Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Help the Elf

Hey there! I feel like I'm surfacing from the depths right now. I've been so consumed with revisions that I have barely been around. And of course, after the tragedy from last Friday, been hugging my kids tighter and appreciating the little things more.

Been an emotionally taxing week.

So what better way to cheer our spirits then a do-something-for-others blogfest! Becca Puglisi and Angela Ackerman from The Bookshelf Muse are hosting, and they always have such generous spirits. Love those ladies! If you don't already know the awesome that is The Bookshelf Muse, check them out!


Have you met Pete the Elf? Well, he had too much eggnog and lost Santa's nice list. *gasp*
Lucky for him, bloggers everywhere are working to help Pete out by recognizing the nice folks out there and offering a little treat.

What nice person am I recognizing today??

YOU

Ho Ho Ho!! You're all always so supportive and encouraging, I wanted to give back to the writing community by offering my complimentary services. Do you have a query you'd liked critiqued? Or maybe the first 500 words of your story? You know ABNA is coming up, so get those manuscripts polished and ready! Or maybe you're entering the query fray for the first time and need another pair of eyes on your pitch. Whatever the reason, I'm here for YOU!

Starting today until Sunday, you can email your query, or first 500, or pitch to me at pakazo77@gmail.com, and I will give you a free critique! Why would you care about MY opinion? Well, I've seen a LOT of queries, pitches, and opening paragraphs and I know what works and what doesn't. Also, I'm part of the review committee at YALITCHAT.ORG that selects the best monthly submissions to move on to the agent panel.

Never hurts to have another pair of eyes on your work. Say you're an indie publisher? No problem! You still need a book blurb to sell your book. Need another opinion on it? Send that my way and I'll be happy to critique. And don't be scared. I'm a firm believer in the sandwich method and I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of girl. :)

But the offer only lasts til this Sunday! So take advantage and send me what you've got. My treat to you, and to Pete the Elf. :D

Happy Holidays!

41 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wonderful offer, Pk!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Pk! What a generous offer! Cool book tree. : )

Al Diaz said...

Great kind offer and I simply adore your book tree! I'll try that next year. :D Merry christmas!

Tara Tyler said...

you are ridiculously generous!
must accept this generous gift!

Tara Tyler said...

did i say thanks for your generosity? ha!

Suzi said...

How generous. I wish I had something to send right now. Everything is rough and my other is being queried. (And I'm tired of revising that. :) )

Love the book tree. I've been seeing them all over and now I want to try one too!

T. Drecker said...

That will definitely put you on Santa's very nice list. A generous offer :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

What a sweet gift. You're definitely on Santa's good list this year, PK. :D

Old Kitty said...

Awwwww how lovely of you!! Yay!!!!

Happy happy happy Christmas!! Take care
x

Elise Fallson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elise Fallson said...

What an awesome and generous gift! You rock! And love the tree too. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! (:

Carla White said...

I love generosity this time of year - it's the true spirit of the season. Happy holiday to you and yours. I need that tree!

SA Larsenッ said...

You are just so amazing, PK!! It's a pleasure to know you, blog with you, and be a part of YALitchat MODS with you.

Have a wonderful holiday!!

Jeff Hargett said...

Excellent tree. Excellent offer. Excellent Christmas spirit. No coal for you this year! :-)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Aren't you just awesome. I think I will take you up on the offer. I love input!

Angela Ackerman said...

WOW! You are so utterly generous to offer this! I am not at all surprised tho--you have such a giving spirit!

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas, Pk. Thanks so much for helping with this event--you are just fabulous to offer something like this. :)

Happy writing, nog-drinking, reading, family hugging & present opening! Wishing all the best for you!

Angela

Johanna Garth said...

Gorgeous book tree and I'm headed to stop by the hosts blog because I think is such a creative blogfest.

LTM said...

YOU are awesome! Congrats again on the new agent, and you are too right about this being the perfect fest for how we're all feeling right now.

Merry Christmas! ((hugs)) <3 <3

Yvonne's World of Poetry said...

Very generous of you, lovely post.

Yvonne.

Theresa Milstein said...

That's such a wonderful offer. Thank you!

Cherie Reich said...

Fantastic offer!

Love the book tree! Happy Holidays!

Lynda R Young said...

Best Christmas Tree ever!
What a lovely gift to give back to the community.

parfums said...

Nice blog
Parfum pas cher

fOIS In The City said...

What a lovely way to spread joy during this Holiday season. A good friend wrote to me re: a critique of my query. "It takes a village of writers to become published." And you PK, are in the village square greeting those weary travelers on the road to publication. Have a great Holiday :)

Mary Aalgaard said...

Happy holidays to you, too. Love that book tree!

Azara said...

What a nice holiday offer! I love the book tree and would try to recreate it if I wasn't so lazy.

Tammy Theriault said...

what an awesome idea...and that book tree rocks!!

Norma Beishir said...

Merry Christmas, PK!

(That's an adorable elf!)

alexia said...

That's so sweet! I'm in the middle of working on critique notes from my Pitch Wars mentor now or I'd take you up on that.

Love that book tree! Have a happy holiday!

Catherine Stine said...

Merry Christmas! Generous offer.

The Happy Whisk said...

A local book shoppe did this in her display window and I just love it.

Love it.

Merry Christmas :-)

Lexa Cain said...

♥ Merry Christmas! ♥

Melissa Bradley said...

Love that picture and I think this is a tremendous offer. Queries are hard!

I wish you and your family a wonderful, beautiful Christmas. All good things! :)

Talei said...

Oh, you're a lovely Elf! Happy critiquing, dear. And, yes, I've been hugging my little one a lot closer since last week. Wishing you and your family a wonderful christmas!!

Txo

William Kendall said...

Have a Merry Christmas, PK!

Anonymous said...

And yes it is a habit and not a disease, so there is definitely no reason at all that you won't be able to break it.. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry handbags[/url] We have over 700 project rooms in a short amount of time - which underscores the real interest level of the Challenge. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Luxcgazos
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets[/url] Purkajujp [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose toronto factory[/url] dczgzvrtx

michelle said...

The book tree ROCKS!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas PK! And hope you have an awesome New Year!

parfums said...

Nice blog
Parfum pas cher

Donna Yates said...

What a sweet offer. I'm sorry I missed it.
btw, the anonymous above is a spam.

Anonymous said...

yhsy [url=http://www.stylomontblancboutique.fr]montblanc[/url] xiwlqm http://www.stylomontblancboutique.fr zgqb [url=http://www.stylomontblancfrance.fr]mont blanc[/url] lqqvkf http://www.stylomontblancfrance.fr opaj [url=http://www.stylomontblancparis.fr]montblanc[/url] srzjqi http://www.stylomontblancparis.fr syfx [url=http://www.stylomontblancsolde.fr]mont blanc[/url] bcnovc http://www.stylomontblancsolde.fr dslh [url=http://www.achetermontblancstylo.fr]stylo mont blanc[/url] hqlfpb http://www.achetermontblancstylo.fr bpnh [url=http://www.montblancmeisterstuck.fr]mont blanc[/url] zcpawi http://www.montblancmeisterstuck.fr wfan

robi awaludin said...

the content of the story is very interesting an experience and new insights that I get after reading this article, thanks for very interesting information, we are waiting for other interesting information

obat herbal varikokel
obat herbal penyakit usus buntu
obat tukak lambung kronis
obat herbal leukimia akut
obat radang kandung empedu
obat herbal gagal ginjal akut
obat penyempitan tulang belakang
obat herbal tumor mamae
obat herbal untuk maag akut
obat untuk penyakit lambung bocor
obat untuk penyakit batu empedu
obat amandel herbal
obat kista rongga mulut
obat kista ganglion
obat pengapuran tulang leher