Monday, February 10, 2014

Come and Get Your Blog On!

Howdy, friends! So much going on this week and I'm super glad you stopped by here to see what's happening.

First up, I'll be touring for the next two weeks with Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. and you can find a list of blogs here. Interviews, excerpts, playlists, and top tens abound! Check it out and come meet some awesome book bloggers you may not already know.


There's a Rafflecopter with prizes up for grabs too! So don't miss your op to win!

Also this week, my debut author buddy, Crystal Collier is hosting her Moonless in Print blogfest, and there's a theme! Yes! (love themes!) Read on to see who I'd want to have an arranged marriage with.


So Moonless is now available in print, which is one of the best feelings in the world for an author. Seeing and holding your actual book is just ... indescribable. So big congrats to Crystal for getting there!

On to the theme ...

If arranged marriages were a reality in my society today, and I had any say in the matter, and could pick ANYONE to be arranged to. I'd choose to become ...



                                                (Photo credit: push-pulse.deviantart.com)

             Mrs. Legolas Greenleaf

You can call me Lady Greenleaf, though. Our wedding shall be in Rivendell, married by Lord Elrond, and we shall exchange magical rings forged by the elves with inscriptions readable only by moonlight. I shall wear a silvery silk gown and tiara embellished with silver-dipped leaves. Legolas shall wear a masculine tunic and will not be distracted by lurking spiders or orcs, but if one should approach, he shall have his bow at the ready to protect his blushing bride. 

And we shall kiss to seal the commitment, and birds will chirp, and elvish harps will sing, and I'll have the biggest grin on my face afterwards.  Much feasting and merry-making will commence in the grand hall of Rivendell, then my new husband shall put me on his white steed and we shall ride to Lothlorien, where we shall honeymoon in the tree tops overlooking the forest. 

After many days of tree gazing and elvish love-making, we shall return to our new home in Mirkwood Forest, where I shall then train for archery and learn elvish, before expanding the Greenleaf family with little Legolas Jrs. or Little PKs. 

Le sigh .... 

Huh? What? No don't bother me, I'm still dreaming ... *sighs again*

Alright, okay. I've returned to reality, where life isn't all that bad anyway, right? Head on over to Crystal's blog for blogfest HQ and read all the other entries. So fun, right? And as a parting gift for you, Crystal is offering a $2 off coupon if you'd like to purchase a print copy. Just go here, and enter this code LQJM3F84

And thanks so much for stopping by. How about you? Who would you want to be arranged to? Don't forget my blog tour going on over the next two weeks over at Candace's Book Blog!   



51 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You put a lot of thought into it! I'd attend that wedding. Nothing like elven festivities.

Barbara Watson said...

Fun theme! I'd pick the same guy, just a different movie -- Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and be Mrs. Will Turner. But I guess there already is one, isn't there? :-) The one day on land for every ten years at sea would stink though.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

You made me smile. I just watched the entire zillion hours of that trilogy last week while I was writing.

SA Larsenッ said...

Mrs. Greenleaf ... I can see it now.

Crystal Collier said...

LOL!! Oh my. That's quite a dream, woman. Ah, Legolas... You might have to duke it out with my eight year old daughter though. She's laid claims.

DAVID WALSTON said...

HA! That was too funny!

Karen Walker said...

Hi Pk, glad you posted about your book tour - it reminded me to purchase your book, which I just did. Good luck with the tour.

Norma Beishir said...

Legolas, huh? Good choice!

I'd pick Thor!

Julie Flanders said...

Lady Greenleaf, I love it. Good luck with your tour!

Jessie Humphries said...

Ooh, Legolas! I have to admit I don't know much about the character, but I'll take the actor just the same ;)

Catherine Stine said...

Elvish lovemaking, eh? That cracks me up! And cool about your upcoming tour!

Kristin Smith said...

Loved your wedding description!! What a fun choice! Good luck with your blog tour!

http://swordsandstilettos.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Best of luck keeping up with everything. Good choice, elfin magic.

Heather M. Gardner said...

Ah yes, the elvish love-making. It's all the rage!

Nice choice. I prefer Orlando dark and sinister but I'll take him blonde too!

Heather

Robin said...

I agree with Alex... you put some thought into that... how much time BEFORE this challenge have you envisioned this elfish wedding???? To your credit, he is pretty darn cute:) And who doesn't want to go to elvish wedding? Count me in.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great choice. I love Legolas. Can I come to the wedding? And good luck on your blog tour. Looking forward to your visit at mine.

Chrys Fey said...

Hello, Mrs. Legolas Greenleaf. ;)

Legolas is a wonderful choice! And a wedding at Rivendell would be stunning!

I loved reading you post. It was very creative. :)

E.J. Wesley said...

Someone chose Tolkien, and I thought that would be totally unique. Then I see you've chosen one of his creations! I've clearly (way) underestimated the awesomeness of the ladies I blog-around with. :D

Isis Rushdan said...

Good luck with the tour. Nice choice marrying a hot elf.

Carrie-Anne said...

You put a lot of details and thought into that wedding! Being such a tomboy and gender-atypical, I never really put any thought into a potential future wedding day.

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

I'm not as adventurous as you, PK. I'd choose somewhere much less dangerous to reside. Besides, with my luck, my family would pick someone totally inappropriate for the match.

Fifi Islaih said...

I love reading that little fairy tale of yours (:

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, PK...

Interesting choice! Yup, I can see it though. You love your pixies, elves, and fairy creatures! lol.

Congrats to Crystal for her release! ALL THE BEST!

And to you as well with your NEWEST BOOK!!!!

D.G. Hudson said...

Legolas is a great choice. An Elven wedding would be lovely to see. Liked your bit of fiction.

J.L. Campbell said...

Now that's quite a fantasy. who would want to return to reality.

Old Kitty said...

All hail Lady Greenleaf!! Having just seen Hobbit 2 and swooning at a broody and beautiful Legolas - I totally understand! Yay! Take care
x

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Haven't a clue who I'd choose. But I did enjoy your fantasy. :-)

Sia McKye Over Coffee

SC Author said...

LEGOLAS IS AWESOME. I'm a guy and I'm saying that, so your decision is understandable!!! He's awesome.

shelly said...

Does your hubby know?

Maybe Sir Poops and Hairball can help you with your tour.

Janie Junebug said...

I hope I'm invited to the wedding.

Love,
Janie Junebug

Kyra Lennon said...

"Elvish love making" - that sounds like fun! Lol!

erica and christy said...

Well, you had a lot of fun with your marriage response! Loved the creativity! Christy

Melissa Bradley said...

I have a huge list, but I'd love to be Mrs. Tony Stark. Billionaire, genius, philanthropist and Iron Man. Nough said LOL

jamieayres.com said...

Wow, if your hubs reads this, he may think you put a little toooo much thought into it ;-)

Christine Rains said...

Oh, how lovely. I do wonder if his ears are really sensitive!

William Kendall said...

Hmmm, this is the fourth time I've seen this theme today, PK!

Since you'd go with a LOTR theme, I'll go with the same for my answer here, and say Eowyn. Maybe it's the way Miranda Otto plays her, or the character's strong personality alone.

Or the way she handles a sword.

Cynthia said...

That WAS Orlando's break out role, wasn't it! Sounds like it'd be quite a wedding!

Tammy Theriault said...

my gosh you two would make great babies :)

Donna Hole said...

Oh yes please, let me dream with you . . le sigh.

Lexa Cain said...

I knew you'd pick someone really cool, and you didn't disappoint. Congrats to Crystal! Hoping she sells lots of copies. :)

Maurice Mitchell said...

I remember your last tour was everywhere PK, so congrats. An arranged marriage to Angolina Jolie would not be painful at all. ;)

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Such a fun blog tour. I'm enjoying reading everyone's picks.

Mark Murata said...

Good to see another New Adult novel come out.

Trisha F said...

I love your answer, though I am totally an Aragorn girl myself :P

And he speaks Elvish too, right?? hehe

Liz Blocker said...

HA! Now that's what I call a GREAT arranged marriage. Guaranteed to marry Legolas? You have to get married? DARN. Aw, shucks, twist my arm... ;)

JJ said...

I'm with Alex and Robin. Invite me to the wedding!

DMS said...

Your arranged marriage sounds like lots of fun! I want to come. :) Wishing you and Crystal the best of luck. I have both of your books on my list!!
~Jess

LD Masterson said...

Invite us all!

Best of luck with the blog tour.

sydneyaaliyah.com said...

PK, i'll fight you for the role or we could share him. I love Mr. Greenleaf

Cathrina Constantine said...

Legolas good choice! I'm more the Aragon type. Happy Valentines Day!