Friday, November 16, 2012

I Miss You

Greetings and happy Friday! Today is the I Miss You blogfest, hosted by Alex, Andrew, and Matt, where bloggers around the sphere are posting about bloggers they miss, and bloggers they would miss if they weren't around anymore.


It's a great chance to let your fellow bloggers/followers know how much they mean to you. That's why this blogoshpere is so awesome. So many genuine, caring peeps. And I'd miss all of you for sure, if you weren't around. Without you, my readers and commentors, this would all be in vain. So if you're reading this right now, THANK YOU! For being here, being my friend, and sharing life's journey. :D

A lot of bloggers seem to come and go, and a few that I visited when I was brand new to the scene aren't around anymore. Let's face it, it's impossible to get around to every blog every time, and it's understandable that some followers who used to be regulars with visits and comments, no longer are from life's other demands, or because they connect better with others and time is limited.

But without a doubt, there are two bloggers who never fail to visit me and comment, even though I fall behind and it takes me a few days to return the visit sometimes .... and if they disappeared, well I might have to have a good blubbering cry over it.

And they, of course, are Alex J. Cavanaugh and Old Kitty. I have a feeling they'll be mentioned quite a bit today, and it's no mystery why they're both so popular. Both are a perfect example of what good blogging is all about, and if either of them were to stop blogging/following, I'd feel the loss for sure.

And here are two bloggers I met in the very beginning, when my blog was just a fledgling, and they've let me grow alongside them with open arms. I'd miss them terribly if they ever disappeared: Leigh T. Moore and SA Larsen. They both stay loyal to their visits, despite their growing successes.

And you know, while I'm at it, I'm just gonna point a finger at DL Hammons because his awesomesauce Write Club is leaving him little time to visit blogs, and well, I kinda miss him. But I think we can all understand how busy he his, so you're excused, Mr. Hammons. Have yall checked out Write Club yet? Do it.

You know, blogging is so much fun and such a great way to connect. I've been able to meet a few in person already, Michael Di Gesu, Jen Daiker, Becca Puglisi, and just last month I met Carol Riggs and Victoria Lindstrom and McKenzie McCann in Oregon. I can't wait to meet more of you!

When is that worldwide blogger's con happening anyway? Let's all go! Maybe we should make it a cruise and all wear roller skates. :D

The bloggers I mentioned above are just a few, but truth is, I'd miss all of you, and I do miss you when you when you're absent. I know I'm bad about visits too. Sometimes it's all I can do to keep up. But if you're reading this right now, you're important to me, so thank you.

Are you participating in this blogfest? Is there a blogger you used to visit that's disappeared? Do you think it's important to let your followers know what they mean to you? Please share ...   

31 comments:

S.P. Bowers said...

Great bloggers! I do miss Mr Hannons, but his write club is rocking and I'm sure taking up so much time. He's amazing.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thank you, Pk! Old Kitty is awesome. I'd miss her witty comments as well. And it has been empty without DL all over the blogging world, but he has been busy.
Thanks for participating in our blogfest!

SA Larsenッ said...

Aw, thank you!! I'd so miss you too, if you ever went away. And I agree with you about Leigh. She's just so wonderful. Each time I stop at her site I learn something new and smile.

Suzi said...

Just recently I had someone send me an e-mail with a question. She'd never commented on my blog, but she said she'd been lurking. And then she gave me some nice compliments. I thought that was so cool. Made my day.

It'd be nice to do the same thing for someone else. There are some blogs I read, but don't comment much. Feels intimidating. But they're great blogs and we should let them know that sometimes.

Shelly said...

Its very important to let peeps know they're appreciated and missed. Its all a part of the moral support we give each other in our writing endeavors.

And I did not participate in this hop only because I've been caring for my grandson while my daughter deals with some issues.

However, I did succeed in finishing the book format for Secondhand Shoes.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

kmckendry said...

I miss DL too!

I miss getting a chance to visit everyone! Now that I'm really trying to work on my own novel and get it completed it seems I've had to spend less time blogging.

I'd love to go on a roller skating cruise, though if we hit rough seas it would be pretty funny! I

Karen Walker said...

Not participating cause I'm leaving town, but it's a wonderful idea. I'd miss you, Pk.
Karen

Suzanne Furness said...

Some more awesome bloggers mentioned here :)

cleemckenzie said...

I love Alex and Old Kitty! They have such great blog posts that are as unique as they are!

Carrie-Anne said...

One of the bloggers I miss (and forgot to mention in my post!) is Nice Jewish Girl, who has a blog called Shomer Negiah. Her posts tend to be very long, but they're all so heartfelt, and really express the pain of not being married and still being a virgin at a time when most of her peers have numerous children.

Michael Offutt, Speculative Fiction Author said...

I think Alex is getting mentioned a hundred million times today.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, PK...

SURPRISE! Geez, it's been AGES... Thanks for mentioning me. I haven't been around either. Time is SOOOO limited.

I think of you often. How your the Chicago story coming along?

I started a film noir novella set in 1940's Chicago, so I am having fun researching like mad. LOL.

Also been busy with a remodel in my condo... Drop by if you get a chance I have a cool new works space and I posted PICS!

Of course I am part of this blogfest. How can I not be?

I hope all is well and drop me a line sometime. I miss you!

Sherry Ellis said...

Great bloggers! Alex is getting a lot of love!

Nancy Thompson said...

Oh yes, I've got Alex, too. And I love Old Kitty! We share so many friends. I haven't been to McKenzie's in a while.

Tamara said...

I had never heard of Old Kitty--but I went and followed her site once i checked it out. :)thanks for the link. I also voted at DL Hammonds site (another one I'd never been to before today)

Everyone has Alex listed--cause he is awesome!! ;)

Roger Lawrence said...

I try very hard to visit all my favourite blogs. Alas it's mostly when my writers block comes a calling.

Livia said...

I would miss Alex, too! Absolutely love his blog and love him as a person! Alex is a given...no doubt about it.

Great choices! :)

Matthew MacNish said...

Did you completely change your look? Gawd, I haven't been here in ages. So sorry. Anyway, your blog looks awesome, PK! Thanks for taking part.

The Golden Eagle said...

I mentioned Old Kitty in my post as well. She's a wonderful blogger. :)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I have to go check out Old Kitty...what a cool name!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi PK .. so many good blogs around us .. and so difficult to decide - so pleased you picked Old Kitty - she's had a few mentions ...

I know a few of your others .. but don't regularly stay in contact - as with you ... such is life I guess ..

Cheers Hilary

Barbara Watson said...

These are fun posts. And you're right. I have blogging friends who understand the writing part of me in a whole different way than my face-to-face friends.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Great choices. I actually know some of these. And I love your blog. It's so happy here.

jamieayres.com said...

Always good to let people know they're appreciated:-) I'd miss your blog terribly if it ever went away!

Ella said...

You have a great list! I love your idea PK of rollerskates! How fun would that be-count me in, lol!

Wow, you have met so many! There must be an award for that ;D

The Happy Whisk said...

Great that you've got to meet bloggers in person. My husband has met a few and it's a great deal of fun.

Cheers and boogie boogie.

fOIS In The City said...

PK, I know I'd miss you if you vanished into cyber space :) I love that you link to so many other great blogs we don't have to miss!!

Trisha said...

I've noticed DL's absence too. You mentioned some great bloggers I know and at least one that I didn't :)

William Kendall said...

Alex will be getting a lot of mentions!

And Old Kitty's a terrific blogger!

Donna Yates said...

Nice post. I love to hear how we all meet each other on line.

LTM said...

Oh, no! And then I sort of disappeared, didn't I? LOL! I have an explanation!!! I was out of town for a week in the WOODS, girrrl! I had spotty Internet at best, and talk about a challenge.

I'd miss YOU, too! :o) <3