Wednesday, September 4, 2013

IWSG Wednesday -- Celebrating Two Years!

Can you believe it's been two years since the Insecure Writers Support Group began?? Wow, that's a lot of posts. And we're still going strong! If you're not aware of the IWSG, or you've seen the posts but didn't know how to sign up, now's your chance to join the gang. 320 bloggers around the blogosphere have joined, and I guarantee you'll find everything from words of encouragement to kindred spirits.

Click the picture below to get to Alex j. Cavanaugh's blog (AKA: IWSG HDQ ... wow that's a lot of acronyms) and add your name to the list of participants, and/or hop around and make some new friends. But first! read on for a writer call to action from a certain kilt-wearing warrior ...


The following is a re-post from one of my earlier IWSG days, but in honor of our two year anniversary, I felt like it was a good reminder:

Write, and you may die ...

Run from your dreams, and you'll live ... at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this one to that, for one chance... just one chance to come back here and tell anyone who believed you couldn't do it, that even though they may not believe in you, they can never take away the belief you have in yourself!!!



What will you write with that freedom? What will you do with your dreams?

Now get out there and write as free men and women!

WRITERS UNITE!!

31 comments:

J. A. Bennett said...

I feel like I should scream as I open my book and start typing now. Thanks for the pep talk :)

Johanna Garth said...

Very inspirational. I still think about the advice of a friend who told me the only thing guaranteed with my writing is that if I didn't do it, I wouldn't ever have any success.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's awesome, PK! Inspiring way to celebrate two years of IWSG. Now, go forth and fight!

Old Kitty said...

them's fighting words! Yay!

May all your dreams come true lovely PK! Take care
x

Carole Anne Carr said...

Amazing, isn't it, two years! Thought I couldn't stand on the sideline any longer, P.K. Hope all your dreams come true.

sydneyaaliyah.com said...

Well, I am fired up. Thanks for the pep talk PK.

JL Stratton said...

Love this post! Of course, I love the Braveheart movie too. Very motivational. I now feel the passion to get out (in)there and write with an unfettered passion not before seen or experienced.

S.K. Anthony said...

OMG really awesome! I'm all inspired now.... lemme go write <3

Crystal Collier said...

Of if you're a dyslexic like me, WRITERS UNTIE! ;)

Love this. Sometimes we just need someone to kick us out the door and say, "Get to it, you!"

Judith said...

This was very energizing! Thanks!

Andrew Leon said...

No, no, wait a minute... I'm stuck at this writing causing this dying thing. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Is it like "smoking will kill you" or like "a bullet to the head will kill you"? I can probably live with it (heh) if it's like smoking.

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

Great post PK, I didn't realise it was two years since the group was started, three cheers to Alex.

Yvonne.

Candilynn Fite said...

Thanks for the pep talk, PK. :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Even though I haven't joined, I always enjoy these monthly posts.

Brandon Ax said...

I want to paint my face, take off my shirt, grab a sword and kilt and ... sit down at my computer and write...but like ferociously. O_O

~Sia McKye~ said...

Being a daughter of Scotland, well by way of ancestors, does that count? lol!

You have to believe in yourself. Sure you'll have those moments of insecurities, so what? Life is filled with them and my philosophy is if you let insecurities stop you you might as stop living. :-)

Enjoyed the clip and the post!

Sia McKye Over Coffee

Editors At Work said...

Very inspirational post. Thanks.

Nas.

Chrys Fey said...

Inspiring!

What will I write with that freedom? EVERYTHING!!!! What will I do with my dreams? Make them come true and dream even more! ;)

Norma Beishir said...

I could use a good kick in the backside right now....

Braveheart, huh?

Denise Covey said...

How inspirational, Pk. Freedom. Such a word. The freedom to write what we like is a massive freedom.

Donna Hole said...

Yes, a truly inspirational quote!

......dhole

Lexa Cain said...

Eeeek!!! Scary man with a blue face wants me to write and die fighting! Can I choose to run away from my dreams, please? lol

letscutthecrap said...

One can always use inspiration now and again. This is awesome. Thanks.

DMS said...

Fabulous inspiration! Love it. :)
~Jess

E.J. Wesley said...

This post makes me want to write... and lay siege to a castle! LOL

William Kendall said...

I feel like writing.

Or beheading an Englishman with a broadsword.

Mark Means said...

Nothing short of awesome, P.K.!

What a great inspiration, thank you :)

Al Diaz said...

That has to be my favorite part of Braveheart and now you have improved it so much! Hear the dragon's war cry. YEAH!

Tara Tyler said...

i cant believe its been 2 years! i think i only missed one!

awesome advice! and love how you said it! die trying!
happy friday!

michelle said...

You've fired us up PK!
Thanks for the boost...
Writer In Transit

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Wow, great post, PK. I know there are dreams I left behind as I grew older. Things happen, and those dreams don't seem near as important any longer. It's all about family and love and family.

Great post!