Monday, February 18, 2013

Writers 4 Writers


Happy Monday! Hey what happened to February?? I'm still trying to catch up from January. :s

Today's a great day 'cause it's the Writers 4 Writer's day. It's a great way to give back to the community and introduce yourself to other writers and their stories. Just think about when your book comes out, how much you'd appreciate others spreading the word. This is a great way to connect and learn more about each other. To sign up, click on the picture above.
Check out the links below to two fab writers, and simply head over to their blogs to copy a tweet and/or facebook post and paste them into your own social media haunts. It's a simple way to spread the word. And when it's your turn, you'll be glad others made the effort for you.

You can find Gwen Gardner here.

And Melissa Bradley here.

Head over and say hello, congratulate them on their book, and share, share, share!

I'm busy giving my latest few pixies their wings so they can fly off to their new owners. So exciting! It's always a big deal here at Pixie Patrol HDQ when a new fairy gets her wings. If you know someone who needs a little inspiration in their lives, check out my Pixie Patrol page on the sidebar.

Also, I've put up my Twitter hangouts in the sidebar as well. Come hang and chat with me and other writers!

Have a great week! I'll be back on Wednesday, and will be hopping around to visit you in between. How was your weekend? Any news to share? Or just say hello. I love to hear from you. :)

19 comments:

Laura Eno said...

Yay for Gwen and Melissa!
It's always good when a pixie gets her wings. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Already been Tweeting for Gwen and Melissa this morning!
Your pixies are a hit.

Tony Van Helsing said...

I can't believe we are already 2 months into the year. A bloke who lives down the street still hasn't taken his Christmas lights down. Mind you, he is a bit of an idiot.

Barbara Watson said...

I haven't heard of Writers 4 Writers before, so I'll be checking it out. Thanks!

Al Diaz said...

I'm fan of the Pixie Patrol. :)

Crystal Collier said...

Is this a new thing? This is the first mention of it I've seen, but me likes. =) I might have to sign up.

SA Larsenッ said...

I've seen these posts a few times, but had no idea what it was all about. Totally cool! I'll sign up!!

Jay Noel said...

You need to make me a steampunk pixie!

Have a great week, PK.

michelle said...

I've already tweeted/ re-tweeted for these ladies!
They are burning up the blogosphere...

Dianne K. Salerni said...

I think I lost all of January and February in a frenzy of first draft writing. But I just typed THE END a couple hours ago, and I'm blinking at the world around me, startled by the sunshine and just being HERE -- instead of in the world of my WIP.

Norma Beishir said...

This looks like fun!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I put some pixie dust on my front porch to lure her in :)

I need to check out W4W. I'm a horrible tweeter, but I need to just quit whining about it and do it!

Old Kitty said...

Awwww you are so Empress of the Pixies! Yay!!!

Hoorah for Melissa and Gwen! Take care
x

The Desert Rocks said...

Wait PK don't scare me. It's still February right?

Suzi said...

I have no book of my own, so I'll mention how I've got Elizabeth's Arroyo's The Second Sign on my blog today for her blog tour.

I haven't had a change to read TSS yet, but I read one of Elizabeth's other manuscripts a while back and loved it.

I've haven't been in the blogging world that long and it's so cool to now be knowing people who are publishing.

fOIS In The City said...

Another great way to meet new writers. Thanks, PK :)

BTW ... I love your shop and your little pixies. Keep making those wings, girl ... those little darlings can fly !!

LTM said...

Very, very cool! I love W4W--it's like a large, open community. But it's the community of bloggy friends we've all known for so long. Here's wishing Gwen and Melissa all the best~ <3

jamieayres.com said...

Awesomesauce!!! I saw two great movies this weekend--The Perks of Being a Wallflower (watched it 4x, lol) and The Silver Linings Playbook:-)

William Kendall said...

I'm still trying to catch up on everything!