Wednesday, June 5, 2013

IWSG - Learning from the Negative

Summer is here! Wa-hoo!! Not only is it the first Wednesday of June, but the last week of school for my kids. I'm looking forward to sleeping in all summer (since I'll be working nights,) and spending lots of quality time with the fam.

Thanks to all who stopped by to give feedback on my WIP it Good post. I appreciate all your comments and suggestions!


I missed the post for IWSG last month, and certainly didn't want to miss it again, but I just happen to be guest blogging over at Laurel Garver's blog today on Learning from the Negative, and I think you may find my post useful, especially if you're a writer who struggles with any kind of insecurity. (Hey, who doesn't, right?)

So if you have a minute on your busy blog hop day, please hop on over to Laurel's Leaves and visit me. And if you don't already know Laurel, you'll want to. She's a fabulous writer with lots of great info!

(To get to more IWSG participants, click the picture above)

See you over at Laurel's .....

29 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We can learn from negative!

Julie Flanders said...

Really enjoyed your post over at Laurel's place. And I hadn't met her before so it was great to discover her blog. Happy summer, Pk! :)

Laurel Garver said...

This is an ingenious post, folks. Seriously. You want to read it. :-)

Thanks again, PK!

Karen Walker said...

Hi Pk - heading over

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Headed there now!!

Robin said...

off the Laurel's:D

LTM said...

ahh, I love summer, too! And sleeping in... :o) Laurel's a super bloggy friend. Running over to check out your post now~ <3

M. J. Joachim said...

Nice post over there - thanks for sharing!

SA Larsenッ said...

I just left a comment over on Julie's blog about taking the good from the negative. Seems to be the theme for today!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, PK,

We must be on the same wavelength today... I posted about the same thing. LOL. Heading over ...

Natalie Aguirre said...

Really enjoyed the guest post. Thanks for sharing it.

M.J. Fifield said...

Sounds like a perfect post for me. I'll head over there now.

nutschell said...

ooh hopping over to Laurel's!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Linda King said...

Have a lovely summer! Popping over there now :-)

S.K. Anthony said...

Loved it!

Andrew Leon said...

I want to sleep in, but, now that my oldest no longer has to get up at 5:30, the cat has decided he needs to wake me up at 3:30. Every night. And, then, the cat wakes the dog up, and it just goes on and on...

Mark Means said...

Heading over now :)

Editors At Work said...

Going there to read your post now...

Nas

Beth said...

Good luck with your guest post.

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

I've learned a lot in life from being negative, it still rears it;s ugly head but I know all will be well at the end.

Yvonne.

Brandon Ax said...

The negative can be a great teacher I'll pop over and check it out.

Lexa Cain said...

I went, I read, I commented. Great post, PK! :-)

jamieayres.com said...

Enjoy your summer with the fam! My fam and I are headed to O-town--Disney's Star Wars weekend :-)

michelle said...

I'm heading over there now----------

Milo James Fowler said...

Good post -- left you a comment over there. Can't wait for summer to start! Our last day is the 14th.

Donna Yates said...

Nice post. Always a struggle to not be negative.

C. Lee McKenzie said...

I'm trying to catch up after taking May off to regroup and get well. I'll stop by Laurel's to read your post.

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha,

And of course the kids *will* let you sleep in... :)

I wanted to say thanks very much for stopping by and commenting on my recent D-Day post. (I'm still working through all the comments!)

CSM Ryan's story has received an incredible amount of support and a HUGE *Thank you* goes to DL Hammons - and all the Blitzers :)

PS: Bill said to let everyone know he really appreciated all the personal comments directed his way :)

William Kendall said...

Excellent post, PK!