Thursday, September 12, 2013

NA Thursday

Every Thursday I'm featuring New Adult titles. Not sure what NA is? It's those fabulous years between age eighteen and twenty-six, when high school is a thing of the past, and you find yourself fumbling through adulthood, yet not fully accountable. (le sigh)

It was my favorite time of life so far. The only time I didn't have to answer to anyone but myself. But that didn't mean it wasn't without its challenges, and NA stories are centered around those challenges.

If you write, or are interested in writing NA, come join us every Thursday at 9pm EST on Twitter for NALitChat. There's an audio, as well as active chatting on everything having to do with NA writing and publishing. It's a great group of people who will welcome you into the group with open arms.

And it was started by our fabulous blogger friend, EJ Wesley, author of the NA Moonsongs series.

Find the schedule on the NALitChat home page.  And be sure to stop by NA Alley for updates on everything NA! Click picture below to get there:



Now for a brand new NA release from a brand new author ....




********************************************************************************


 Behind the Faerying Mysts, hidden from Mortal eyes, is a land where gods and creatures of myth and legend dwell. And in the Mortal Realm, their Princess is hidden away.
Quinn Sinclair lives an ordinary life with her less-than-loving mother in Conifer, Colorado, clueless of her true nature. On the night of her bithday, a staggering betrayal sends her life spinning out-of-control. As she struggles to pick up the pieces, a vision of a man with haunting tourmaline-blue eyes begs her for help, and she is transported into a Magykal battle-forever changing her life. 
    Arik Morgaine - Demigod bad boy and outcast of the Magykal Realm - tried to avoid contact with Princess Quinn for eighteen years, not wanting to make good on an old threat. But the fates have other plans. Arik can no longer deny his growing desire for Quinn, or the need to protect her from those wanting to control her burgeoning powers.


    Can the two of them come together and save the Magykal Realm from being destroyed by the Darkest of Magyks?

Dawna Raver is an author of paranormal romance and urban fantasy. Color Wielders, book one of the Heirs of the Magykal Realm series, is her debut novel. When she's not spending tim ein her fantasy world, Dawn loves football, reading, and pretending she's a top chef in the kitchen. Oh, and fawning over her dogs and husband, sometimes in that order.

You can find Dawn's website here. To enter the Rafflecopter for a chance to win her book, go here and enter code DAWNAPK in number 17.


Thanks for stopping by! I just got a peek at my cover today. *happy dance* Can't wait to share it!
So what do you think about those New Adult years? Did you, or do you, like them? Please share ...

20 comments:

Summer Ross said...

Lovely cover!
~Summer

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah, really cool cover.

William Kendall said...

A very memorable cover. Thanks for profiling it, PK!

Michelle Wallace said...

That's a great cover! Love the flowing fabric...
Can't wait to see your cover sistah! Yay!
Writer In Transit

Morgan said...

Every time I see EJ's name I smile! Dawna's work looks fantastic--I'm excited for her! I agree the cover is lovely. And you got to see your cover, PK? That's sooooo exciting!!! Stoked for you!!! :D

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I've started typing up a few pages of an NA and I'm finding it's a lot of fun! It was such a good age...I agree with the le sigh.

I'll have to remember to stop in and check out the chat!

And good luck to Donna...cover is amazing!

Romance Reader said...

Hi PK.

Both sounds intriguing. And waiting eagerly for your cover.

Nas

Kelly Steel said...

The covers and the blurbs sound good.

Congratulations on getting a peek at your cover!

Jessica Lawson said...

Congrats to Dawna! And NA really seems to be taking off~ I feel like more and more agents are looking for it :)

Norma Beishir said...

Excellent cover!

No wonder I don't get NA--I'm too old to remember when I was an NA!

Robin said...

Great cover. I can't wait to see yours. And yes, those NA years were awkward and crazy and oh, so fun!

Kittie Howard said...

Gorgeous cover! NA books are the wave of the future! Looking forward to your cover reveal. Have a great weekend!

Damyanti said...

Congratulations to Dawna...that sounds like a very engrossing book! Amazing cover, too.

Misha Gericke said...

The story sounds lovely.

Can't wait to see your cover!

E.J. Wesley said...

Thank you so much for the shootouts PK! Dawna is a NA star in the making for sure!

My NA years were the best. Truly grew into the person I am today during college. I learned to mine for what I really thought Vs what I'd been taught--and learned they were often exactly the same thing. But I'm convinced I never would've found those few, crucial differences had I not had the chance to experience the world as an adult, but with a young person's mindset.

Can't wait to see the cover, lady!

T C Mckee said...

Dude! Long time no see! Great cover, great concept. Recently I started reading some NA and I have to say, I just love it!!! It's about time it has a place in the reading world. Cannot wait to see your cover. Hit me up and I will plaster it everywhere!

Tammy Theriault said...

i shall head over and check her out! love ya PK!

Denise Covey said...

What a stunning cover! And the story sounds wonderful too. Thanks Pk. I loved the YA years!

nutschell said...

i love this! NA definitely needs to be spotlighted more. Lovely to meet Dawna!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Interesting NALitChat group.