Monday, January 21, 2013

18 Things, My Bucket List, & Your Final Clue

Greetings! Happy MLK Day! We are celebrating here in the States with a long weekend and some fun family time. But today's also special because Jamie Ayers is celebrating the upcoming release of her new YA, 18 Things!

In honor of her release, she's having an 18 Things Bucket List blogfest, and wants to know what's on our list. You can still enter and do your own post, just click on the picture below to get to Jamie's blog. But first, keep reading for more on mine.



Before I get to my list, it's also the last day of clues for my own contest, in which I'm offering the winner an Out of Print tee shirt of their choice.

In order to win, you must collect all five clues from previous posts. But I won't make it that hard. You can find the other three clues by going here and here, and here. Simply find the clue words next to the asterisk and use them to figure out the answer. (Take a gander at the awesome new releases while you're at it. ) Email me with all five clues and your answer. If there's more than one winning entry, I'll have random.org select a winner. But you'll also have a chance to win one of the eBooks that have been featured.

Have you seen how cool the Out of Print tees are?? I have a couple myself and they are high quality and one of a kind. I've seen they have a brand new Pride & Prejudice print that is tres chic. Think I'll be grabbing one of those myself along with the winning entry. ;)

And here's your final feature and clue:

                                                           
                                                             *Zihuatanejo


Now back to my Bucket List ...

Actually, if you've seen the movie, I've been privileged to do a lot of what's featured there already. I've mentioned before in previous posts, that working for an international airline for over fifteen years has afforded me a LOT of travel opportunities. Things like the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China, riding an elephant through the jungles of Thailand, gondola riding in Venice, etc...

Honestly if I died today, I'd have seen more places than a lot of 80 year olds. Becoming a mom was number one on my list, and God blessed me with two amazing children. Selling my book with success would be nice, but since that's not really in my control, I'll simply keep striving toward it.

BUT as my fortieth birthday quickly approaches (not til November) I really want to accomplish something else from my bucket list. And here's where you come in.

I don't have 18 things here, but there's plenty to choose from. I'm taking your suggestions, and whatever I end up doing, I'll have mega pictures and blog posts documenting the journey so I can share it with you.

* Skydiving in New Zealand
* Tour of the Holy Lands in Israel
* Trek up to Macchu Picchu in Peru
* Visit to Nepal to see Mt. Everest (not climb it lol)
* Dive the Great Barrier reef of Australia
* Dive trip to Palau in the South Pacific
* Round-the-world trip with brief stops in select cities in a full globe trot
* Shopping in Prague
* Great White shark expedition off coast of South Africa
* Dive trip to Greece

Those are the main contenders, but I just can't decide. What would YOU do? Any suggestions?? Don't forget to hop over and visit Jamie and congratulate her new release. :)




39 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You're still young!
From your list I'd say you really like water and air. (Although it would be really thin around Everest.)

Heather Gardner said...

Wow. You certainly have been busy. I don't have much of a list. I want to do lots of things but never seem to have the money. If I won the lotto I would learn to ride a motorcycle myself so I could ride w/ my husband cross country in the USA. That would be pretty amazing.
Whatever you decide to do I can't wait to live vicariously through you!
That book thing...gonna happen. :)
HMG

Al Diaz said...

YOu missed "Visit a dragon in Mexico" hahahaha. Seriously, that's a pretty good list. I wouldn't climb the Everest but overflying it would be good. :)

mshatch said...

I'd love to go to Prague, though not necessarily to shop. I just want to walk around and take a million pictures and have lunch at some delightful outdoor cafe.

VikLit said...

Have been lucky enough to do the Great Barrier Reef - tho only snorkelling as asthmatic they wouldn't let me dive - but can confirm it was fab !!!! What a great list you have :))

Karen Walker said...

Hubby and I are discussing four possibilities for our trip this year and having a hard time deciding, so I couldn't possibly decide for you - but out of your list, I've been to New Zealand (Milford Sound is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen) Greece is very special, and I've been in a submersible at the Great Barrier Reef. Out of those, I'd choose Greece, but that's me - I love the history.
Karen

DL Hammons said...

There are only three that pop into my head. 1) I've always wanted to visit Australia/New Zeland. 2) Christmas in New York City. 3) Comic Con in LA.

:)

Carla White said...

I LOVE the Out of Print tees and own 4 of them. In fact, I think you're the reason I heard of them and the first one I bought was with a gift certificate I won off your blog! :D

These are all awesome contenders for your pre-fortieth list. If it were me, I'd go for shopping in Prague. Whatever you do, though, it'll be epic!

SA Larsenッ said...

I'm loving the looks of 18 Things, and all the info you've shared!! Loved this post and will have to check out these Out of Print tees. Thx.

T. Drecker said...

I hope you have durable suitcases;)
Great list!

Nickie said...

It sounds like whatever you choose, you'll end up having an amazing birthday.

Camping in Denali is at the top of my bucket list, along with a whale spotting trip. That would rock my socks.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I want to see the Holy Lands too...but I'm totally not in for the shark thing. They are sharks PK...they have really big teeth and bigger appetites.

Libby said...

Your list is extremely active! That's terrific!

Emily R. King said...

I'll go to South Africa with you! I'm doing a shark dive when I go to Hawaii in March. SO EXCITED.

Barbara Watson said...

Australia is on my list of places to visit, so diving the Great Barrier Reef has my vote. Looking forward to hearing what you choose and then reading about it later!

Old Kitty said...

I am exhausted just reading your bucket list! Amazing and amazingly active! Yay!!! Take care
x

Johanna Garth said...

This isn't on your bucket list, but it's in the spirit. I think I'd pick several wonders of the world from the seven (or maybe just one) and visit it.

lbdiamond said...

New Zealand and Israel and Australia are AWESOME!!!!

I'd love to go to Macchu Piccu too.

Great bucket list!

Norma Beishir said...

Great list, PK!

You've inspired me. Now that I'm entering Geezerdom, it's time for me to put together my own Bucket List....

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, PK...

Mentioned you in my Bucket list.... Traveling a DEFINITE must! LOL.

Seems to be on all our lists.

Didn't you have five clues including today's?

jamieayres.com said...

Wow, Pk! Love all that travel . . . I really encourage you to visit where my novel is set in Grand Haven, MI during the summer. You and the fam would have a blast, and then drive up to/take boat to Mackinac Island (another place they visit in the book). Also, I've always wanted to go see the blue whales in action when they migrate in January to the Gulf of Mexico! Thanks so much for posting & congrats on being a winner:-)

Suzi said...

You have a great list. Would be hard to choose. My fave might be the dive trip to Greece. That's one place I'd like to go. And diving would be cool too.

fOIS In The City said...

PK, the traveler in you is crammed into your bucket. Great places you want to see :) Me? I want to see this country in as many ways as I can ... so I would put most of the 50 states in my bucket and add the high country in the Rockies and traveling trans-continental in a train across Canada from east to west :)

LTM said...

I LOVE how all your items are travel-related. I'm the same way. If I were putting a bucket list together it would be all the amazing places in the world... along with visiting folks! Like Michael's list! :D

Maccu Piccu, New Zealand, shopping... ahh!!! Let's geaux~ <3

Crystal Collier said...

I'm totally on the Macchu Picchu band wagon--probably because my dad did it and was forever talking about how awesome it was. Still, I think you list is amazing, and one day--when my hubby and I are gloriously rich and retired (haha) I'm going come back and borrow your thoughts. Um, but I would add an African safari. =)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

I've been loving this blogfets. It's fun to see what is on everyone's list. I sure hope everyone gets a chance to do the things they really want to do! Hope everyone gets out there and just does them! Best :)

Tammy Theriault said...

My suggestion, european our disney cruise!

Daanish said...

wow and best of luck

kmckendry said...

I would pick Macchu Picchu, Nepal, or Holy Lands, anything with the possibility of sharks, I would leave to someone else! haha
Great list.

Denise Covey said...

Plenty of active pursuits on your list. Diving in the Great Barrier Reef is amazing. As is the Whitsunday Coast of Queensland too. I hope you achieve many of your goals.

michelle said...

Great White Shark expedition? You're super adventurous PK... maybe something of an adrenalin junkie? I'd advise you to rather dive with the sharks in the shark cage down at uShaka Marine World... a safer but probably boring option...

Nancy B said...

I've been to Prague, and it was a very interesting place to visit and shop. Australia and Greece are at the top of my bucket list so I would probably vote for one of those. I snorkel, not dive, and I can't imagine anywhere better than The Great Barrier Reef to go.

William Kendall said...

Of that list, I'd have to go to Nepal... and have a go at Everest. It's the climber in me.

Romance Reader said...

Great bucket list! I sincerely wish you make it all!

Nas

Carrie-Anne said...

You've got some great travel dreams. I love travelling too, and love how my sun sign, Sagittarius, is considered the traveler of the Zodiac.

I've been to Israel thrice so far, and could recommend a lot of great places there to visit. I'm still due to go back to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre on a future visit, since when I was there before, I was out of camera memory and didn't have a chance to get a new (MUCH larger) memory card for another day or so. I was SO disappointed I couldn't take pictures there!

Tony Van Helsing said...

Why skydiving in New Zealand specifically?

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

I have so much I want to do that I will never even be able to try. Your list sounds amazing. I have 46 things so far.

Donna Yates said...

That's some bucket list, Pk. Hope you can achieve it all.
Good luck to anyone who entered the contest.

french sojourn said...

I would reccommend Prague, most romantic city on the planet. And I would add dive in Bora Bora, my wife and i went there for our honeymoon . But get them all checked off the list, this is not a dress rehersal we live. ( sound like Yoda I do) Cheers