As part of the Top Ten Movie Countdown blogfest hosted by the Blogfather himself, Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh, I'm sharing my medley of fantasy, family, sci-fi, adventure, and romance!
Click on the pic to get to HDQ and check out all the entries. If you're a film buff like me, this should be a fun day! After my weekend at MegaCon in Orlando, I'm psyched to talk about movies today. Everything from life size Star Wars characters, including actual working R2D2 units approaching you and trying to communicate ... to the delorean complete with flux capacitor and life size daleks from Doctor Who, lots of inspiration. Not to mention all the amazing comic book and anime artists. And you should've seen the Lego pit! They had the complete set of Lost the TV show built out of Legos.
My top ten in no particular order ...
1. ROMANCING THE STONE -- Yep, this one has to be my fave of all time. I think I was like eleven or twelve when it came out and it was everything I love about great stories. Adventure, romance, treasure maps, jungles, clues, and the main character is an author. Probably no coincidence I often look like this today while writing in my PJs:
2. JAWS-- Okay so I'm a HUGE shark fan. I don't know why, they just fascinate me and this movie is a staple. Maybe it's the 70s setting that lulls me in, or the ending with 3 unlikely fisherman stuck in a small boat with the same goal, but this film is my pacifier if I can't go to sleep. Hubby laughs 'cause I find it soothing. Yep, I'm weird like that.
3. FORREST GUMP -- Super stellar soundtrack for one, and I just love the feelgood story. Plus, Tom Hanks is brill!
4. STARDUST -- This one's a close runner up for my number one spot. It's got everything I love about a great story, plus the fun of magic!
5. TRISTAN & ISOLDE -- Probably my fave romantic film. Makes my heart flutter every time. James Franco as Tristan is pure perfection here.
6. STAR TREK IV -- After reviewing ALL the films not too long ago, I have to say that number 4 is my fave. Such a great story and so many fun parts! The world will forever be using the phrase, "colorful metaphors."
7. LOTR -- After this trilogy I was actually depressed there wouldn't be anymore. That's how much I loved them. But lo and behold, Peter Jackson came through to do The Hobbit, which is one of my fave books of all time. I've considered sending him a thank you card. ;)
8. THE GOONIES -- My childhood fave that changed me for all time. I think my entire universe shifted after seeing this one in the theatre and it was so comforting to know there were filmmakers in existence that understood me. lol
9. BRAVEHEART -- A must watch for me every few years. Nothing gets me more psyched than a William Wallace call to action!
10. OFFICE SPACE -- Because I have to include a comedy, this one makes me laugh EVERY time and I often feel like the main character with my corporate job and the constant rut I live in while doing it.
And man, there are so many more faves on my list: INDIANA JONES TRILOGY, HIGHLANDER, OUT OF AFRICA, THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO (most recent version,) STAR WARS A NEW HOPE AND EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, STEEL MAGNOLIAS, COLD MOUNTAIN, MEMENTO ...
But alas, I must stop somewhere. Here's some fun pics from MegaCon:
Dalek costume (there's a little girl inside and her dad's dressed as Dr. Who behind her. )
And the attack of Roxy the rancon from Return of the Jedi. My son ain't scared he's ready to take her down.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Are you participating in the blogfest? If not, what are some of your fave movies?