Monday, February 11, 2013

The Bad Underwear Day

You know the one. You think you made a good choice in under garments for the day. Maybe it's your favorite pair for comfort. Or the fit is so right on with whatever outer clothes you wear. Or maybe a thong is the only pair that works with your outfit.

Whatever the reason for your choice, you've made a commitment to be with this pair throughout the entire day. And you expect full support and reliability in return.

Then it happens.

Starts out with a bit of tugging and squirming. Maybe a trip to the restroom to readjust. You're determined to make it work. But the fact remains, you're just not comfortable. Maybe the elastic popped. Or the low rise fell too far below. The thong feels more like a prong, or a bunch is crunching the jewels.

Hey, it happens. To the best of us.

If you or someone you know is a victim of Bad Underwear Day, rest assured you're not alone. Many suffer from this ailment. Get help. Be prepared. Carry along a "spare pair" in your briefcase, backpack, or purse. Extend your lunch break to allow for a "quick change." But whatever you do, don't try to bite the bullet and deal with it all day.  Have a plan.

And don't be afraid to speak up. If  you see someone squirming in their seat, or their hands disappearing into their trunks  to rearrange, give them a little encouragement. Try saying something like, "Bad underwear day? Happens to the best of us."

Sometimes that's all it takes. And hey we all need all the support we can get. (pun intended) It's important to know we're not alone.

True story as shared by my son's teacher:

Her father drove an airport shuttle during the day on the weekends and one day while he was working, and the family was at home, her father pulls up in the driveway with a shuttle full of passengers on their way to the airport. Her father runs in the house while the kids and her mom are staring out the window at a shuttle full of people, who are staring right back at them.

"What's going on?" her mom asked.

Her dad disappeared into the bedroom and returned with a quick hug. "Bad underwear day. But not anymore."

"You brought a busload of people to our house to wait while you changed your underwear?" the mom asked.

He shrugged and headed out the door. "Desperate times call for desperate measures."    

( lol )

How about you? Have you or someone you know been a victim of Bad Underwear Day? Please share ....

35 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's hilarious your father brought home a shuttle full of people! And oh yeah, bad underwear just needs to hit the trash.

Dana said...

Too funny! What a great post for me to read first today!

T. Drecker said...

This is funny! He really did that? Wow. It must have been a terrible, awful, very bad underwear day.

M.J. Fifield said...

Yes, I have had bad underwear days. I've never been smart enough to carry a spare pair. Or bring a busload of people to my house to wait while I changed.

Great story for a Monday morning!

Aurora Smith said...

I'm dying!! :D

Karen Walker said...

This is hilarious. No, I can't remember ever having a bad underwear day.
Karen

Shelly said...

Linking this one back to my blog. TFF! Loved it! And yes, I've experienced Bad Under Wear Day. Its embarrassing because you feel like the whole world can see what's going on in your pants.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

E.J. Wesley said...

I'd say I have bad underwear weeks, but that might give the wrong impression. :-)

Old Kitty said...

Am having one right now...!

LOL!!

Note to self: must pack spare from now on! :-)

Take care
x

Norma Beishir said...

Oh, this is funny! I wonder if anybody on that bus ever figured out what the stop was for?

Carla White said...

This is hilarious, and yet totally valid. Legit advice, too. I hate when I wear underwear appropriate for my work outfit, but forget that I am heading to the gym after work, and having bad workout underwear is the worst!

Barbara Watson said...

Great post! My husband carries extra wherever he goes...he can't stand sweat-soaked underwear. =)

mshatch said...

hahaha, too funny! Thanks for the Monday morning giggle :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

TOO FUNNY!

Thanks for the laugh PK!

Jeff Hargett said...

"Bad underwear day? Happens to the best of us." <-- Definitely gotta try that one day. LOL

Beth said...

This made me laugh.

Johanna Garth said...

A friend of mine had a bad underwear day on her way to meet President Obama. The story she told about that night made me encourage her to write a story called "Commando with the Commander in Chief" but she's not a writer. :)

Jay Noel said...

I spend a lot of time in the car...tons of hours. Bad underwear while sitting in a car is NOT a good combo. I don't blame that shuttle driver one bit.

Kas said...

Always nice to know we're all in the same boat with stuff like this. : ]

lbdiamond said...

HAHA! I'm sure this has happened to all of us...except those who go commando. ;)

LOL!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

LOL!! Too funny.

I've never changed underwear, but I once wore a worn out bra shopping and the strap kept sliding off my shoulder. I got so fed up I headed to VS and bought a new one. I was having a bad bra day!

Kelly Polark said...

I bought and changed my bra in a mall like Elizabeth did once too!!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Oh my...too funny :) I hate when things break mid-day and I'm left with no means to fix it. Those are bad underwear days! :)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Bwa-ha-ha! I am so grateful to know I'm not the only one!!

I had a Bad Underwear Day today. I confess it. I *wish* I'd had a spare in my bag!

Lexa Cain said...

Or people could just -- Go Commando!! lol

Kimberly Gabriel said...

Hysterical. Thank you so much for the much needed laugh!

Jess said...

Hilarious! I thought you were going to say that he just took his undies off instead of changing them. And yes, I've had a bad underwear day. I have a couple pair that I should just throw out for bad behavior, but I feel like bad throwing out underwear.

michelle said...

This is hilarious!
PK you tell the most amazing and entertaining stories!

Tamara said...

haha...love this! Your dad sounds like my kinda guy. Thanks for the laugh!!

fOIS In The City said...

PK, what great fun that story was and oh yes, we have all had them.

Or the times when you was a little kid and mt mother "put" my clothes out. I'd look at the top of my dresser and see my worst pair of "bloomers" The ones I begged her to cut up for rags.

No such luck :) As you said ... we've all had them !

Alex Villasante said...

lesson is to keep spare underwear in the glove compartment. I do that for my kids, going so far as to keep a pair in my pocket for littlest (well, she is recently potty trained.) My husband won't do this because he's afraid it will fall out of his pocket and people will think he's a pervert.
I lost a good bit of weight in the last two years, trading my mom jeans in for fashion forward jeans. These fashion forward jeans always flash my knickers to the world, no matter how carefully I bend down. My eldest daughter is usually mortified when I'm bending down to light a fire or get something out of the fridge in front of her friends. She actually stands in front of me (shielding her friend's eyes from the horror of my electric blue undies, no doubt) and says, sotto voce, mom! underpants emergency!

The Desert Rocks said...

Great story PK, but me carry another pair? I'd need another purse! LOL

Candilynn Fite said...

Lol, PK! Loved this post. Has it happened to me? Unfortunately. Thanks for the laugh. :)

Shell Flower said...

As someone who rides her bike to work daily and changes at work, I've been subject to (and stuck with) some really bad wardrobe malfunctions from bad underwear to tights that keep falling down. I've called my boyfriend for an emergency pair of pants more than once.

William Kendall said...

I'm falling about laughing, PK!