Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Welcome to My Haunted House ...

Ah, I see you've arrived. Please, won't you come in ....


                                                                       *CREAK*



I must say, you are looking quite ... healthy. Let's have some dinner, shall we? We'll start with some finger foods ...


Before the main course arrives ...


Nothing like fresh intestines for a nutritional, feel-good meal. Shall we retire to the library for an after-dinner drink and entertainment?


Ah, that was lovely. So glad you enjoyed it. What's that? You're feeling sleepy all of a sudden? Allow me to offer you a room for the night. It would be of no trouble. I'm sure you will be quite ... comfortable.

Fido will show you to your room ...


Good luck ... er, uh, that is ... Goodnight. And Happy Halloween. Muhahahahahaha.....


For more Halloween fun, head over to Denise Covey's blog for a list of participants sharing some spooky spirits with the blogosphere.

Do you  have a favorite tradition or spooky costume? Tell me all about it in the comments. I went to a Halloween ball once where these ladies were the hit of the party:


And it was hilarious when they danced to Thriller on the Wii's Michael Jackson Experience in full costume. Good memories!

Great news for some fellow writer friends! The awesome Julie Musil has revealed her cover this week for her debut:



Santa Ana winds + matches = disaster. You’d think he would've learned that the first time he started a fire.

Learn all about it by clicking HERE to get to GoodReads and adding it to your list. 

You can find Julie on her blog, FaceBook, Twitter

She always shares amazing writer info, so if you're not following her somewhere, you really should be!!

Also today is NA Thursday! 


Julianne counts the days until she can pack her bags and leave her old-money, tradition-bound Southern town where appearance is everything and secrecy is a way of life. A piano virtuoso, she dreams of attending a prestigious music school in Boston. Failure is not an option, so she enlists the help of New England Conservatory graduate Isaac Laroche to help her.
She can’t understand why he suddenly gave up Boston’s music scene to return to the South. He doesn’t know her life depends on escaping it. Julianne must face down madness from without, just as it threatens from within. Isaac must resist an inappropriate attraction, but an indiscretion at a Mardi Gras ball-the pinnacle event for Mobile’s elite-forces their present wants and needs to collide with sins of the past.
Will Julianne accept the help she’s offered and get everything she ever wanted, or will she self-destruct and take Isaac down with her?

Click HERE to get to the Rafflecopter and sign up to win a copy of WANT. Enter the code STEPHPK in entry # 16. Good luck! And congrats to Stephanie!


So what are your favorite Halloween memories? Don't forget to hop over to Denise's! And have a spook-tastic Halloween! 

By the way, Butterman (Time) Travel is now available for pre-sale on Amazon as an eBook and it's broken into the Top 100 time travel bestsellers! Yay! Thanks to everyone for your support!! 

42 comments:

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

A great blog, enjoyed reading it, right up my street,

Yvonne.

SA Larsenッ said...

This was great! 'Fido will show you to your room...' Love that part!

Halloween tradition: We live in a pretty tight-knit neighborhood. All the kids head out together, while the dads follow and the moms park on front lawns, passing out candy. After all that's completed, the kids partake in their annual 'Candy Swap'. It's pretty funny listening to them making deals. lol

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's awesome it's in the top one hundred!
Now pass the intestines...

Natalie Aguirre said...

The intestines totally grossed me out. Great creepy post.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Yeah, I wouldn't be eating any of those intestines ...

My husband makes deviled eggs that look like eyeballs. They taste okay, but aren't really appetizing.

For Halloween, we LOVE to watch Hocus Pocus and/or Addams Family Values.

Donna Hole said...

Ah, fond memories PK :)

wonderful contributions.

........dhole

Miranda Hardy said...

Yummy intestines! Lol, not sure I want fido showing me anything though.

R. Mac Wheeler said...


What Phun

DAVID WALSTON said...

Fun!...I mean RUN!!
great post love this time of year!

Robin said...

So fun! Perfect for Halloween. Those intestines were nasty!

Crystal Collier said...

Wahoo! Congrats on breaking the top 100. That's amazing.

Let's see, a favorite tradition or spooky costume... It's lame, but pumpkin carving is the one tradition that's stayed in our house. Oh and costume wise, you should have seen the year my youngest was a Jack in the Box. Now THAT was an epic costume. (Homemade.)

Barbara Watson said...

Creepy post. Halloween-y stuff truly does creep me out...

Johanna Garth said...

I love a good Halloween party. Usually we have tons of Halloween decorations, but everything is packed away in Portland so this year it's Halloween-lite.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I hardly ever dress up for Halloween. Too many years wishing for the cheap, plastic costumes from the store and having my mom make me one scars.

Love the finger food. Impressive!

Chrys Fey said...

I don't think I'll be coming over to your house. Ever. LOL! Great post!

Andrew Leon said...

Oh, man, you forgot the chilled eyeballs!

LD Masterson said...

Oh thank you for not including any spiders. My arachnophobia is so bad, even pictures of spiders freak me out. This is not my favorite time of year. *shudder*

Kelly Steel said...

It was great fun! Loved it!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Congrats on breaking the top 100!

Robin said...

Finger foods! Hahahahaha.

Norma Beishir said...

PK, you have just discovered the world's most effective appetite suppressant!

Happy Halloween!

William Kendall said...

Fido seems strangely familiar somehow!

Happy Hallowe'en, PK!

Yolanda Renee said...

Great party! Thanks for the invitation, but I'll pass on the food, the room, and pretty much all of it. Except for the dancing nuns! That'd be cool!

Trick or Treat and Happy Halloween!

Denise Covey said...

Now Pk, I was about to go have lunch but the sight of that finger food rightly put me off. I think I'm outta here...not sleepovers tonight!
Creepy as...loved the house pic at the beginning. Awesome.

Thanks for this 'fun' post for Haunting Halloween. Thanks for handing out the food and offering accommodation.

If you get an email re inlinkz and wonder why - your link led to a spurious site again - I deleted it and added a direct link.

Denise

Leandra Wallace said...

That was certainly entertaining! And those ladies- whoever did their makeup knows a thing or two. *shiver*

Jane Ann McLachlan said...

Very cute!

Shannon Lawrence said...

This was fun! I quite enjoyed the feast and just want to pat Fido on the head.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Jenny Brigalow said...


Thanks for the hospitality. Pass the finger bowl please ....

Michelle Wallace said...

Eeeeeeek! *puts hands over eyes* I'm a scaredy-cat...
Congrats on your book hitting the Amazon Top 100 Time Travel bestsellers sistah! *virtual high-5's*
Happy Halloween!
Writer In Transit

Old Kitty said...

I'm scared!! Help!! Treats only please and lots of it!! LOL!!

Happy happy happy Halloween!!! The Kitty Sisters are totally super awesome!! Take care
x

Susanne Drazic said...

Great post for Halloween. CONGRATS on your book news!

James Garcia Jr. said...

Yikes! Um, I'm sorry. I realize I just got here, but I just remembered an important thing I neglected at work... You know what? I'll see if I can finish it quickly, and then I'll just come right back. Ok? #scaredycat
Congrats on the new book, P.K. Wishing you the very best with it.

-Jimmy

JJ said...

I have a rescue dog that looks just like Fido. Hmmm. Maybe that's why we had fewer trick or treat visits last year.

Donna Hole said...

Oh that was fun. I think I'll lose Fido somewhere along the way, lol.

Loved the Halloween Party.

.....dhole

Li said...

Very creative, especially the "finger food". I'd love to have a tray of those to habd out to kids next year!

E.J. Wesley said...

Why are nuns so freaky? Even without the ghoulish makeup! LOL

Hope you had a great Halloween, PK!

Julie Musil said...

Congratulations to you on top 100! Congratulations to Stephanie!

And thanks so much for featuring my cover. I truly appreciate it!

Anna Nordeman said...

Dear PK,
What fun.
Nice to meet you!
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's WEP-Challenge for October: Haunting

N. R. Williams said...

Fido cracked me up and for some reason I kept hearing 'Hotel California' playing in the back of my head. Loved it and needed it.
Nancy

The Armchair Squid said...

Great post, PK! I think the finger food was my favorite.

Vesper said...

I loved this! And I did come in! :-) :-) :-)

Brad maddox said...

Genuines Works of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans
www.jobzcorner.com