Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Nerdiest Thing About Me ...

Happy Fall, all! My favorite time of year! Although, it's been raining solid for two days in my neck of the woods. I may as well move to Seattle for all the rain we've had this year. But I'm not complaining--I love the rain! Except, I'd rather be in the Pacific NW if I'm going to be living in it on a regular basis.

Okay, okay, enough chit chat, right? Right. (too much coffee this morning...lol)

You're here for the nerdiest bloghop yet. In honor of Cassie Mae's How to Date A Nerd release, we're posting on our nerdiest attributes.




Back when I was in school in the 80s, being a nerd was a bad thing.  Revenge of the Nerds was a huge movie, and of course, McFly from Back to the Future really solidfied the part of what makes nerds nerdy. They were made fun of and harassed, which was a shame, but I mention it because nowadays being nerdy seems way more hip. 

Go Nerds! *highfive*

Find it on GoodReads!

The nerdiest thing about me is probably my love of sci-fi and fantasy. Like McFly, I'd rather sit in my room and dream up sci-fi stories , or read a book and watch a movie, instead of going to the school dance---well, actually, I'd do it all. After my nerd-fabulous session, I'd go to the dance and get down. I'm a firm believer that anyone can be both nerdy, and socially suave. 

Just takes a little work. McFly was learning this too. ;)

(pic credit: backtothefuture.wikia.com)

McFlys of the world, I salute you! 

This is a bloghop, so be sure to hop over to Cassie Mae's for more particpants and find out who all the nerds are. 

And don't forget, I'm hosting my very own blogfest to celebrate my upcoming cover reveal! Just click on the top picture of my sidebar, or click on the one below to learn more and sign up! If you can't post on the 16th, no worries, just post whenever you can! And if you don't want to participate in the blogfest, you can still sign up to help with my cover reveal, and I'll love you forever. Mwah!
To those of you who've already signed up, you're the bestest!! ((hugs))



Thanks so much for stopping by! SO tell me, what's the nerdiest thing about YOU??

33 comments:

Fida Islaih said...

I like this! We can always be both!

Barbara Watson said...

For me, nerd has become synonymous with geek which usually means some cute and smart computer person. :-)

Catherine Stine said...

Nerdiest thing about me? I am, and was always a total bookworm. Just signed up for your cover reveal, BTW.

J. A. Bennett said...

Maybe it was Back to the Future that started the 'cool nerd' trend. Who knows? But I've always been a day dreamer so I totally identify with that :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your love of science fiction is what makes you and uber-cool nerd!

Linda King said...

Yay, mix it up! Nerds can be super-cool too!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Love it- nerdy and socially suave! Love the fun cover, too- congrats to Cassie. Hope it stops raining soon- as you know, here in CO we have had so much rain it is crazy and most everyone is flooded. Best to you.

Andrew Leon said...

It changes the perception when all the 80s nerds grew up and became computer millionaires. Now, if only my parents had let me have that computer I wanted when I was 13.

Robin said...

I am a HUGE fan of Back to the Future. Hey McFly!...

Natalie Aguirre said...

Love that being a nerd includes love of fantasy and sci-fi. That's me too.

Julie Flanders said...

I loved Mr. McFly LOL. Back to the Future was such a great movie.
Fall is my favorite time of year too, I love it. Hope the rain stops for you soon!

S Miller said...

Sci-fi ROCKS!

Kittie Howard said...

I like how people can be both. I'd enter the fest but I'm up to my eyeballs getting A-Z smoothed out for the Oct. pub.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I married a nerd. A nerd with amazing abs. :D

I love the cover for the book. He's one hot looking nerd.

(And I love your release date, PK. That's hilarious.)

Melissa said...

I'm unashamedly a nerd. LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Lexa Cain said...

Now that "Big Bang Theory" is such a huge hit - it's cool to be a nerd. Happy Nerdiness! :-)

Chrys Fey said...

You're right. Now-a-days being a nerd isn't what it once was. Now you're a nerd if you're obsessed about something, anything. I had fun participating in this blog hop, and my own obsession makes me pretty nerdy. ;)

E.J. Wesley said...

Love that Back to the Future pic! LOL WOOT! for Cassie! Fantastic title. :D

Susan Kane said...

In High school, I carried a copy of Edith Hamilton's book on Greek Mythology to read on the never-ending bus ride home. Everyone left me alone.

William Kendall said...

@Susan: I've got a copy of that somewhere!

I'm a comics reader, so at least in that, I qualify.

Crystal Collier said...

Oh boy, nerdy things... I had to have straight A's. In fact, I was so adamant about it that one of my teachers gave me an award for being "the most paranoid" student. (Because I was ALWAYS asking her what my grade was.) I'm trying to figure out how to fit your hop into my already booked blog. Hm... Maybe I can tie it into a Funny Friday...

Old Kitty said...

I wear glasses? Is that nerdy? :-)

Yay! take care
x

Tara Tyler said...

nerdy is the new cool!!!
great post =)
yay for cassie, queen of the nerds!

DAVID WALSTON said...

The 80's I had a Mullet...
Love the Back to the Future trilogy.

"Silence, Earthling! My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan!"

Classic

Kelly Polark said...

What a cute idea for a blogfest! And darling book!

I'm definitely part nerd. Huge Star Wars fan. I had the nerdy glasses growing up. Good grades, goody-goody. Nose in a book. :)

~Sia McKye~ said...

Oooh, I've always love sci-fi. I loved seeing the new gadgets and see the world created by the author. I guess that sorta puts me into nerdy. Kinda. I do love to know how things work and why they work--I like observing people for the same reason. Choices and actions fascinate me.

Nice to learn a bit more about you. :-)

Sia McKye Over Coffee


jamieayres.com said...

Oh, my HP and Star Wars obsession for sure :-)

jamieayres.com said...

Oh, my HP and Star Wars obsession for sure :-)

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

I have come across many nerds in my life, happily to say NONE on Blogland.

Yvonne.

Alex Villasante said...

I would have to do a lot of blog posts to list ALL my nerdy interests. This is how I know I'm a nerd. I like something. Then I really like something. Then I get sort of obsessive about that something. Then I buy tea towels with that thing plastered all over them. Sigh. I have a lot of tea towels. Can't wait for your blog hop!

Norma Beishir said...

There IS a difference between nerds and geeks, isn't there?

ilima said...

I love McFly.

Cassie Mae said...

That McFly picture made me laugh and smile through this whole thing. Geeks, nerds, dorks...they are ALL awesome :)

I'd rather sit and read or dream than go to a party any day, lol.

Thank you for hopping!