Tuesday, December 24, 2013

50 States of Pray -- Florida



Merry Christmas Eve! Today, bloggers around the sphere are posting about blessings and giving back. A perfect time of year to be thankful and generous, but it shouldn't be limited to this one month only, right?

Mark Koopmans spawned the idea for this blogfest, and I hope you'll visit his blog today for a list of bloggers who are also sharing, representing the state of the U.S. they live in, as well as various parts of the world.

2013 has been a fantastic adventure for me. It's the year I became a published author, and watched fellow writer friends do the same. I'm so proud and honored to be a part of this writer/blogging community. So many of you helped spread the word on my book by participating in my time trip blogfest, as well as purchasing and reading and reviewing--not because I asked, but because you have genuine hearts of gold.

So from me to you, THANK YOU.

Karma is a reality. You truly do reap what you sow. So for all of you who give selflessly, it does come back around, sometimes in bigger ways than you ever expected.

I've been thinking of ways I can give back to this community. I purchase new releases when I can, and review them after I read, when I can. I think for all of us the biggest obstacle in our giving back is time. In this writerly world of creating the best possible story, exchanging critiques and beta reads, publishing and promos, aside from our daily jobs and families, we don't always have the luxury of reading everyone's full works, and/or reviewing.

That's why I'm opening up a monthly "Write It Right Review" as my way of giving back to you. It's simple enough. Each month around the 15th, I'll let you know when the window opens and closes, and during that time you can email me your query or blurb for a full critique. (No maximums, I'll take as many as I can during that window of a couple days.) We can always use many eyes on our "selling points" before querying agents or uploading eBooks, and I've been around long enough to know what's catchy, and what's not.

And I want to share that knowledge with you. There are some fabulous blogger resources already out there: Dianne K Salerni and Marcy Hatch do First Impressions on their blogs and give excellent feedback on first pages. Matthew MacNish has been doing public query critiques for years. And if you need someone to write your blurb for you, Michael di Gesu offers that paid service via his blog.

Not to mention all the wonderful writer sites and forums that offer similar opportunities. But this is just another way to get feedback, in private and free of charge. From me to you in the strictest of confidences. So take advantage if you need it. Just lookout for the notice here on my blog, as well as Twitter and my Author page on Facebook. (Links in my sidebar)

Here's to a magical holiday season, and stellar 2014! Now, it's back to the writing cave for me! I have a sequel to finish! May your new year be filled with peace, love, creativity, and productivity.

I leave you with some Random Acts of Kindness pictures that will warm your heart and make you smile.

35 Pictures That Prove the World isn't Such a Bad Place 

So tell me, how will you celebrate the new year?

34 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a really generous offer, PK!
You are so right that this community gives back and without expecting anything in return.
Have a blessed Christmas!

Mark Koopmans said...

You are a RockStar, PK and I think, no I *know* you will positively influence a ton of writers this coming year - and beyond :)

Merry Christmas and a very _appy New Year!

(the H is silent, right? :)

Bish Denham said...

What a wonderful gift to give for all of us who work so hard to become better writers. May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and most fabulous New Year.

Michelle Wallace said...

That's an amazing offer sistah!
Have a peaceful and blessed Christmas!
Writer In Transit

Donna K. Weaver said...

That's awesome, PK. Happy Christmas!

Elsie Amata said...

Random acts of kindness truly make the world a happier place. Merry Christmas!

Old Kitty said...

Awwww lovely PK!! Hope your writing cave is filled with Christmas cheer and tinsel and lots of festive fayre!!

Have a great Christmas and New Year!
p.s love your new avatar btw! Yay! Take care
x

Robin said...

A generous gift you are offering!!! Everyone needs that critique to make their work better:)

Merry Christmas!!!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Pk! What an awesome gift to give to your fellow writers. Merry Christmas!

Andrew Leon said...

Merry Christmas!

Huntress, aka CD Coffelt said...

What a beautiful, generous offer. You are one of a kind for sure :)

A Blessed Day to you and yours.
Author of Wilder Mage at Spirit Called
Facebook Wilder Mage

Carrie-Anne said...

Happy Christmas to you and your family! That's an awesome service you'll be performing in the new year.

Yolanda Renee said...

Very generous! Congratulations on such a successful year and your desire to give in return - awesome!

Merry Christmas!

Ella said...

YOU are very kind n' generous! I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday! Cheers to 2014 and congrats on all your endeavors~

P V Ariel said...

Nicely presented.
Have a blessed day.
Happy holidays.

Michael Di Gesu said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, PK!!!!!!

All the best to you and your family. SOOO wonderful to see you ... I woke up this morning and the park across the street from me was covered in snow!

SOOO generous of you to give back! I may have to send you something. LOL.

Thank you so much for the shout out!

I hope you have a MAGICAL and special Christmas!!!!

Suzanne Sapsed said...

Lovely to hear you had a good 2013, hope it continues into the New Year :)
Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
x

Mildred R Holmes said...

Yes, a fine thing you are doing. I may or may not take advantage of your kind offer. Merry Christmas.

Cally Jackson said...

That's a great way of giving back, PK. Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas (it's Boxing Day here in Aus) and look forward to staying in touch in 2014. :-)

Norma Beishir said...

Good idea, PK!

I already have a copy of BTT, but I'll spread the word...

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi PK - I love the idea of giving back now - it's the time of giving .. and I'm so pleased Butterman has been published .. and you're reaping the rewards.

Have a peaceful and blessed rest of the season .. Hilary

Denise Covey said...

Hello Pk. Some inspiration here. Like your idea for giving back to the community. I am about to begin your book. I, too, buy most blogger books, but don't always review due to time constraints. If anyone asks specifically I will, however. Give me a nudge if I don't do one for you.

Merry Christmas Pk.

Denise

M. J. Joachim said...

I'm glad this year was so good to you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Elizabeth Marro said...

Well, this was a fun surprise to find when I visited as part of the 50 States of Pray bloghop. Thank you. And Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you!

Beth said...

Awesome, PK. Thanks for this.

Misha Gericke said...

That's an awesome idea! I might just take you up on your offer.

Have a wonderful 2014. :-)

Julie Flanders said...

What a generous and wonderful idea. Happy New Year to you and your family, Pk!

Lexa Cain said...

How do you find the time to do everything that you do? I'm barely keeping up with commitments to crit ms's and review books. Good luck with it!

I'm wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2014!

William Kendall said...

I am awaiting your book by mail... expecting it by the time I get in after the holidays.

Have a Happy New Year!

Jay Noel said...

That is just incredible!!!

I hope you have a fantastic New Year Celebration. Here's hoping 2014 is even better than 2013!

Gina Gao said...

This is a really brilliant post! Thanks for sharing.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Crystal Collier said...

Pk, wow. Generous. You are pretty amazing, you know? Oh, and I just got done reading Butterman and am DESPERATELY seeking time to post a review. It's coming. Loved it. Truly and deeply.

jamieayres.com said...

That was really generous of you :-) Happy New Year! I'm celebrating with the release of two new pretty book covers!! Thanks again for your valued input! ~Cheers

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You are always the most awesome and generous! I try to pick up fellow blogger's books too. I have a certain degree of pride in admitting I have yet to read the "Twilight" books, but I have read several books written by friends. But I have so many...I need to learn to read faster!!!