The second Wednesday of every month is a time for bloggers to share a bit of the Indie Life--what makes self-publishing viable and lucrative, and how we support each other through the process.
I'm not officially an Indie yet, but I really admire and respect those who have put the time and work into getting their books out there. And I'm considering ALL my options when it comes to my debut. For awhile now, I've been collecting data on the process of independent publishing, so if and when I choose that path, I'll know what to do.
Our very own blogosphere is a wealth of info. In particular, The Indelibles' blog, who host this monthly blogfest, and share all kinds of helpful tidbits on what to expect.
Click on the pic to get to their HDQ, but first, read on for my Indie Action Plan ...
Yep, you read that right, I'm forming an action plan for an Indie Debut. It feels like the right year for it, and hopefully by fall, I'll be ready. I'll be sharing every step of the way with you, my readers, so you can follow along on the process. But today, I'm sharing what I've devised so far, and hope you'll chime in with comments of anything you feel I may need to add.
1. Set date for book launch
2. Final polishing of manuscript
3. Hire a proofreader/copy editor
4. Hire a cover designer
5. Have author photo taken
6. Format ms for eBook, including author bio and pic, acknowledgments, dedication, table of contents
7. Set date for cover reveal a month prior to release
8. Obtain blogger sign-ups for cover reveal
9. Run cover reveal blogfest
9. Set blogfest date for actual book launch and obtain blogger sign-ups
10. Have eBooks ready to roll on platforms (probably Amazon KDP and launch digitally first)
11. Book Launch on same day as blogfest with massive giveaway and contest! (Note: the blogfests will include a fun question for bloggers to answer that relates to the book. It's all about having fun, not just about self-promo)
So there you have it! That's what I've got so far. Can you think of anything else to add? Or any suggestions to what I already have? I'm excited to include all of you and hope you'll have fun sharing the process with me. Don't forget to stop by The Indelibles for more info on the Indie Life.