Thursday, February 14, 2013

Kissy Kissy!

Happy Heart Day to all!

Valentine's Day isn't just for lovers--it's for everyone and anyone you value. Like YOU! Have I told you all how much I value your visits and comments?? I really and truly do.

And a VERY SPECIAL heartfelt thanks going out to Candilynn Fite today for her blog post that made my day. Check it out right here!

And to Al Diaz, AKA Father Dragon, who left me the Cutie Pie Award the other day, THANK YOU! Check him out right here.

So watching my kids get to their classrooms with their sacks full of valentines and their excitement in passing them out, just made my morning. Remember those days/? I remember once in fifth grade I got a really big extra special valentine chocolate heart from a little boy admirer and I just didn't know what to think. lol I was so embarrassed. Hee hee....

Anyway today's also the Indelibles Kissing fest! If you don't know the Indelibles, they are a group of INDIE writers leaving their marks on their world with their self-pubbed books.  Proving to the world the time for self-pubbed stigmas is gone, and independent can very well mean quality writing and stories.


Head to the Indelibles' blog for HDQ and a list of participants by clicking on the picture above, and get ready to swoon! But first! Check out my entry below.

I've posted this one before, so it may be familiar, but it's my go-to standby kissing scene from my YA contemporary story called Starsong. It's about a teen couple, Wynona and Sami, trying to make a relationship work despite the fact they come from controlling families with conflicting faiths. The full blurb is on my sidebar under MY PROJECTS.

This is the scene of their first kiss, at a lake on Fourth of July. Hope you enjoy ....

From Starsong 


I can feel his presence like he's already touching me. The hairs on my arms are standing up like a static current just settled over my skin. I look at his face, his eyelids are heavier than before. Thank God it's dark, I'm sure I'm blushing right now.
            “You reminded me how much I love to sing,” I say.
            “You didn't need me for that. You just needed to find your voice.”
            “Maybe. Guess it was kinda stupid of me to stop singing—just cause of my mom.”
            “We all do stupid things sometimes.”
            “Oh, so you agree with me then? That figures.”
            His face looks serious.
            “I was … just teasing you ...” My heart beats faster.
            “I know,” he says, inching closer to me. “I know you have this thing with your mom, and some time I'd like to talk about it, but not tonight.”
            The first of the fireworks whistles through the night, then pops and crackles over the trees. Neon colors splatter across the sky, reflected by the lake, and drawing my attention away for only seconds.
            I look back at Sami, his face is only inches from mine. “Fireworks,” I say.
Duh. Way to be Captain Obvious, Wynonna.
            Sami says nothing. He takes one of my hands in his, then the other, standing in front of me now. His hands are warm, skin smooth. I can smell the sandalwood on his clothes.
            He raises our hands between us, our fingers intertwining slowly, then palms pressing together with more force. And that's all it takes—a single touch to trigger the feelings inside me. We embrace. I allow my hands to run up along his back, feeling the warmth of his body, welcoming it.
            A tiny gasp escapes my lips. I didn't know he'd feel this good. He caresses my arms, my back. Still our lips haven't met. Something so erotic stirs inside me—a swirling of emotion and desire like I've never felt. He pulls just barely away from me and I search his face for a sign.
            His eyes are blazing like embers, his face approaching mine. Our lips touch, blend, unite. His mouth is like comfort food—warm, nourishing. I let the passion inside me take over my body, kissing him harder, deeper. He lifts me up, our lips still locked together, and carries me.
            Fireworks still whistle, pop, and crackle overhead, but I can't tell if they're from my body or from the pyrotechnic display. I don’t care which it is. All I care about is Sami here with me, our bodies together.


Thanks for reading! Don't forget to swing by Candi's blog , Al Diaz and the Indelibles today!

Do you have a fave kissing scene from a book or movie? Or one from your past? Care to share what your first kiss was like?

32 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I saw Candilynn's post about purchasing a Harriet Plotter - very cool!

PT Dilloway, Grumpy Bulldog said...

I think my 1 and 1A would be when Han and Leia kiss in Empire Strikes Back and the upside-down rain kiss in the original Spider-Man.

Margo Berendsen said...

kissing and fireworks! The perfect combination. reminds me of how setting can add so much to a scene.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Love right back at ya! Great smoochie clip. Very sweet and sexy.

Now off to check off those other posts!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'm back.

I love your pixies. I want one. I shall have one. She will be my good luck charm!!

Nickie said...

I'm not a big romance person, but I melt a little when I watch 'The Princess Bride' and Buttercup pushes Westley down the hill, and he just screams 'Aaaaas yoooouuuu wiiiiiish!'

So cute, especially when she throws herself down the hill after him.

Tony Van Helsing said...

Can I class this post as a Valentine card? If so then yes, I will be your Valentine. Where are my chocolates?

E.J. Wesley said...

We *heart* you too lady! :-)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Back at you! :) Happy heart day to you, too! It's so wonderful to have such great blogging buddies :) Have a safe and happy day.

C. Lee McKenzie said...

Loved the kissy kissy post. Have a beautiful Valentine's Day.

LTM said...

SHEW! LOVE it!! Love the warm, nourishing comfort food and the fingers entwining... nice, nice stuff here! Great work, P, and Happy Valentine's Day to you!!! :o) <3

Michelle Gregory said...

very nice. :)

Candilynn Fite said...

PK, thanks for the mention. Funny thing, I had the post written up yesterday and thought, oh my! I better ask her if it's okay to post first! I love whimsical cuties like your pixies. I'm so uber-excited about getting my HP! Loved your fire-cracking kissy scene. :))

Elle Strauss said...

Love the slow build. Thanks for sharing!

Romance Reader said...

Hi PK,

Thanks for sharing this smoochie post! As a romantic, I appreciate!

Nas

T. Drecker said...

Aw! What a nice Valentine post. :)

fOIS In The City said...

How totally precious, PK and how perfectly you. I can remember those days and then reliving them with my kids.

My first kiss thing is like in three parts I post now and again. No need to repeat here. It's a great idea and more of us should do it :) Happy Valentine !!

RaShelle Workman said...

Sweet. ...I didn't know he'd feel this good... I like it. =)

Al Diaz said...

This is a sweet kiss scene, PK, I could nearly hear the fireworks. My first kiss was kind of odd. Didn't like it at all. Second was much better hahaha. Thanks for the shot out :) I wish I were in the US to get a Harriet Plotter for the cave.

Author Magan said...

Love the title for this book! and looking below, Bad underwear day is so funny!

Shana Norris said...

Such a sweet kiss, I love it! My first kiss was weird and awkward and I try not to think about it much. ;) Good material to write from though, LOL!

Lydia Sharp said...

Fireworks during fireworks! Love it!

Robin said...

So great PK! Love confusing the fireworks inside and out. Happy Valentines Day!

Misha Gericke said...

That is an awesome kissing scene. :-D

Michael Di Gesu said...

HI, PK...


impressive imagery and emotion. Not your typical GUSHY, sloppy, wet kiss....

Beth said...

Man, that's a tough question. There are too many to name just one!

jamieayres.com said...

Awesome post!! And yeah, too many favs in books and movies to narrow it down. But I just did a guest post on Ink in the Book's blog about my sweet first kiss:-) Happy Friday to ya!

Norma Beishir said...

Very well done, PK. Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Leslie S. Rose said...

Love the scene. I have to go with the Scarlett and Rhett kiss in Gone With the Wind.

Tammy Theriault said...

Great read and congrats on a well deserved award!

Shell Flower said...

Aw, such a sweet and HOT kissing scene. Fireworks indeed!

William Kendall said...

I do like that excerpt, PK!