Friday, December 28, 2012

Witch's Nocturne and Contest!

Hope everyone has been having an excellent holiday season. We did our thing, had lots of family, fun, and food, and now coasting through the next few days til 2013 is upon us. You know, eighty years from now when it's close to the year 2100, folks will be talking about the turn of the century and all those peeps who lived back then (us!), and how primitive our technology was. Funny to think about when we've already come so far.

But anyway, today's not about speculating the future, today's about mentioning a friend and fellow blogger's book release. I will actually have a series of blog posts coming out to help promote friends' new releases, and with them, a contest announcement!

*Drum roll please*

With each new post that features a new release, I will leave a clue somewhere in the text that will look like this: #clue

Only in place of the word "clue" will be the actual clue. Collect all the clues and send me the answer to be entered into a contest. A contest for what, you ask? Four winners will get an eBook of one of the books I'm helping to promote, and one grand winner will receive the tee shirt of their choice from Out of Print Clothing. Cool, huh?

So to kick off the series of amazing new releases, is EJ Wesley's second novella in his New Adult Moonsongs book series:


#Red

 After receiving an ancient tribal journal from her grandfather, Jenny is sent on a mission of discovery in an attempt to unravel clues to her family's monster hunting past. The journey becomes more than academic when she is asked to confront a coven of dangerous witches who plan to cast an insidious spell on the plains of West Texas. 

Witch's Nocturne is the second of the Moonsongs Books, a series of New Adult, paranormal-horror-action novelettes--with a Texas twist--by author E.J. Wesley

Witch's Nocturne is available now:

Amazon     Smashwords (ePub & PDF)

Blood Fugue, Moonsongs Book 1, is also available:

Amazon (Free to borrow for Amazon Prime members.)

I've read both these books and they are fun, fun, fun! As novellas you can read them through in just a short time, and there's no shortage of entertainment. Cool characters + spooky plots = great reads. (more suitable for mature audiences)

You can learn more about EJ at his blog The Open Vein. He also hosts weekly NA chats on Twitter, discussing all things New Adult. He's an all around great guy to know.

Be sure to keep an eye out for clues and I'll let you know when to send in your answers for a chance to win.

Hope you're having a stellar weekend, and your New Year's Eve is sensational! Thanks for stopping by! How was your holiday? Any big plans for NYE? Have you read any of the Moonsongs books yet? Know EJ? I love hearing from you!

25 comments:

E.J. Wesley said...

Thank you for the kind words PK! We're gathering with friends to ring in 2013, which is always a good time. :-D Love the concept for the game/contest!

E.J. Wesley said...

And Happy New Year! :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Already have my copy!

Michael Offutt, Speculative Fiction Author said...

Yay for E.J.!

LM Preston said...

Love the cover! Woot! I spread the word. Happy for you! And I got my copy :-D

Tamara said...

I'll have to pick this one up. Congrats to EJ!

erica and christy said...

(psst, it will not be the year 3000 in 80 years, it'll be almost 2100. Stop aging us. :)

Glad you had a happy holiday season - good luck with everything in 2013!
erica

Yvonne's World of Poetry said...

Good luck with the book, I just love the cover and it sounds like a book right up my street,

Happy New Year,
Yvonne.

Christine Rains said...

Awesome! EJ is fantastic. Have a grand new year!

Brinda said...

Hmm...this is like that magic eye thing but with a point. Congrats to Wesley for another great looking release!

E.J. Wesley said...

Thanks everyone! :-D

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Best of luck EJ! I'll have to go get the book...just got a new kindle, so I am ready to load up!

Tammy Theriault said...

ej rocks!! can't wait to read it!

E.J. Wesley said...

@ Elizabeth - Thanks! I love my Nook and have spent many great reading hours with it. Think you'll enjoy your Kindle as well! :-D

@ Tammy - Thank you Tammy! Sincerely appreciate it, and hope you enjoy.

jamieayres.com said...

Haven't heard of this series yet, so I will check it out! Sounds wonderful, and love that cover. My Christmas was fab and we are having twenty people over to our house for NYE, so I better get back to work preparing:-) Cheers to 2013 *freaks at the thought that it's already gonna be 2013!*

Norma Beishir said...

Happy New Year, PK! Here's hoping EJ's novella is a huge success!

Jess said...

EJ's great~ thanks for promoting his latest book! And Happy New Year to you :)

Tara Tyler said...

fun stuff! ej's book sounds suspenseful & mysterious!

just hanging ith neighbors for nye, best way!
happy new year!

michelle said...

Congrats to EJ!
Have a happy, peaceful and prosperous new year PK!

Tanya Reimer said...

Wow, not very often I see a review that shouts FUN! yet somehow, from EJ, I wouldn't expect much else. hee hee. I do enjoy reading him and so I must must see what magic he's created.

Laura Diamond said...

I'm seeing this everywhere!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Great way to promote our friends!

William Kendall said...

I know EJ, of course! It's a good looking cover!

Happy New Year, PK!

kmckendry said...

I love your contest idea! EJ's book looks terrific!

Donna Yates said...

What a cute contest. I have EJ's book and can't wait to read it.