Wednesday, March 6, 2013

IWSG / Sweets Blogfest / & More!

So much going on today and around the blogosphere! To start, it's the first Wednesday of the month when writers everywhere come together for a virtual group hug through the Insecure Writer's' Support Group.


Click on the picture above to get to HDQ and see the list of participants. It's a given most writers battle with insecurity regarding their work, right? Right. Or else this group wouldn't exist. But I want you to take this moment right now (yes, now!) to stop and think about what it means to be a writer. To express oneself through word choice. To stir emotion by reaching down deep into the soul and spilling it out on paper (or blog posts.)

If you're a writer, you are truly blessed. You have a talent and skill that no one can ever take away from you. You will always have your words, your poetry, your unique way of seeing the world and people. Even God Himself chose writers to put down his message. His preferred method of reaching generations of people was through prophets who wrote down His inspired word.

We have a gift.

So leave the insecurity aside today and be proud! You are a writer. Let the world hear you ROAR!


Here's some roaring writers right here! Beth Fred and Kelly Hashway are hosting the Sweets Blogfest to share their sweet romance releases. Big congrats to Beth who just signed with her agent! So exciting!

You can learn more about Beth's and Kelly's books by clicking on the links to their names above, as well as more from the blogfest. And they want to know my fave sweet. That's a no-brainer for me .... CHOCOLATE! The darker the better. What can I say, it's like writer crack for me. I crave it. I get anxious without it. I need a fix or I'm a royal you-know-what. Oh wait, that's coffee ... but chocolate is right up there too. ;)

BTW I have a sweet romance posted over on Wattpad. I'm posting chapter by chapter of an old YA romance as I get it re-edited and it's been fun to revisit. If you're on Wattpad click over and follow me and I'll be sure to follow back!

Also, I wanted to mention two very special writers whose stories are making their way around the web. You may have heard of Chad Morris and Bridget Zinn. If not, their stories will touch your heart. Please click over to Elizabeth Seckman's blog for more deets on them. She presented them perfectly and I really hope you stop by to learn more about them.

The fabulous Krystal Wade has her YA book, Wilde's Fire, free today! Check it out by clicking here.

And on the news front, everyone over at Pixie Patrol HDQ is all a flutter over the newest pixie to join the faculty. Introducing CLEMENTINE CLOCKWORK


This steampunk pixie never minds hiking up her petticoats to get get greasy with cogs and clockwork. She simply slips on her goggles and gets busy. Smart as a whip and spunky too, Clementine proves any girl can get the job done when she sets her mind to it. 

Click the icon on my sidebar for more info on all the Pixie Patrols and their specialties. 


(Lots of clicks today, eh?) ;)


Thanks so much for stopping by on this very busy Wednesday! If you're in the U.S. mid - Atlantic region, best of luck weathering the storm! It's even cold down in FLA. Brrr .....


So are you feeling the writer pride today? Do you have a favorite sweet? Have you "liked" the Pixie Patrol Facebook page? Feel free to share anything at all! 



43 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Amen! And we can't let that gift go to waste.

Kelly Hashway said...

I'm with you. I LOVE dark chocolate!

Karen Walker said...

Oh, Pk, thanks for this. Needed it today.
Karen

E. Arroyo said...

Thanks for the inspiration. It's nice to know we are surrounded by such talented folks! =)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I have to say...I LOVE my pixie. She gets all sorts of compliments. She's such a sweet writing buddy!

I'm going to try Wattpad again. I made an account, they were supposed to email me the link blah blah blah...but I never got it. Not in spam, inbox...nowhere. I'd take it personally, but I'm pretty sure it's a computer fouling up.

Beth said...

Thanks so much PK! And wow I must be really technologically behind. I don't even know what a wattpad is. FB& twitter are enough to keep me busy! Congrats on the revision though. That's the real work.

Shelly said...

I'm a chocolate crack consumer. Good stuff!

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

J. A. Bennett said...

You're right, sometimes it's easy to forget how rare it is for people to follow their dreams. All of us are pretty awesome!

Robin said...

Today I'm proud to be a writer, and so glad for all the love going around for Chad and Bridget. And my fav. sweet-gotta be salted caramel with chocolate.

Annalisa Crawford said...

A great IWSG message :-)

Johanna Garth said...

Thanks for the inspiring post this morning PK!

Jeff Hargett said...

ROAR!!! (Enjoyed the one season of the television show by that name too, coincidentally. Heath was young back then.)

Al Diaz said...

I can't join you in the chocolate thing because as everybody knows, dragons don't eat chocolate, but a roar you certain get from me. :D

nutschell said...

Congrats to Beth and Kelly!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Old Kitty said...

Yay for roaring for yourself and for these wonderful talented writers too!!!

You deserve lots of deep dark chocolate! Yay! Take care
x

Tony Van Helsing said...

My favourite sweets are jelly babies. Or chocolate. I can't decide.

Michael Di Gesu said...

DON'T TELL ME IT'S COLD THERE! I am leaving in eight days and I want the sun and HEAT!

WE had a mini blizzard in Chicago yesterday, so PLEASE don't whine about the cold .... LOL.

CONGRATS on your newest pixie family member. SOOOO cute.


Sweets ,,,, YES! I am with you on both. CHOCOLATE and COFFEE!!!!!! LOL. I've added all my baking goodies to that list too. DO you like Biscotti? I am bringing tons of them with me to Florida. Let me know if you want to crunch on a few with your coffee... THEY ARE THE BEST!

Linda Carroll-Bradd said...

The idea of a steampunk pixie is great. Agreeing on the dark chocolate.

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Yay for writers every where! :) Roar.

Michelle said...

Feeling writerly pride? Yes.
Fave sweet? I'm more of a savoury gal...
Pixie Patrol FB page? Liked it!
Those pixies are ultra cool PK.

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Wanted to say I love your pixies! They are so cute! :)

Elise Fallson said...

ROAR :D
Great post. I tend to forget that not everyone has the opportunity to put words and thoughts on paper. It really is a gift in a lot of respects. Thanks PK.

Lexa Cain said...

Thanks for the encouragement, and I love the new steampunk pixie! So cute! :-)

J.L. Campbell said...


Lots going on, PK. Yes, writing is a talent we should treasure.

Trisha F said...

I'm a bit too braindead to say anything right now except...chooooocolaaaate.

Denise Covey said...

Chocolate and coffee -- perfect writing partners.

Kathleen said...

Great post today, PK! You're absolutely right that writing is a gift!
And, I LOVE Clementine!

Donna Hole said...

Roar, lol.

......dhole

fOIS In The City said...

For sure PK ... I am feeling major writerly pride. Yes. My favorite sweet is birthday cake laden with butter cream (obviously I do not indulge this addiction).

Darling littel Pixie, I am loving this collection !!

Candilynn Fite said...

Ooh! Clementine is adorable! Y'all have got to order yourself one of PK's pixies. Mine is hanging next to my desk. :)

meradeth said...

Great post! And chocolate is totally my writer-crack :) The darker the better!

Romance Reader said...

An awesome uplifting post! Thanks for all the links, PK. I just clicked through to your Wattpad, I want to read this!

Nas

Summer Ross said...

Thanks for the lift up!
Those covers look amazing!

Have a great Friday!
~Summer

Carole Anne Carr said...

Happy International Women's Day, P.K.!

Anonymous said...

Education is not about memorizing and getting
the degrees in hand. What is interesting is that you get to read news and analysis that give you an entirely different perspective, rarely
seen in corporate-sponsored media. They can also update news on their site as and when the event occurs while the newspapers have to wait until the next morning.


Look into my site: supplemental resources

Anonymous said...

If you are free to watch comical videos on the web then I suggest you to pay a visit this website, it consists of really so comical not only videos but also
additional information.

Take a look at my page: just click the following post

Anonymous said...

Exercise can help to avoid menopause weight gain and reduce other risks including osteoporosis,
heart disease, and arthritis. The reason this is important is because you will have a stronger knowledge base and bag
of tricks to keep you going on the rougher days.
Nothing is more motivating than seeing physical proof of results.


My web blog; women fitness tips abs

William Kendall said...

Avast, ye maties, there be spammers here...

One can never have too much chocolate, PK!

Anonymous said...

Thus, there are many broad options for getting to know various kinds
of news today and that too through the use of various mediums.

Both the content and presentation of news are drastically different from what it used to be.
I want to mention a part of the Prime Law (Twelve Visions
Party) which is part of Neothink.

Also visit my site Latest Daily News

Anonymous said...

Based on my own experiences I am going to make five recommendations that I
wish someone had made to me to help take the fear out of fitness.
If you weigh yourself everyday or every other day and see
that you've gained weight, your motivation may go down and you'll be likely to give up.

What I tell my clients is that they need to schedule their fitness time like it's a doctor's appointment.


Feel free to visit my web-site: http://mysexyvidz.com/index.php?do=/profile-2928/info/

Anonymous said...

The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science
and Technology under the Government of India is responsible for the regulation, formulation
and implementation of biotechnology courses in India.
Mitsui Ventures has been a long-term venture capital investor in healthcare companies,
and it is one of first Japanese firms that invest in international opportunities.
In reality, once a patent is issued, the inventor
or patent owner (i.

Check out my website www.vaccineeducationonline.org

Anonymous said...

I was more than happy to find this website. I want to to
thank you for your time for this wonderful read!
! I definitely really liked every part of it and I have you saved as a favorite to see new things in your
site.

Feel free to surf to my page - wonderchoir.com

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I seem to have clicked
the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a
comment is added I receive 4 emails with the same comment.

Perhaps there is an easy method you can remove me from that service?
Thank you!

Feel free to visit my blog biotechnology and bioengineering articles