Monday, September 9, 2013

Plunging In

Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by here! So I had to go ahead and plunge in ...



Yep, I created a Facebook author page. Talk about holding myself accountable ....

I've always kept my writing life separate from Facebook since it's mostly old friends and family there. But now they ALL know I plan on releasing a book. Not that it was a secret, but well, you know, now it's all out in the open.

But it's cool. Feels good to own it. And in case I didn't officially announce it here yet, I'm releasing my indie debut this November. Got a lot to do til then. I'll be hosting a themed blogfest late October and I'll have more on that later once my button arrives. :)

And here's my FACEBOOK AUTHOR PAGE. I plan on keeping it up to date alongside the ol' blog here, and if you're on Facebook, I'd love to have you join the page and/or friend me.

Also, if you have your own author page or whatnot, leave me a link so I can "like" it.

Discussing Author Pages in a writers' forum the other day, we came to the conclusion that they're the best way to reach new readers in this day and age. It offers quick, easy promotional opportunities, as well as an easy way for fans and audience to find you. Best advice I've heard so far, is to update the page 1-2 times a day, excluding Saturdays since it seems to be a slow day.

I thought that was good advice. And the consensus was that uploaded graphics and giveaways work best in keeping followers active.

Now, how about some new releases! Hot off the presses:

THE SECOND SHADOW by Elizabeth Arroyo

Jake thought being demon meant a shredded humanity, stripped of all human emotion. Chaos and self-preservation dominates a demon’s instincts. But Jake feels every ounce of pain and despair around him.
And it’s driving him deeper into Hell.
Gabby’s choice to save him last summer left a fissure in Hell’s gate that released a malevolent evil. When Jake’s given a mission by the demons to shadow a human girl who may know the whereabouts of an ethereal weapon, he doesn’t expect to see Gabby. But Fate has her own agenda.
When Jake and Gabby are thrown together on a camping trip with a group of delinquent teens, Jake begins to grapple with the haunting choices he made in the past.  When the evil finds them, the group begins to battle for their lives, alliances are made, and truths revealed.
As the evil begins to influence Jake, he questions his link to the demons, his purpose, and his love for Gabby.

But the answers to those questions are only found in Hell. And it may cost him his soul.

You can find Elizabeth on her website  and how to purchase The Second Shadow which is available NOW!

And also just released:



LOVE AND LIES by Jennifer Duffey

Blurb: Nineteen-year-old Carissa Stein has spent her life under the shadow of bodyguards and parents who never really cared about her, but leaving New York to attend art school in New Orleans is her way out. 
She's thrilled to be free and ready to explore love, drawing, and life without a constant watchdog. When Eric Byrne, new guy extraordinaire, shows up on the first day of classes everything starts to change. There's something more than his stunning eyes and gorgeous body that pulls her in. Carissa would rather be single than deal with the complications of a relationship, especially with a determined guy like Eric. But he fights past her walls and makes it hard to stay away. Carissa wants to be with Eric – but she wants her freedom too and Eric isn’t willing to let her go. 
When Eric reciprocates and lets his own guard down Carissa finally learns the truth about why he moved to New Orleans. She should have known better than to ignore her gut instinct. Turns out Eric's got more of a connection to her than she realized. If Eric can't convince her to give him another chance then his lies may just cause love to slip through their fingers.

You can find Jennifer here: BLOG
                                            TWITTER 
                                           FACEBOOK
                                           PINTEREST
                                          GOODREADS

Click on the cover for purchase link.

That's all folks! Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a Facebook author page? Have you felt it's helped or hindered you? Anyone know how to add a button to my blog for easy author "likes?"

31 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm not on Facebook so I don't have an author page. I'm sure it would help but I just don't have time for another social media platform.

Old Kitty said...

I'm not on FB but I clicked to see your page and it's looking good and so are you! Yay!

Take care
x

James Garcia Jr. said...

I love Alex's comment! He's so right. I have dutifully liked your page and wish you much success with it, PK. Glad to see it!
Have a good week, my friend.

-Jimmy

Yolanda Renee said...

Congratulations on all your success, and your new author page. I still haven't figured out if likes translate to sales, but always willing to give it a try.

Your book sounds intriguing!


https://www.facebook.com/pages/Murder-Madness-Love/202510393095051

Norma Beishir said...

Already "Liked" your FB Author page, PK!

SA Larsenッ said...

I love Elizabeth's latest cover! Have it, too.

And I liked your FB page. :)

Libby said...

Setting up an author page is on my to do list for this week!

Beth said...

Tell us more about your book!

Barbara Watson said...

Congrats to you! Setting up that Author Page is a big step. Best to you in the new ventures.

Tony Van Helsing said...

Congratulations, consider your page 'liked'.

Julie Flanders said...

Congrats on your author page, you're doing a great job with it already. :)

Johanna Garth said...

Good for you! I'll stop by and LIKE it!

Jay Noel said...

Okay, so my posts on my Author Page doesn't reach EVERY one of those that liked it. What's the deal? I've gotten emails about purchasing the ability for all my Likers to get all of my posts.

That's just crazy.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks for the advice on an author page. I've wondered about that. And good luck with the book release.

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

I have gone back to face book but have been blocked for adding too many friends, so will look you up at the end of the month. or you can "Friend" me.

Yvonne.

mooderino said...

I'm the same as Alex, no time for another platform so no FB for me. Let us know if it helps.

mood
Moody Writing

Andrew Leon said...

I'll pop over to your page.
I don't have an author page because I haven't seen the need for one beyond my own profile, at this point, but I do have a page for House. Not that I use it much, but I thought I would when I set it up all those many years ago.

Chrys Fey said...

Congrats on your indie debut! I can't wait to find out more about it! :) I am going to like your page right now through my page, which is: www.facebook.com.chrysfey

Good luck with you book and your page! :)

SC Author said...

You took the FB plunge!!! Good luck with your book :)

E.J. Wesley said...

I'm going to sniff you out on FB! :D Ive mixed feelings about it, mostly because I'm not sure what I'm doing over there. (Surprise! LOL)

aman kesherwani said...

Nice Site I Am Impresed

World Largest Mp3 Collection......Sites

songspk

Boss songspk

songspk

Boss songspk

mp3 download

Fresher Requirtment


William Kendall said...

Looks like you've got a spammer directly above my comment...

I've found your page there, and liked. I do have an author's page myself, but until the book's set to go, mostly I just link my blog posts there.

Robin said...

PK-I'm excited for you and this new adventure of self-pub. I've been out of everything internet for awhile, but I'm getting back in and wanted to congratulate you both on your decision and your ability to JUMP in and get your novel out there:D

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats on your author page, PK.. Already liked it. I will set one up when I have a book coming out. I may do one for my service though, when the wrist heal more.....

jamieayres.com said...

I do have an Author FB page . . . it wasn't an option. My publisher created it for me and said, "Do it!" LOL. I'm not that great with it. I think you probably have more like than I do in the past 2 days than I've gotten in the past 8 months!

Misha Gericke said...

I don't have one yet, but I will need one in the near future, I think...

E. Arroyo said...

Thanks for the shout-out. =)

Candilynn Fite said...

Yup, and I liked, too. :)))

Brandon Ax said...

I joined up. Thanks for joining mine. I try to update it but I need to do better.

Editors At Work said...

I liked your page. Congratulations on setting it up!

Nas

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Congrats on setting up the FB Author page. I'm clicking over to like it now. . .