Monday, October 7, 2013

Moonless and Escalation

Monday, Monday, how you come too soon! After a weekend of camping in fabulous weather, I was reluctant to return. But here I am, and it's going to be a great week! So much happening in the writer world with releases and new resources. It's one busy month!

On the Memoir and Backstory Blog Challenge front, I'm sticking with featuring brief memory snippets from various stages of life. This week, the teen years! Back in middle school, the hours were later than the rest of the schools, so I had the house to myself while I got ready for school and waited for the bus. This was MY time. For a thirteen year old girl, privacy is an elusive thing, so having these morning hours was bliss. I'd turn on my music, and at that age, it was all about INXS. They were my fave and the album, Kick, was a hot release. I'd blare it and sing and dance around the house while picking out the perfect outfit and plastering my hair with copious amounts of Aqua-net hairspray. 

Oh yeah. Tween PK was happenin'. LOL. Whatever song was the last to play before catching the bus would stick in my head the rest of the day. I was pretty much always singing to myself in those wonderful early teen years. 

*sigh*

Today's the cover reveal for Crystal Collier's Moonless ...


Alexia’s nightmares become reality: a dead baron, red-eyed wraiths, and forbidden love with a man hunted by these creatures. After an attack close to home, Alexia realizes she cannot keep one foot in her old life and one in this new world. To protect her family she must either be sold into a loveless marriage, or escape with her beloved and risk becoming one of the Soulless. Click on the cover for purchase links!

Crystal Collier is a former composer/writer for Black Diamond Productions. She can be found practicing her brother-induced ninja skills while teaching children or madly typing about fantastic and impossible creatures. She has lived from coast to coast and now calls Florida home with her creative husband, three littles, and “friend” (a.k.a. the zombie locked in her closet). Secretly, she dreams of world domination and a bottomless supply of cheese. You can find her on her blog and Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.

And Stephen Tremp is releasing Escalation:


In Escalation, the final installment to Stephen Tremp’s Breakthrough Trilogy, a seemingly innocent discovery in Einstein-Rosen Bridges, or wormholes, becomes a Pandora’s Box—opening doors to other unexpected and unpredictable realities such as parallel universes, time/space travel, and an evil hitchhiker from another dimension. 
 
Chase Manhattan has survived attempts on his life from numerous sources in his effort to destroy the technology. But he is far from safe. Now Chase and his comrades must not only break world renowned physicist Professor Nicholas Fischer out of prison a second time, but also smuggle him across hostile borders in Europe and the Middle East to prevent events threatening to spiral into World War III. 
At stake: an end to Western civilization as we know it. The result: an epic clash where science and the supernatural take center stage, vying for mankind’s destiny. The setting is global as the world divides into an East vs. West climactic battle. The action is swift, adrenaline-charged, and non-stop. Unending twists and turns will keep the reader turning pages and wanting more.
Together, Breakthrough, Opening, and Escalation follow the lives of the unlikely participants from innocence to a coming of age through sacrifice, betrayal, passion, lust, unconditional love, and hope. Escalation will appeal to fans of modern-day science fiction, action, and horror.
You can find Stephen Tremp on his blog, where he shares scientific tips that you won't want to miss! He's also on Facebook, Twitter, and GoodReads

Wow, two fabulous releases from blogger friends! This is so great, right?? Congrats to both! If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Crystal and Stephen yet, head over now!

Thanks to everyone who's signed up for my cover reveal for next week! I love how supportive this community is. I'm super excited to read everyone's entry! 

And also, did you hear? IWSG has its own website and Facebook page now? It's an exciting resource! Here's the link: http://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/

See you back here on Wednseday for Indie Life! Do you have a memory from your tween or teen years that sticks out? Are you excited for Moonless and Escalation? Been to visit the IWSG site yet? Or let me know how your weekend was! 

32 comments:

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

I have been reading much about these two wonderful books. There are so many great authors around blogging, I'm pleased they are getting the chance to publicise their books.

Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations Chrystal and Stephen!
Ready for your cover reveal, PK.

Crystal Collier said...

Yay! Now I've totally got the image of a tween Pk dancing around and singing. =) Cute.

Thanks so much for the help! You are awesomesauce.

Pat Dilloway said...

So many covers, so little time.

Carrie-Anne said...

Congratulations to Crystal and Stephen!

I wish I could forget everything that happened during my junior high years, since I'm a survivor of bullying, but the memories will live as long as I do.

Yolanda Renee said...

Love the teen picture of you singing and spraying your hair! Time alone was a luxury when I was a teen, as I had 3 brothers, and a sister who shared my room!

Great cover reveals, Congrats to all!

Siv Ottem said...

Congratulations Chrystal and Stephen!
Looking forward to your cover reveal PK.

Kittie Howard said...

Congratulations, Chrystal and Stephen! You're all over Blogville, today, YAY! You're the second and third books I've noted down today.

Ahhhh, the teen years!

Panda Ninja said...

Congrats to Chrystal and Stephen! :)
Also, I'm looking forward to your big cover reveal, PK. I know it will be great!

Old Kitty said...

Yay for Crystal and Stephen!!

And glad you got ME time during your tween years! Thanks for sharing and yay for a fab camping weekend too! Take care
x

Stephen Tremp said...

Best wishes to Crystal and thanks for the shout out for Escalation! Much appreciated!

And I'm all set for your reveal next week.

Johanna Garth said...

Great covers! And I think Aqua Net hairspray is a defining characteristic of Gen Xers! :)

cleemckenziebooks said...

Wow! I know these guys. How lucky I am to actually know authors. Congratulations to them both!

Karen Walker said...

Oh, Pk, I was always singing as well. I still have songs that get stuck in my head, particularly when I'm trying to go to sleep.
Congrats to everyone with their book releases. Lots happening in the blogosphere.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I've been waiting for Stephen's book. I'm going to check it out right now.

Libby said...

Moonless cover is gorgeous. I'll be posting it soon as well. :)

Barbara Watson said...

Cover reveal and a book release! Awesome.

You're so right. Completely alone time is so rare for an early teen!

Jay Noel said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Fall is a great time to go camping.

Looking forward to reading Stephen's trilogy.

Kelly Steel said...

Congratulations Chrystal and Stephen!

Looking forward to your cover reveal PK!

Jane Ann McLachlan said...

Love the image of you as a teen - so happy and carefree. I get the feeling you're still a free spirit today!
Great reviews, and nice of you to write them on your blog.
And Congratulations!
Jane Ann

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Congratulations to Stephen and Crystal! I love both of their covers. The new IWSG site is awesome!

William Kendall said...

Ah, INXS, back in the day before their singer met a bad end and they thought recruiting talent show trash was a good idea.

Congratulations, Crystal and Stephen!

Norma Beishir said...

This made me think of my own teen years--way before yours.

I was into The Monkees....

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

I love eighties music, though I was born in the middle of the decade. I didn't like nineties music...

Angie said...

privacy as a teen is so important. Teen memory.. So many to choose from. What stands out for me are the times my mom took the time to sing with me, to be silly with me.

Deb Stone said...

I remember seeing Tom Cruise dancing in Risky Business and thinking, I wish I'd done that. There was never enough privacy for such fun, and my childhood home was often so messy there would not have been room. Have to have order to create chaos, you know?

Amanda M. Darling said...

I loved the image of dancing around to music. We shouldn't forget to do that kind of thing as adults either. :)

Joy said...

I remember when songs meant that much. It's a fun time in life.

Joy's Book Blog

lesliehauser.com said...

INXS...I can remember those days. I appreciate my teen years much more now.

Meradeth Houston said...

Major congrats to both authors!! Can't wait to read these books. Also, totally loving the visual of singing and dancing around with hairspray :)

Susanne Drazic said...

CONGRATS to both Crystal and Stephen. Great covers!

redcatdance said...

I spent a lot of time singing at the top of my lungs too. Time to try that again I think!