
It looks like you had loads of fun!

Christine Rains said...

*LOL* Great costumes and treats! I laughed so hard at the "Men Cooking" one. Brilliant! I think it's funny we teach our kids to be afraid of strangers and then expect them to sit on some weird old man's lap once a year usually for a photo op! Happy Halloween!

S. L. Hennessy said...

Another Stephen King fan - NICE. Those are some awesome picks.

Happy Halloween!

Susan Oloier said...

I love the photos! What an awesome costume, too!
My older son is afraid of clowns, too. In fact, he told me yesterday that the kid with the scariest costume in his class was the one wearing the clown suit.

cleemckenzie said...

Loved the costumes! Miss Piggy was delightful. I showed my witchy side this year. According to some disgruntled family members, that's my only side. Oh well, can't make everyone happy!

cleemckenzie said...

Loved the costumes! Miss Piggy was delightful. I showed my witchy side this year. According to some disgruntled family members, that's my only side. Oh well, can't make everyone happy!

Suzanne Furness said...

What a menu! Think I'll pass on the kitty litter cake though lol!
New follower here it's nice to meet you :)

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Your psycho pig costume is perfect. I'm sure Miss Piggy would have approved. Looks like you all had a fun time.

Cally Jackson said...

Love those photos! Stephen King's IT freaked me out when I was young too. The first half of the story is totally freaky, but the second half becomes a bit laughable. That's what 14-yr-old Cally thought, anyway. :-)

William Kendall said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun, PK!

The Happy Whisk said...

Fantastic Miss Piggy.