Friday, March 1, 2013

Back from the Future!

Happy March, bloggie friends! And welcome to the Back From the Future Bloghoop! *insert Huey Lewis theme song here*


Hosted by M Pax, Suze, and Nickie Elson. Here's what they want to know:


You're up before dawn on a Saturday when the doorbell rings. You haven't brewed your coffee so you wonder if you imagined the sound. Plonking the half-filled carafe in the sink, you go to the front door and cautiously swing it open. No one there. As you cast your eyes to the ground, you see a parcel addressed to you ... from you.

You scoop it up and haul it inside, sensing something legitimate despite the extreme oddness of the situation. Carefully, you pry it open. Inside is a shoebox -- sent from ten years in the future -- and it's filled with items you have sent yourself.

What's in it?

"What the...?" Slamming the door shut, I carry my treasure to the sofa and extract the first item: a silver cuff bracelet. Instinctively, I put it on. Perfect fit. 

Feeling energized, I reach in for the next item and hold up a golden ticket stub. It says, "Admit one: Filmfest." I set it aside, struggling to contain my curiosity and excitement. 

Looking inside the shoebox again I see only one more item. A simple postcard with a Hawaiian landscape on the front. Gazing longingly, I turn it over. It says, 

"I know things can seem uneventful at times--like you're spinning your wheels and nothing's paying off, but keep your spirits up. Ten years from now, you'll be sitting in your own box seat at the Cannes film festival, in which your very own film you produced from your successful novel is being honored. I've included the ticket stub to prove it. Keep it as a reminder to always press forward. It's worth it. "

"P.S. the bracelet is a metabolism booster quite popular with today's writers nowadays. It burns fat while you're sitting down and keeps your appetite at a minimum, as well as your body evenly caffeinated. Plus it's %100 safe and effective! Thought you could use a little head start in that direction. Don't worry, I've got your back!"

lololol ! Ah, the writer's life! And I just love Back to the Future--watched it with the kids for the first time the other day. Explaining time travel to a 6 year old can be tricky, but I think she's got the hang of it now---especially after all those Doctor Who episodes following. ;)

Click on the pic above to get to bloghop HDQ and read all the entries! Such fun!

Also, FYI for teen writers or for anyone who knows a teen writer, a writing boot camp is coming up and you should check it out! Click here for more deets. It's only $5 to attend online, and Lois over at Teen Author Boot Camp is offering a free subscription to one person who comments here, so be sure to include you're interested when you leave a comment. And don't forget to check out the links to learn more! 

Also, visit, Writers Cubed. 

Hope everyone has an outstanding weekend! I'm looking forward to reading all the posts! And BTW Happy Dr. Seuss Day! 

Are you participating in the bloghop? If not, what would future-you leave present-you? Know any teen writers who could benefit from boot camp? Please share ...


  

38 comments:

Trisha F said...

I want one of those fat burner thingies!! hehe

I did hear recently that 1 minute of full-intensity workout per week or per month or something is sufficient to keep you perfectly healthy. Wishful thinking? :)

Empty Nest Insider said...

I also want one of those bracelets now, and who wouldn't want to be featured in the Cannes Film Festival?! This was very fun and clever!

Julie

Jess said...

I want one of those writing bracelets!! And I'd totally go for a movie ticket to my own movie ;) Definitely the most awesome thing ever!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Whoever invented that bracelet probably made millions.

Romance Reader said...

Hi PK Hrezo,

The best part about your post is that it's all true!

Maria

Jackie said...

Creative post!
And I want one of those bracelets! :)

florence fois said...

I'm going to try one more time to get in :)

florence fois said...

Good. Now, as I tried to say. I don't want a bracelet because I love to burn the fat in the pool.

I'd leave myself my published books, pictures of my grandchildren and some really great mystery plots :)

Annalisa Crawford said...

Someone somewhere should really start working on those bracelets!

Suzi said...

Metabolism booster. I could use that too. :)

M.J. Fifield said...

A bracelet that keeps your body evenly caffeinated. Love it.

Al Diaz said...

I will make a note to self to keep my eyes wide open for that bracelet. Hope they come in dragon size.

Oh and also for your autograph now before you become such a celebrity you'll be unavailable. :D

DL Hammons said...

Obviously your bracelet is a HIT! (Yes, I want one!) Can you save a seat for a few of your friends at Cannes? :)

Jessica said...

I love your entry! Cannes and that bracelet are hard to beat :)

LM Preston said...

I guess there's nothing left for me to ask for :-D

Suze said...

'as well as your body evenly caffeinated.'

I'm not sure I'd want a bracelet to take the place of my lightly-scalding cuppa ... :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

ooh, I need that bracelet!!!

Nicki Elson said...

Haha, the evenly caffeinated would be sooo nice. So would the Cannes Film Festival. Future you rocks! (As well as current you).

M Pax said...

I need one of those bracelets. And I can't wait to see the film of your book!

nutschell said...

oh my gosh. I want one of those metabolism booster bracelets!

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Julie Flanders said...

I totally love the metabolism bracelet! Someone needs to hurry up and invent one of those.

Love the message on the postcard too. How awesome to think of being at Cannes!

michelle said...

Metabolism booster bracelet? Sorely needed item...
Dr. Seuss Day? I LOVE Dr. Seuss!

Lexa Cain said...

I want that to happen to me!! (But don't we all. heh-heh.) Thanks for the great read, and good luck getting to Cannes :-)

erica and christy said...

Ha, nice bracelet! My kids love B2tF, too - not sure if my 6-year-old gets it, but he laughs at the corny jokes!
erica

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Oh, yeah! Bring on that bracelet! (Think it comes in de-caf?)

Kathleen said...

It's official. Everyone wants one of those bracelets. I have a feeling, when they're invented in the future, they'll be called the PK Bracelet in your honor;-)

Stephanie said...

Put me down for a bracelet as well :) Very cool box contents.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I think it is universal: everyone wants one of those bracelets!

I want the computer JARVIS from the IRON MAN movies -- and maybe the mansion, too. LOL.

Lily Tequila said...

Please may I have a bracelet without the caffeine fix- I prefer self medicating with the hot stuff! And Happy Dr Seuss Day :-)

mshatch said...

I could really use that bracelet! What a great invention!

Joyce Lansky said...

I want one of those bracelets.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Seckman said...

What a dream come true!

Happy Suess day to you too.

Julie Musil said...

OMG what a fun idea! Love that your future you got to see your future film. And the bracelet? That's an excellent idea. You'd be a billionaire if you made those :)

jamieayres.com said...

What fun! My hubby just filmed a package for his entertainment show at a delorean dealership in Naples:-) And about that "teen" boot camp . . . my daughter is a writer but she won't be 13 until June--could she still register?

Henry David Thoreau Quotes said...

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
Henry David Thoreau

Johanna Garth said...

Great cause PK!

I love Dr. Seuss day. My kids always come home with cool drawings they make at school. Also would love one of those bracelets, but really, who wouldn't?

Henry David Thoreau Quotes said...

The heart is forever inexperienced.
Henry David Thoreau

William Kendall said...

There was a Doctor Suess day?